Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
"His cousin is my PT instructor, though she doesn't do a very good job"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

A few morning crashes, unfortunate :(

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

ewe2 posted:

A few morning crashes, unfortunate :(

My Italian commentary kinda explained why, the brakes are starting to get uneven (calipers are setting slowly in the open position due to vibrations from kerbs) so there are going to be lockups and spins over time

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ah that makes sense, it seemed a bit weird for there to be a sudden rash of mishaps like that.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/24hoursoflemans/status/1535868476224688128

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

yeah they have not minced words about the absurdity of the bop nerf to the alpine since the very first lap of the race when the alpine was having trouble keeping up with lmp2s on the mulsanne

And the joke of that is the Oreca is pretty much 90% an Oreca 07 LMP2. They've literally made it slower down the straight then itself running in a lower class.

SlowBloke posted:

Multiple clutch blockages/failures. On the topic of BoP loving Alpine over, I feel like ACO should have told them "No, we won't let you use a LMP1 in another class, go build a proper car" rather than have them run and then nerf it into oblivion to please Toyota.

They were desperate. At the time manufacturers weren't committing (and didn't until they were allowed to use IMSA's fake LMP2s) and Glickenhaus were giving off serious "It'll never race" vibes. They were looking at the very real chance of the Toyotas racing literally no-one in hypercar, possibly forever.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Simultaneous retirements from the Corvettes!

I literally missed the crash because I was crossing the 63 off my spotter's guide.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

That accident had been coming for a couple of corners

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Someone is going to get one hell of a penalty for that shunt.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ewe2 posted:

Someone is going to get one hell of a penalty for that shunt.

AF Corse LMP2 takes out the Corvette handing the win in GTE Pro to AF Corse.

There's gonna be a fight.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Dudley posted:

AF Corse LMP2 takes out the Corvette handing the win in GTE Pro to AF Corse.

There's gonna be a fight.

Best case scenario af lmp2 gets in immense penality, worst case disqualified and huge monetary punishment.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmao

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

To be fair it's difficult to have an incident in this race not involving AF Corse, they're running 7 cars, possibly 8.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

SlowBloke posted:

Best case scenario af lmp2 gets in immense penality, worst case disqualified and huge monetary punishment.

I don't think they'll get a punishment tbh, they were just avoiding the AGR car.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i don't think the agr would have hit him but it did move quite a bit pretty suddenly. the agr also has its gentleman driver behind the wheel, incidentally.

also the 91 prolly has the best chance to win now tbh, they are considerably faster and have been the whole race and are less than 20 seconds back.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Dudley posted:

I don't think they'll get a punishment tbh, they were just avoiding the AGR car.

Three minutes stop and go, biggest penalty yet.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Seems harsh tbh.

So it was Falb in the 47? All I can see is Sophia is in it now.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dudley posted:

Seems harsh tbh.

wasn't it the 45?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

wasn't it the 45?

I can't say 100% but it looked like the 47 in replays to me. From the front they're near identical though.

I assume Thomas is the Am in the 45?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Dudley posted:

Seems harsh tbh.

Even if it wasn't voluntary, it was a dumb thing to do on the fast part of the fastest straight in the circuit. It's a 300+ km/h zone . The lmp2 team principal just grabbed the driver and took him to Corvette Racing to ask for forgiveness, if it wasn't a stupid move they wouldn't have.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I disagree with both parts of that post, he didn't have to be grabbed and he'd probably have gone anyway.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Can we go 2 minutes without someone cosplaying a rich dude in a GT Ferrari?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dudley posted:

Can we go 2 minutes without someone cosplaying a rich dude in a GT Ferrari?

we're past the 18 hour mark so no

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Safety car is out(first since 2018). Everything but hyper car is going to get wild soon.

Edit:

Dudley posted:

I disagree with both parts of that post, he didn't have to be grabbed and he'd probably have gone anyway.

Eurosport clearly shown Amato Ferrari actively pushing the driver thru the pits, body language wasn't showing relax or happiness.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 12, 2022

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SlowBloke posted:

Safety car is out(first since 2018). Everything but hyper car is going to get wild soon.

that's nice to hear since the last 2 hours have not been nearly wild enough

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

They were saying the race has really slowed down and a lot of drivers haven't had enough time in the seat. I don't quite understand the bronze-silver time thing, does that relate to who gets to stand on the podium?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

ewe2 posted:

They were saying the race has really slowed down and a lot of drivers haven't had enough time in the seat. I don't quite understand the bronze-silver time thing, does that relate to who gets to stand on the podium?

https://www.lemans.org/en/page/driver-categories/109

It's a combo of age and performance.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

bronze, silver, gold and platinum refers to how good/experienced a driver is. amateurs are bronze. i believe bronze drivers require less time behind the wheel during the race, i dunno if the others have different time requirements from one another but they do require more time than bronze drivers in the race.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ewe2 posted:

I'm not sure which bit you don't understand.

Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum are FIA driver rankings from amateur to F1. In the Am classes you're required to have at least one bronze.

There are minimum amounts of time you must drive (as much as anything to stop the best driver doing 23hrs 30 and the worst 1 lap).

If you don't meet these the car isn't legal, you will be thrown out of the race entirely. So not only will you not stand on the podium, neither will anyone else.

The reason slowzones and SCs are a problem is, if you're on the edge of someone not in the car doing their minimum, the fact this massively extends the time a fuel stint takes could seriously gently caress you.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Safety car out, prepare for fun. GTE pro is already knife fighting since their distance got removed.

Edit: race is on, #51 and #91 are fighting hard, pretty fun.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jun 12, 2022

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Woke up at the 2hr mark and wish I could have stayed up for it all. Poor Corvette; we get GT3 next year, right? I remember 2024 but gently caress it I want more manufacturers NOW.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Shumagorath posted:

Woke up at the 2hr mark and wish I could have stayed up for it all. Poor Corvette; we get GT3 next year, right? I remember 2024 but gently caress it I want more manufacturers NOW.

Next year (technically next month in Monza for 9x8) you get Peugeot, Cadillac and Ferrari in hypercar so you can wish for someone other than Toyota or Glick to win. GT3 is 2024.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

SlowBloke posted:

Next year (technically next month in Monza for 9x8) you get Peugeot, Cadillac and Ferrari in hypercar so you can wish for someone other than Toyota or Glick to win. GT3 is 2024.
Can we play Stone Cold's theme over the PA and throw in a pair of Lambos for the last hour?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Shumagorath posted:

Can we play Stone Cold's theme over the PA and throw in a pair of Lambos for the last hour?

https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/news/lamborghini-squadra-corse-announces-first-lmdh-prototype

2024 at best.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I meant GTE Pro --> GT3 :v: It's too bad seeing the class shrink down to five cars from two manufacturers with Corvette in the pits. LMP1/LMH I made peace with when Porsche hosed off and denied us more 919 action.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jun 12, 2022

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Shumagorath posted:

I meant GTE Pro --> GT3 :v: It's too bad seeing the class shrink down to five cars from two manufacturers with Corvette in the pits. LMP1/LMH I made peace with when Porsche hosed off and denied us more 919 action.

ACO is loving with the manufacturers since when they said "GT3 for 2024", they meant "GT3 cars with a custom package for 2024" which is supposedly 100k€+ per car, so Porsche has already publicly said they are not happy about it (while the rest awaits for ACO to react). I'm expecting Lambo to walk the corporate VAG line.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao that mans poor back.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Another year complete. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

iron dames ran extremely better than their finish would indicate, they should be on podium

i hope they have better luck next year and bop doesn't murder ferrari as hard, they could totally compete for the win