Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

I hope that whenever there is a new console it's fully BC and just a more powerful Switch or something. We finally got a new Mario Strikers! Don't leave us without these games on new hardware :(

Yes please. My Switch library is pretty large at this point, so it would suck if we have to leave that behind, but this being Nintendo, I fully expect their next console will not be backwards compatible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

Sony is going all in on :gas: games

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

D4 looks sick

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

D4 looks sick

It does, and releasing within the next 12 months is pretty awesome.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nintendo isn’t terrible about BC unless their old console was some weirdo dualscreen thing. I have faith

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Benson Cunningham posted:

I will say, that hot wheels racing game reminded me how cool a modern Jet Moto game would be.

I loving loved Jet Moto and it seems everyone just forgot about it. Wild Ride 4 lyfe

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Also it is very funny that Bethesda has the same face animator from as far back as oblivion. I don’t know if that’s actually true but cmon it has to be

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
New halo game looks fun

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

Also it is very funny that Bethesda has the same face animator from as far back as oblivion. I don’t know if that’s actually true but cmon it has to be

It was pretty funny to see all of the same facial features and hair styles from Fallout 4. All of it is exactly the same but with a new UI.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Can you not fly it on a halo ring as well as earth if not why not?!?

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
There’s a bunch of games on gamepass like Forza or Snowrunner or thehunter or Cities Skylines and alike where the base game is free but there’s a crapload of DLCs. Which is like ok I guess as long as they produce some sort of GOTY version every so often.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Blue Raider posted:

At least the facial models don’t all look like john larroquette anymore

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

univbee posted:

Forza Horizon 5, Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, Halo Infinite and Microsoft Flight Simulator all have a pretty heavy emphasis on online components with most having a microtransaction/gacha component to them.

Horizon 5 trips over itself to give you fee cars? What can you even spend real money on? I played about 50 hours of that game and don’t think I ever once felt like it was asking me to buy anything?

Never played Gears or Sea of Thieves. But FS also has incredibly low monetization where like 99% of people don’t care about flying an add on plane.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I said come in! posted:

Yes please. My Switch library is pretty large at this point, so it would suck if we have to leave that behind, but this being Nintendo, I fully expect their next console will not be backwards compatible.

I'm kinda hoping that now they've become somewhat more serious about their online store that the chances of BC have increased and their hardware gimmick phase is over with having settled on hardware that covers home & portable gaming perfectly. It's their own niche and they could just stick with that but add more power. It's a great system so I hope they stick with the design and keep everything BC.

I said come in! posted:

It does, and releasing within the next 12 months is pretty awesome.

I like the Destiny-style component of it with the open world that has events triggering that other players can join in. Random boss fights etc. look were a great surprise and it was nice to see that familiar chaotic gameplay after how moody and slow the initial gameplay reveal was.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I said come in! posted:

What would you call Nintendo titles?

“Nintendo first-party titles”, which in my experience perform just fine (except for Link’s Awakening). I thought you meant like, Call of Duty or Assassin’s Creed or something. Nobody should expect good performance on a Nintendo console from those.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
tbqh i wouldn't call most nintendo first-party titles "AAA games". i mean poo poo like mario golf and switch sports is fun but they're basically just big minigames. you could more or less replace almost the entirety of nintendo's library with flash games from Miniclip.com and never have to spend a penny

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

shook at how bad Redfall looked.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

runchild posted:

“Nintendo first-party titles”, which in my experience perform just fine (except for Link’s Awakening). I thought you meant like, Call of Duty or Assassin’s Creed or something.

No, even Nintendo's own games have serious problems at times. Kirby the Forgotten Lands was amazing, but its graphic fidelity and performance suffered a lot. 3rd party exclusives like Shin Megami Tensei V ran like absolute dog poo poo.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Left 4 dead lookin rear end

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Especially since it's what they started the show off with.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Idk I think it's reasonable to hope for. Nintendo's track record on BC isn't bad, most of their handhelds and the Wii and WiiU play prior-gen games. They only slipped a little recently with dropping Virtual Console for subscription services. Hopefully nobody expected Switch to have an optical drive for WiiU discs, but Nintendo definitely knows the advantage of launching a new console with BC. And these days Switch 2 would be the odd one out among consoles if it didn't support it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Redfall is basically just a full game centered around a single storyline quest zone from the MMORPG the Secret World.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the dialogue writing is excruciating

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

you shouldnt be, it was always going to be rear end

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

acksplode posted:

Idk I think it's reasonable to hope for. Nintendo's track record on BC isn't bad, most of their handhelds and the Wii and WiiU play prior-gen games. They only slipped a little recently with dropping Virtual Console for subscription services. Hopefully nobody expected Switch to have an optical drive for WiiU discs, but Nintendo definitely knows the advantage of launching a new console with BC. And these days Switch 2 would be the odd one out among consoles if it didn't support it.

The switch has been so successful as a form factor for Nintendo that it's hard for me to see what they do other than just a straight more powerful version next gen. They have like zero competition

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I said come in! posted:

The switch is the first time they ever made a non BC console I want to say no?

Wii played GC games, Wii U played Wii games, 3ds played DS games, DS played GBA games

Switch was a new thing so it’s understandable but if a switch 2 doesn’t play switch 1 games boo

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

barnold posted:

tbqh i wouldn't call most nintendo first-party titles "AAA games". i mean poo poo like mario golf and switch sports is fun but they're basically just big minigames. you could more or less replace almost the entirety of nintendo's library with flash games from Miniclip.com and never have to spend a penny

:dafuq:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The switch has been so successful as a form factor for Nintendo that it's hard for me to see what they do other than just a straight more powerful version next gen. They have like zero competition

Totally agreed. Arguably Steam Deck is competition, but it's targeting a barely overlapping market segment so really it's just validating Nintendo's success.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also love that the hollow knight news was not a release date, but an announcement of more platforms. The monkey paw curls

I might play persona 5 again

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Also love that the hollow knight news was not a release date, but an announcement of more platforms. The monkey paw curls

basically everyone was just begging for a "we're still alive" announcement so it being vaguely within a year is fine for now

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At least it releases sometime within the next 12 months. That's something right????

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Put a browser on Switch so I can use Game Pass on it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

DS played GBA games

i didnt know this

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

the dialogue writing is excruciating

the in game dialogue sounded like the terrible poo poo they had people say on stage at e3 while they played multiplayer games

Forspoken rear end dialogue

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
DSi didn’t, it broke the BC chain they had going on

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Arkane getting to spread their wings and try new things is cool and Microsoft giving all these devs the freedom to make whatever they want is great but I really hope they return to the Dishonored IP sometime.

Also I just noticed that Wo Long game is Team Ninja? Microsoft really has been putting in the work with Japanese devs. Now we just need them to fund a Chromehounds sequel by From Software :swoon:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

mald

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day
starfield looks cool, hope the final game is weirder than the slice they showed

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wo Long looks cool too, loved Nioh 2 hopefully it’s the same team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

starfield looks cool, hope the final game is weirder than the slice they showed

You can see some interesting wild life for a split second at least in the trailer, but yeah I was hoping for way more. In comparison to the Outer Worlds, this just looked really dull.