Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The cybermodule costs scale with game difficulty, maybe that's it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Well, I'm playing on Normal and they seem kinda steep! I'm sure it's just the early game though. Pretty soon I should be finding a lot more in the wild along with what gets doled out.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Kins posted:

I also recall JSJ posting about telling a certain, unnamed presidential campaign in 2016 to gently caress off when they allegedly offered him big bucks to voice an ad campaign. The only thing consistent here is inconsistency.

In unrelated news, I updated my thing. No new features, just some bug fixes here and there.

:nice:

Also, this looks cool. Or at least it will be if he keeps working on it and makes the torches work again

https://overclock3d.net/news/software/an_amd_engineer_is_giving_return_to_castle_wolfenstein_a_path_tracing_upgrade/1
https://twitter.com/diharaw94/status/1535328754192588801
https://twitter.com/diharaw94/status/1535337697857912838

Convex fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 12, 2022

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Sorry, am I supposed to think those original shots don't look better?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Selaco demo AND new Trepang2 demo tomorrow

gently caress!!!!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mordja posted:

Sorry, am I supposed to think those original shots don't look better?

Yeah, cool work and all but I think it looks better originally too.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1574480/Agent_64_Spies_Never_Die/

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gloomwood trailer was pretty good. Early access August 16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGzx-sElP-I

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 12, 2022

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVhs6wG0dUA

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I understand it caters to a very specific kind of nostalgia but that looks like poo poo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think it looks pretty cool but I just want the real GE remaster. I hope it has online.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

I understand it caters to a very specific kind of nostalgia but that looks like poo poo.

I mean... this forums loves Dusk, and Dusk looks worse.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Turin Turambar posted:

I mean... this forums loves Dusk, and Dusk looks worse.

Some classic fps fans really hate Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. It was the cool thing to hate before Halo.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Perfect Dark mod that adds perfect WASD+mouselook solidified how good of a shooter it is on a fundamental level for me, playing each level with the highest difficulty with the greatest variety of objectives is still a loving blast all these years later

Hoping they don't gently caress the new one up :(

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Played that A64 demo. It stinks, it's one of those games made solely for nostalgia's sake and feels like sludge.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mordja posted:

Played that A64 demo. It stinks, it's one of those games made solely for nostalgia's sake and feels like sludge.

yeah it just feels like very very early G64

\which i mean it is but thats all it is

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Red Faction 2 effing blows

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
A64 feels exactly how it should feel. It's perfect.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kirbysuperstar posted:

i mean it is literally G64 with the numbers barely filed off

from the player hit sound to the fact your melee does the same 2 diagonal chops from G64 to wooden boxes exploding

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah it's great

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Gloomwood trailer was pretty good. Early access August 16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGzx-sElP-I

Ironically removed the gloom from my wood

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Agent 64 seems cool. Just fyi of you're using a controller you have to disable steam input for the demo otherwise the triggers don't work

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

site posted:

Agent 64 seems cool. Just fyi of you're using a controller you have to disable steam input for the demo otherwise the triggers don't work

Thanks. I was wondering what was up with that.

It definitely feels very authentic.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Disposable Scud posted:

Red Faction 2 effing blows

It is seriously so really bad and I am sorry

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Here's a closer look at ULTRAKILL's final base weapon (much to the internet's delight), plus confirmation that we'll be getting two new layers this summer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi112cr4aLU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Agent 64 is more or less spot on except that the explosions happen far too quickly. Which is probably a good change though.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Mordja posted:

kirbysuperstar posted:

Your reaction to the demo is going to depend on exactly what you valued about the Rareware shooters I guess.

Me, it's cute and all but I am never ever going to be able to get behind a game that deliberately kneecaps your ability to move and aim in order to replicate that stop and start, hold R to aim gameplay. It's just, ugh.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Your reaction to the demo is going to depend on exactly what you valued about the Rareware shooters I guess.

Me, it's cute and all but I am never ever going to be able to get behind a game that deliberately kneecaps your ability to move and aim in order to replicate that stop and start, hold R to aim gameplay. It's just, ugh.

Oh, from the trailer I couldn't know it was so... faithful.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

There's like, one part of the demo where you 'have' to use aiming to shoot a padlock and you can still just look up and nail it easy with either gun. Even on Agent 64 difficulty the enemies don't require the fine aim at all and the default control is like PD XBLA (you can of course select the GE/PD 1.1 scheme).

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

I have a mouse. Why is there a coarse/fine aim split to begin with.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Agent 64 demo feels very... broad strokes, I guess. The models and artwork feel reasonably on-par, close enough to the era for rock 'n' roll. The level design feels more linear than the games its paying homage to, and the enemy animations vary from "serviceable" (everything except deaths) to "suuuuucks" (the death animations). I hope that the Early Access period does well enough for the devs that they can afford an old Kinect and a crash mat so they can do some primitive mo-cap. Or, failing that, a pointer towards Mixamo's mocap library.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jun 13, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Well yes it's not a game designed for mouse and keyboard so I can see that being a point of contention

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jun 13, 2022

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
I'm liking what A64 is going for. When you're not in aiming mode you get heavy aim assist, but the bullets are going to hit anywhere on a guard. The gun you pick up off guards is a great match for un-aimed fire since it just craps out bullets and you get 10 back from each guard. If I had the drop on a guard though, aiming with the pistol worked well for headshots. After a while I started getting pretty good with the Viper by quickly switching into aim mode and sweeping a spray on their heads.

I think you can cheese the autoaim by aiming slightly over a guard's head, making the bullets still autoaim but hit higher up on the guards.

I did the middle difficulty and almost had it, but the last civilian I needed got shot in front of me with little telegraphing so that mission failed. Pretty good otherwise!

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Unless it's out in half an hour, that Selaco demo has missed it's due date. My entitlement is unfulfilled.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

nothing complicated, just goldeneye 64 nostalgia.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Serephina posted:

Unless it's out in half an hour, that Selaco demo has missed it's due date. My entitlement is unfulfilled.
Isn't that coming out as part of the Steam Next Fest? I think most Steam events start around 10am Seattle time, and it's currently around 5am there.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Of course the day of the demos is my first day back at the office in over two years... :negative:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Dont be too hard on yourself mate. You worked hard to get that position at the Black Mesa Research Facility

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Serephina posted:

It's out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yup

https://twitter.com/SelacoGame/status/1536380323168243719?s=20&t=EPsRsQLwVqx-AxByl0Ssnw