Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

sassassin posted:

You could always make an alt.

lol sure if they made that any easier. But since afaik you need to trust someone in your FC to trade things to your alts. A unified account bank or something would absolutely rule I agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Barreft posted:

I mean, it's over a decade old now. Is faster exp for a class that bad?

Fine I have an answer. Make it a real NG+. You get to pick one class to repeat the story with in NG+. Would one be enough allowed so we can repeat the story at some point instead of having to watch hours of video on youtube to recollect?

I mean you can still just do the story, why do you need to get xp from it? If your primary motivation is to see stuff you don't remember anymore, that should be worth it on its own, no?

boloney
May 29, 2021
My FC member just finished decorating the top floor of our house and their private chambers and I thought it looked really really good https://imgur.com/a/8oLMry5

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Barreft posted:

I know it's been said before but it's really a bummer you can't go through NG+ and level, or get rewards or anything. It's been so long I can't remember ARR/HW at all, and for a game that lets you do all the content and it makes it matter it's bizarre the blind spot on NG+.

Especially with updating the story NPCs and stuff

They don't have the quest rewards because bots speedrun the msq for money these days. It not giving experience does seem kind of silly to be honest but eh.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I mean you can still just do the story, why do you need to get xp from it? If your primary motivation is to see stuff you don't remember anymore, that should be worth it on its own, no?

No, it isn't worth it on its own, hence why I haven't done it. Thus my post, easily understood, no?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

isn't that what unending journey is for? surely you don't need reminders of how you killed 5 ladybugs.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I’m just doing the sky pirate raids for the first time, are these a reference to another game like some of the other alliance raid series are?

Just finished the Void Ark, which was really cool. Love to explore the magical Event Horizon.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

If you just want to see story cutscenes, watch them from the Unending book. Why waste my time doing MMO mechanics that get me nothing when I can do MMO mechanics in other ways (daily quests, roulettes, etc etc) that actually do give me something for that time? There are only a handful of mechanical parts of the story that are actually interesting. Generally when you're fighting someone important in a solo duty.

Zeruel posted:

isn't that what unending journey is for? surely you don't need reminders of how you killed 5 ladybugs.

It's this. I'd be interested to see usage statistics for NG+ vs. Unending Journey. I don't understand arguments that balancing NG+ would be too hard, either. Even if it was sidequest-levels of experience and money, it would still be better than literally getting nothing at all.

New Game Plus more like New Game Minus.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Roach Warehouse posted:

I’m just doing the sky pirate raids for the first time, are these a reference to another game like some of the other alliance raid series are?

Just finished the Void Ark, which was really cool. Love to explore the magical Event Horizon.

As far as I could tell, the only references are the recurring or memorable bosses from the older Final Fantasies; otherwise, the plot and setting for each of them is original to 14.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Finally started gearing a tank and I've decided I want to get good at Dark Knight. Made a glam to celebrate:

Barreft posted:

No, it isn't worth it on its own, hence why I haven't done it. Thus my post, easily understood, no?

It doesn't need to be an XP source, is Ibram's point. I agree with them, I don't think it'd be good design for people to be incentivized to mash through text and cutscenes they've already seen to level up alt jobs

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I wasn't sure what class I was going to level next, I was leaning towards Summoner but didn't have a good glam for it so I decided to see what I had in the Glamour Chest and well

Guess I'm going to level Summoner now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A big problem with summoner is you have to look toward caster gear for glams because most of their job exclusive gears look like garbage. Their 60 and 70 gear are especially terrible.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Summoner is an absolute blast to play, especially now. I did love it before the changes, too.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Electric Phantasm posted:

A big problem with summoner is you have to look toward caster gear for glams because most of their job exclusive gears look like garbage. Their 60 and 70 gear are especially terrible.

This sounds like an argument for not having a giant horn on your head and little dragon wings on your back.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

60 is the best set wtf. I love being a pretty princess with a giant horn.

In other news most of the way through leveling SAM I thought “I kinda want to do a Gintoki cosplay glam”.

And then got sad there’s no real way to do so. SE please give me tracksuit + yukata that’s only half on glam. And a bokuto sword.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 12, 2022

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yeah what the heck, the level 60 summoner artifact set is great.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBa24xZH_Ck

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

My pompadour is my horn. :colbert:

Dedekind
Sep 6, 2003

The blasphemer, uncontrite, must be punished mightily.

Warmachine posted:

It's this. I'd be interested to see usage statistics for NG+ vs. Unending Journey. I don't understand arguments that balancing NG+ would be too hard, either. Even if it was sidequest-levels of experience and money, it would still be better than literally getting nothing at all.

I do quite a lot of NG+, and almost never use Unending Journey. UJ has the story highlights, but NG+ has everything, not just the solo duties but including stuff like environmental effects and NPC dialogue changes (not to mention the cutscenes that aren’t cutscenes so they don’t appear in UJ). I like the story, and in all the media I consume I like revisiting to pick up details and themes I might have missed.

And NG+ utterly trivialises the gameplay. Between having flight, teleports unlocked, duty unsyncing, and massively outgearing the content, you rocket through it. Zero XP is honestly a fair assessment of the rewards NG+ deserves.

I guess in principle you could think about putting some job-locking/level-syncing mechanisms in place to prevent blasting through on a 90:and handing in on your levelling job, but why? There was demand for something like the current incarnation of NG+ (here I am), and it probably requires next to no dev maintenance past development. If only a fraction of the player base uses it, well, the same is true of Ultimates.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
One of the people in my FC managed to win the Cactpot tonight.

This is the second time he's won it.

And the Make It Rain event was going the first time he won it, too.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Dedekind posted:

I do quite a lot of NG+, and almost never use Unending Journey. UJ has the story highlights, but NG+ has everything, not just the solo duties but including stuff like environmental effects and NPC dialogue changes (not to mention the cutscenes that aren’t cutscenes so they don’t appear in UJ). I like the story, and in all the media I consume I like revisiting to pick up details and themes I might have missed.

Yeah, I wanted to mention this too. Unending Journey has the majority of the important beats in it, and it's perfectly fine if you want an overview with highlights. NG+ has (almost) everything, though, and there's a lot of little tidbits, hints, character moments and flavor that the UJ doesn't cover. (Of course, the solo duties have their own story stuff that the UJ can't cover, without even mentioning gameplay.)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Roach Warehouse posted:

Not intentionally, but I find it very easy to pretend it's Skies of Arcadia.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Rawhide Kobayashi

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

60 is the best set wtf. I love being a pretty princess with a giant horn.

In other news most of the way through leveling SAM I thought “I kinda want to do a Gintoki cosplay glam”.

And then got sad there’s no real way to do so. SE please give me tracksuit + yukata that’s only half on glam. And a bokuto sword.
The regular bokuto not good enough?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Hogama posted:

The regular bokuto not good enough?

I just found that after complaining. It’s good it exists, since it’s such a common anime trope.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Honestly instead of NG+ giving experience, just increase the experience of side quests for expansions you've "finished" so they have some value for levelling classes instead of being wholly just sources of levelling gear and story. Not that there's anything wrong with them being vehicle for story, but it should probably still give good experience for a second/third/etc class doing it instead of just clearing it up with your main at max level to clean maps.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I wonder how much of a job it would be to backport quest sync to ARR-HW-SB yellow quests

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ugh I just found the closest top for my glam idea and…….

It’s the lv 80 AF top. Which means I have to beat Varis Ex 3 times so I can get the dyable version. Ugh.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Interesting survey of the CN community.

quote:

Summoner, in particular, is rated by almost half of filtered respondents at 0 difficulty (original wording is "As long as you have hands").

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

jalapeno_dude posted:

Yes, get your first anima weapon up to the stage you'll need it. This is true for a bunch of the required mats.

Ah, good to know thanks!

I want this anima weapon for my Dark Knight. Currently my DRK is 60. Would it make sense, if I’m not in a rush to get the weapon, to wait until I’m 90 in that job to start the anima quests?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Ah, good to know thanks!

I want this anima weapon for my Dark Knight. Currently my DRK is 60. Would it make sense, if I’m not in a rush to get the weapon, to wait until I’m 90 in that job to start the anima quests?

There's nothing really stopping you from doing them now, as you're leveling DRK, but it would take a bit more time to do some of the content at level rather than blowing past it unsynced. Anima is largely just "How many poetics you got?" so if you're earning those at a decent enough clip, you'll be able to eventually grind it out.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

pouring one out for the sams in advance

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Shoutouts to my fellow MCH mains who continue to play the class they enjoy. And then all the folks playing BRD because its good but they hate it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BRD is fun

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I’ll never forgive them for making it Archer -> Bard and not Archer -> Ranger

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bard is a better class identity :colbert:

e: also you kind of got your wish, most of Bard's kit is Ranger lol

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Beats Tribe status today: Daaawwwwww :3:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I cannot believe they named one of these Arkasodara quests "Do It for the Vine"

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Beats Tribe status today: Daaawwwwww :3:

I was gonna ask for hippo minions ASAP, but I just checked that they drop from Vanaspati so good job selling dungeon reruns CB3 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I was gonna ask for hippo minions ASAP, but I just checked that they drop from Vanaspati so good job selling dungeon reruns CB3 :v:

Oh seriously!? I was already grinding that one for the healer set and I had no idea! Never gonna stop till I get that drop now.