Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

External Organs posted:

What time is the Xbox stuff tomorrow?
1PM Eastern, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Rageaholic posted:

1PM Eastern, I think

Perfect, with any luck my two year old will be napping...

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I hope something neat happens, like Goldeneye is revealed and put up on GamePass during the event.

Or any game I have a vaguely passing interest in. I like Sega Saturn-esque AND IT'S OUT RIGHT NOW moments.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/jfmaj0r/status/1535623980404641792?s=21&t=MKDcckY2QEP4_tlEjm8fSA

Good news regarding TMNT Xbox/PC crossplay.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:banjo:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Ok I'll bite, what the hell is so special about Goldeneye in 2022.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

Last time millennials remember the world being normal

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

As far as Retro FPSes go it's still pretty fun and does a couple of neat things that a lot of modern games don't even do (primarily difficulty settings actually adding additional objectives to the levels instead of just twiddling enemy stats).

A lot of stuff in it was done much better in Perfect Dark, which has been on XBLA for a long time and is on Game Pass as part of Rare Replay, but it'll be nice to have the original available again in a readily-accessible official form.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Also the backhalf of Perfect Dark gets dicey, quality-wise. Still dope tho.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Im not buying a goldeneye 64 remaster, but if it’s free on gamepass i’ll absolutely do a 100% completion run to prove to myself i havent forgotten my childhood skillz or whatever

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Y’all see the deal on slickdeals for 50 days of gpu for $8.19?
Not as good as stacking 3 years and converting for a buck but it’s basically $5/mo which is nothing to sneeze at.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

priznat posted:

I tried it on gamepass and noped out pretty fast, although it was before the intro part was over even. Maybe it gets better once it opens up.

I really liked 2 and 3 was ok

I played Edith Finch tonight on my sister's recommendation.

I have a weird fear of dead fish. That was.... something.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

John F Bennett posted:

the core of the game is very good, it has interesting ideas with the whole spy angle and the level design is mostly great

with modernized controls i see no reason it would not be a blast

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

otter posted:

Y’all see the deal on slickdeals for 50 days of gpu for $8.19?
Not as good as stacking 3 years and converting for a buck but it’s basically $5/mo which is nothing to sneeze at.

Thanks for the reminder. I just stacked mine for 3 years.

The other conversion is like $4.33 a month so it’s not a huge difference.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John F Bennett posted:

I was a PlayStation gamer so I don't get it at all

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

I was a PlayStation gamer

explains a lot

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Ok fine, thanks for the Goldeneye info, guys. If it comes to GP, I'll be sure to give it a chance.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if you ever played timesplitters it’s similarly fun

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

John F Bennett posted:

Nothing, it's pretty bad, but they've been doing this remake for a long time, it got stuck in licensing hell, and now it's actually going to come out, so it'll be neat to see the fruits of the labor of bringing a lovely N64 game into 2022

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

Nothing, it's pretty bad, but they've been doing this remake for a long time, it got stuck in licensing hell, and now it's actually going to come out, so it'll be neat to see the fruits of the labor of bringing a lovely N64 game into 2022

They've said the remaster was developed within "several months in 2008", so I wouldn't expect too much. I expect it'll look just like the unreleased version from 2008 except for ironing out any bugs and likely making it run in a 4K resolution + 60 fps.

Nonetheless it will be very interesting to see and I hope it'll be on Game Pass.

Zat fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 12, 2022

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Goldeneye was the last time Millennials were happy

Go to a friend's place, go to blockbuster and grab a movie, watch it and then stay up all night playing Goldeneye.

Then 9/11 happened and the world went to poo poo and we had to grow up.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Pretty sure every generation finds the transition from child to adult life hard whether you had 911 or not lmao

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

JBP posted:

Pretty sure every generation finds the transition from child to adult life hard whether you had 911 or not lmao

Yeah but not every generation gets to sit and watch the President (who stole the election) start a forever war and tank the economy.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

joylessdivision posted:

Yeah but not every generation gets to sit and watch the President (who stole the election) start a forever war and tank the economy.

Lol

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

JBP posted:

The older generation gets sylvester stallone and tom cruise reboots of 80s movies though, millenials just get to play the 30th version of the same game we liked when we were 12

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Excited to finally see Starfield gameplay, and then let down when it doesn't come anywhere close to matching what Todd Howard has promised.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My father in law is 85 and still watches black and white egyptian movies as like, his main tv entertainment. I always thought it was funny but I bought the MEGAMAN ZERO GBA COLLECTIOn on the switch for $20 the other day, so well on my way there

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

My father in law is 85 and still watches black and white egyptian movies as like, his main tv entertainment. I always thought it was funny but I bought the MEGAMAN ZERO GBA COLLECTIOn on the switch for $20 the other day, so well on my way there

Yeah, when we are all in our Goon nursing home, there is going to only be a NES and SNES hooked up.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Excited to finally see Starfield gameplay, and then let down when it doesn't come anywhere close to matching what Todd Howard has promised.

He called it Skyrim in space

P sure thats what theyre gonna deliver lol

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

joylessdivision posted:

Yeah but we were also lucky enough to have a 20 year war, not one but two “once in a lifetime economic recessions,” and a global pandemic.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
My childhood's badder than your childhood! It's got eight cars, and a house in Ireland! Sing it!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

joylessdivision posted:

The good news every generation from now will.

That said millennials are kind of uniquely hosed in that they got rugpulled on expected quality of life. At least everyone growing up know has known since birth that the world is poo poo.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

univbee posted:

The good news every generation from now will.

That said millennials are kind of uniquely hosed in that they got rugpulled on expected quality of life. At least everyone growing up know has known since birth that the world is poo poo.

Yeah I grew up in the 90's when the future was so bright and everything was going to be great forever and it you work hard and get a good job you can own a home :downsgun:

At least we still have video games.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

A bit more than an hour to go, hold on to your butts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOYnwhKwlw8

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Halo BR leaked apparently. If true it explains why they haven’t done poo poo for that game in 6 months

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Blue Raider posted:

Halo BR leaked apparently. If true it explains why they haven’t done poo poo for that game in 6 months

I think with current ttk this might be super stupid. Or maybe I'm just bad.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Blue Raider posted:

Whats BR mean?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Whays TTK mean?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

Isn't that gamemode they added in the current season basically Battle Royale?

There's a lot of """"leaks"""" going around, we'll see how many of them are as real as this one:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Kins posted:

Isn't that gamemode they added in the current season basically Battle Royale?

There's a lot of """"leaks"""" going around, we'll see how many of them are as real as this one:

they should do a gritty remake of Hover! for Windows 95