Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I spent 1.5 million gil on a side ponytail for my viera. I do not regret this, it was money extremely well spent.

e: what a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Money is for glam. You spent it wisely.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I mean what else are you gonna use your money on, buying a house :smuggo:?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

It worked for me. :smug:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

I caught a Titanic Sawfish today and handed it in. I assume that this signals the end of all other hobbies and indeed basic hygiene.
Condolences but also grats, it was nice knowing you :v:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Professor Beetus posted:

I spent 1.5 million gil on a side ponytail for my viera. I do not regret this, it was money extremely well spent.

e: what a snipe

I spent 75 mil on two gold mounts, see where your path leads you

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I spent 14 million on the red kobold robot mount!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Leal posted:

I mean what else are you gonna use your money on, buying a house :smuggo:?

:negative:

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jun 11, 2022

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
https://twitter.com/CapocolloFFXIV/status/1535310259618729985

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Well, it took me a long time (due to laziness) but I finally finished the Resistance Weapon questline! :toot:

With this and Anima I only have left Zodiac (which I will never finish because gently caress books) and Eureka (which I might actually do once I start doing Eureka).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

eureka weapons arent too bad to do if you are doing/have done eureka anyway

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Awesome! posted:

eureka weapons arent too bad to do if you are doing/have done eureka anyway

Yeah, it's a grind but there's nothing weird.

...gently caress books. Heck, if they combined all the books into one big book so I could do all the stuff at once that'd be a major hurdle taken care of. I could pick a spot, go, zone out for a bit. Do some 50/60/70/80 and leveling, then see what dungeons are left to knock off. But no, I have to keep changing it up according to the very short list, then go back for more.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Books are bad, but nowhere near as bad as they seem at first glance. Arguably, the worst part of books is waiting for the FATEs to spawn.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I finally got through the initial Anima phase of beating those 10 dungeons, now I just need to get the materials for the thingies or whatever they are. Someday.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Almost every stage of the Anima grind that isn't explicitly "Do Duties" is basically a Poetics dump, it's very easy.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Anima took a while until I got the motivation to spam Savage but yeah it's easy. Books are a nightmare that forces you to constanly teleport, do old dungeons with a lovely weapon and solo FATES that take hours to spawn. Like, the rest of the steps ain't that bad but wth they never did anything with books.

And yeah, Eureka is just I started it, didn't really like it and left it alone. Now there's the challenge log and nerfs I'll try it again cause the tank Elemental armor looks amazing.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

…I forget, what’s the giant Star Destroyer-looking thing in EW’s logo supposed to represent?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Books are a nightmare that forces you to constanly teleport, do old dungeons with a lovely weapon and solo FATES that take hours to spawn.

You don't need to have the weapon equipped for the whole dungeon, you just need it for killing the final boss.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Regalingualius posted:

…I forget, what’s the giant Star Destroyer-looking thing in EW’s logo supposed to represent?

the ragnarok

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

W.T. Fits posted:

You don't need to have the weapon equipped for the whole dungeon, you just need it for killing the final boss.
And when you inevitably forget to swap back before the last boss you will have wasted way more time then you gain from using a different weapon.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I'm using excess poetics to buy the materials for an anima relic weapon. I'm trying to buy Pneumite, but none of the vendors I'm talking to that are supposed to have it (like Auriana in Mor Dhona) have it. Do I need to do something to unlock it?

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I'm using excess poetics to buy the materials for an anima relic weapon. I'm trying to buy Pneumite, but none of the vendors I'm talking to that are supposed to have it (like Auriana in Mor Dhona) have it. Do I need to do something to unlock it?

Yes, get your first anima weapon up to the stage you'll need it. This is true for a bunch of the required mats.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Kerrzhe posted:

the ragnarok

People say this but it honestly looks a lot more like one of the brands?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

People say this but it honestly looks a lot more like one of the brands?

my impression is that it's a final fantasy logo, a super stylized representation of the idea of the ragnarok and designed to not be an outright spoiler. the ragnarok is a huge part of the climax of the whole expansion, and i doubt they'd put something that is never even seen flying in space in the logo. yeah it's a rectangle, but that's not the point.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Kerrzhe posted:

my impression is that it's a final fantasy logo, a super stylized representation of the idea of the ragnarok and designed to not be an outright spoiler. the ragnarok is a huge part of the climax of the whole expansion, and i doubt they'd put something that is never even seen flying in space in the logo. yeah it's a rectangle, but that's not the point.

Whatever it is, it looks like it'd be fun to dunk in some spinach and artichoke dip.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I thought it was a new tomestone

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Twibbit posted:

I thought it was a new tomestone

It's Rowena bringing capitalism to the moon

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Arist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Arist posted:

Please no spoilers for the next custom deliveries NPC.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It reminds me of the Destiny pyramid ships but tbh it's really just triangles all the way down.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I think they just redesigned the ship after they got Amano to do the logo.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
its just actually a real star destroyer

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

It's a slice of stuffed pizza because FFXIV loves Chicago, as well it should.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I know it's been said before but it's really a bummer you can't go through NG+ and level, or get rewards or anything. It's been so long I can't remember ARR/HW at all, and for a game that lets you do all the content and it makes it matter it's bizarre the blind spot on NG+.

Especially with updating the story NPCs and stuff

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

People would just do that instead of ever stepping foot into LDR and such ever again. It'd be a very bad idea.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013

Barreft posted:

I know it's been said before but it's really a bummer you can't go through NG+ and level, or get rewards or anything. It's been so long I can't remember ARR/HW at all, and for a game that lets you do all the content and it makes it matter it's bizarre the blind spot on NG+.

Especially with updating the story NPCs and stuff

The issue would be balancing against people skipping cutscenes to get those fat gobs of MSQ exp again. It would be trivially easy to accidentally make NG+ the fastest way to level without dramatically slashing the quest exp rewards, so they slashed them all the way to zero. FFXIV is far more permissive of solo play than any other MMO I know of, but everyone trying to powerlevel vanishing into solo NG+ play if it became the new fastest way wouldn't be good.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Grayshift posted:

The issue would be balancing against people skipping cutscenes to get those fat gobs of MSQ exp again. It would be trivially easy to accidentally make NG+ the fastest way to level without dramatically slashing the quest exp rewards, so they slashed them all the way to zero. FFXIV is far more permissive of solo play than any other MMO I know of, but everyone trying to powerlevel vanishing into solo NG+ play if it became the new fastest way wouldn't be good.

I mean, it's over a decade old now. Is faster exp for a class that bad?

Fine I have an answer. Make it a real NG+. You get to pick one class to repeat the story with in NG+. Would one be enough allowed so we can repeat the story at some point instead of having to watch hours of video on youtube to recollect?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I just want to be able to talk to story NPC's like Momodi. Their text gets updated after every major story beat and that lacking from NG+ is a huge bummer.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

jalapeno_dude posted:

Yes, get your first anima weapon up to the stage you'll need it. This is true for a bunch of the required mats.
The regular poetics vendors work like that yeah, some of the relic mats are gated behind going through the anima quest chain for the first time.

Although when I was playing an alt a while ago I thought I saw anima mats on the HW splendors vendor (lady near the Ishgard aetheryte) which the alt shouldn't have had access to, but maybe I was mistaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Barreft posted:

I mean, it's over a decade old now. Is faster exp for a class that bad?

Fine I have an answer. Make it a real NG+. You get to pick one class to repeat the story with in NG+. Would one be enough allowed so we can repeat the story at some point instead of having to watch hours of video on youtube to recollect?

You could always make an alt.