Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
mario party is a sports game :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Miitopia if you make a Wario Mii.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Mario Tennis: Aces
Mario Golf: Super Rush

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The Calvin Ball of sports

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

eightysixed posted:

Mario Tennis: Aces
Mario Golf: Super Rush

those are also sports games!

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I made a girl cry in high school because I said “track and field is the Mario Party of sports”, for some reason that joke really struck a nerve with her.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Large Testicles posted:

Kinda annoyed we're not getting a sale this weekend like the Euros.

Wait for next week.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wario land will come back one day it has to

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It’s coming back as a $250k kickstarter campaign with bad art and only one level. Get hype!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

American McGay posted:

It’s coming back as a $250k kickstarter campaign with bad art and only one level. Get hype!!!

Sorry but silksong got cancelled

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sort of Switch related, Deadly Premonition 2 dropped on Steam today. It has no graphics settings and no mouse & keyboard support, but it’s also not crashing and is running at a steady high framerate. So I guess that’s an option if you found the switch version unplayable. I’m sure the community will take it upon themselves to offer up the missing graphics and control features.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
When I think of new Zelda entry, I definitely don't think of HD ports or warriors games. But that's just me personally, I wouldn't count those as
new annual releases. HD ports for sure are not new releases

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Detective No. 27 posted:

What's the local multiplayer like?

It is good. The game allows you to have 8 local players on a console but I only did 2 player.

Overall, having less characters hurts the game and makes things feel more samey like worms guy mentioned. The hits don’t feel as big, even when hitting players into the electric fence. The stadiums don’t feel as loud as in the previous game. If the last Mario Strikers is a 9, this is a 7.5, still very good. Just less so than the previous game. I’ve only played a few hours so mb my opinions will change though.

Feels kind of like Switch Sports where base gameplay is nailed but slightly worse than the last game, with less options. Fans of the previous game and arcade style sports games will like this. Just don’t expect it to be a goat arcade sports game.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sorry but silksong got cancelled

New rumor is day one gamepass

ISUCHARESLOLO
Dec 10, 2005

The verb "to google" has come to mean "to perform a Web search", usually with the Google search engine.
Is there a SA Strikers Club for Mario Strikers?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

KingSlime posted:

When I think of new Zelda entry, I definitely don't think of HD ports or warriors games. But that's just me personally, I wouldn't count those as
new annual releases. HD ports for sure are not new releases

I agree but I want Wind Waker on Switch so bad I'll convince myself it's a new entry

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Every Zelda game should be on the Switch.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bleck posted:

Every Zelda game should be on the Switch.

That award goes to the Wii U

*Actually if you have a 3DS and Wii U, that should be every Zelda

Spellman fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 12, 2022

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

ISUCHARESLOLO posted:

Is there a SA Strikers Club for Mario Strikers?

Start one and get everyone to join.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Spellman posted:

That award goes to the Wii U

The what?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Bleck posted:

The what?
You know, the Switch XL.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Spellman posted:

every Zelda

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Updated ports/remakes of the Oracle games would rule.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Sorry the next zelda is crossbow training 2

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

ColdPie posted:

Updated ports/remakes of the Oracle games would rule.

I agree. I've recently been replaying them, and they'd drastically benefit from moving Sword to a dedicated item. When facing a certain boss, I have to do a CRAPTON of menuing to swap items. (Think...6 times I have to enter the menu to beat this boss)

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

The Oracle games are the one of the few Zelda games that I've not played much and certainly never beaten. Mostly because I never had a Gameboy Color, and I only remember playing a demo copy back when stores had game demos.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Get those folks to finish their game Plucky Squire and then give them Zelda 2 to remake

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Zuzie posted:

The Oracle games are the one of the few Zelda games that I've not played much and certainly never beaten. Mostly because I never had a Gameboy Color, and I only remember playing a demo copy back when stores had game demos.

Emulate them imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oracle of ages is my favorite zelda

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Link Between Worlds is my favorite zelda

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

cheetah7071 posted:

Oracle of ages and seasons are my favorite zeldas

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Only once you start a fight in the final stretch of turns with at least one other player because they just irreversibly hosed over your lead completely.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Minish Cap is an excellent Zelda.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Don't play KOTOR 2 until autumn, it seems.

https://twitter.com/AspyrMedia/status/1534808628380717058?t=5SYO2K1V6EiQOVT_Pv3maA&s=19

What a weird rollout.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

cheetah7071 posted:

Oracle of ages is my favorite zelda

I recently finished Ages and I'm currently playing Seasons as a linked game, I'm definitely liking the latter more. I'm not sure if it's because of the additional linked game benefits or because I just really disliked the whole Goron section in Ages (navigating the area, way too much mini-games).

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Target is doing their B2G1 sale again. Shredder's Revenge is on the list.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Mierenneuker posted:

I recently finished Ages and I'm currently playing Seasons as a linked game, I'm definitely liking the latter more. I'm not sure if it's because of the additional linked game benefits or because I just really disliked the whole Goron section in Ages (navigating the area, way too much mini-games).

I would say the time travel is a fun gimmick but season changing works even better and just looks great

Spellman
May 31, 2011

How many songs from this game should they put in Breath of Wild 2? All of them? Twice?

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Spellman posted:

How many songs from this game should they put in Breath of Wild 2? All of them? Twice?

*gives glider*

"At last, you have the means to get off my house!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Silegna posted:

I agree. I've recently been replaying them, and they'd drastically benefit from moving Sword to a dedicated item. When facing a certain boss, I have to do a CRAPTON of menuing to swap items. (Think...6 times I have to enter the menu to beat this boss)

I would just about kill for the Oracles games done in the same style as the Link's Awakening remake. Which would also solve the dedicated sword button problem. Playing the Gameboy Zeldas at this point just drives me up the wall with all the item swapping you have to do with every little thing. I still haven't finished either of the Oracle games and I blame it on the constant annoyance.