Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

SUNKOS posted:

We're being spoiled with sci-fi horror games it's great

Blue Raider posted:

I don’t know if scorn is a sci fi game or not, but I do know I don’t want to play that nasty looking poo poo

I hope these two thoughts aren't incompatible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

priznat posted:

Redfall is like yet another left 4 dead clone, looks extremely dull.

I literally thought it was Left 4 Dead dlc when it started because it looked like it had the same hallway as the tutorial of Left 4 Dead that I played to try and get internet points.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ErrEff posted:

Gave me flashbacks to Ubisoft's presentations when they'd have overacted dialogue over co-op gameplay, such as in The Division or Ghost Recon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfj6KwEAfg&t=68s

Severe lack of one player blaring music over their mic for no reason while another is having an argument with their irl partner I can only hear one side of.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I like the Persona games in theory, but god drat they have the pacing of watching a glacier melt in real time. I think the best way to experience persona is probably through the spin off rhythm games tbh

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Professor Beetus posted:

I like the Persona games in theory, but god drat they have the pacing of watching a glacier melt in real time. I think the best way to experience persona is probably through the spin off rhythm games tbh

you just kind of have to accept it's going to monopolize a month of your time

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/lowkeymattyt/status/1536072358812958722?s=20&t=sZ57263suQbHA_q-QuVXug

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Feels Villeneuve posted:

you just kind of have to accept it's going to monopolize a month of your time

I mean it's not just that they're long rear end games, it's that you can play for like 30 hours and you still haven't met half of the characters and are still being slowly introduced to new gameplay concepts. It makes the games feel tedious as hell.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Professor Beetus posted:

I mean it's not just that they're long rear end games, it's that you can play for like 30 hours and you still haven't met half of the characters and are still being slowly introduced to new gameplay concepts. It makes the games feel tedious as hell.

P4 and P5 were kind of like Yakuza where i didnt mind the slow pace because i liked hanging out in the game world. if you aren't like me yeah it's slow as poo poo lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

univbee posted:

"How big is this game?"

(Shows install error on Xbox Series S)

lmao

John F Bennett posted:

The hell are you guys talking about, Starfield sounds absolutely amazing. Sounds exactly like what I wanted!

Yeah i was in the second they showed the ship building and then flying, and then space combat!! They basically made Star Citizen...although they didn't show any rivers
:thunk:

drunkill posted:

I went to the Melbourne event (3am start time) and watched videos playing in VLC with others.

But I got an Xbox beanie and dressing gown, free breakfast and mocktails (made with V)

They gave out a few controllers and codes for the design lab controllers which just launched in Australia the other day so that's pretty for those who won, saves ya $150 Bux.

Larry Hyrb gave away a custom stranger things series s console and pelican case which is neat.

Rather low key event, it's being held at a lab cafe/bar/tavern/eSports centre in the city so everyone is chilling out playing halo and rocket league or boardgames.

No Goldeneye though :(

Xburger

This looks really fun! I'm glad we're past the stripper pole stage of bideo game presentations

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

drunkill posted:

Aren't turn10 also doing the next fable game using the forza engine? If so the environment is going to look great if that motorsport trailer is anything to go by.

Playground who make the Horizon series are making fable. But yes, same engine.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

For the person who was talking Alien Isolation here's the latest alien stuff that's been announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwLyT-GzdJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8GeC8ziZ4M

It's back to the Colonial Marines obsession which I get why people like it but I think an Isolation sequel which takes place on Fury 161 would have been really interesting.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I don't think you can make an Isolation sequel - it is already exactly as long as 'the game where you hide from the alien' can be without outstaying its welcome. I think you can maybe make an Isolation sequel that's more of a slow-paced horror version of Colonial Marines but I don't know who that game is being made for.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John F Bennett posted:

The hell are you guys talking about, Starfield sounds absolutely amazing. Sounds exactly like what I wanted!

I was begging for another AIDS injection from daddy Howard myself.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Alien Isolation was good, but it was about 30% too long. A tighter game with a slightly turned down alien would be perfect.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Khanstant posted:

I wish Gamespass had a filter for companies you boycott or don't wanna see. EA already clogs up the bellyworks with their infinite lovely games, it's almost impressive how many games they produce that I didn't have to hear of before gamespass keeps throwing it at me. Don't wanna see Riot games on there either.
Muh bellyworks.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Alchenar posted:

I don't think you can make an Isolation sequel - it is already exactly as long as 'the game where you hide from the alien' can be without outstaying its welcome. I think you can maybe make an Isolation sequel that's more of a slow-paced horror version of Colonial Marines but I don't know who that game is being made for.

Could bridge the gap between Resurrection maybe? Start on Fury 161 and experiments and some body horror freaky stuff and maybe some kind of outbreak, maybe a trip to the Sulaco that's floating around somewhere and finding out what really happened (Bishop was always sus imo) and I'm sure that there's more they could do as well. It's a different and interesting environment, those WY troops were creepy as heck, a level set on the surface during that storm would be wild and segueing into Resurrection body horror experiment stuff would be interesting, I think. Plus they'd be free to add their own new stuff like they did with Isolation and I definitely have faith in them doing something similarly good again.

I do like the extended Alien 3 cut though so :shobon:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khanstant posted:

I wish Gamespass had a filter for companies you boycott or don't wanna see. EA already clogs up the bellyworks with their infinite lovely games, it's almost impressive how many games they produce that I didn't have to hear of before gamespass keeps throwing it at me. Don't wanna see Riot games on there either.

Oh no there's too many free games I might click on the wrong one lmfao.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

I played through Alien: Isolation once and that was enough. I loved it, it’s a terrifying game but I’m not gonna get as much out of it the second time and I feel the same about a sequel. It’s really hard to capture lightning in a bottle again.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

shook at how bad Redfall looked.

The cringy quips put me off. Even when she was in a gun fight.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just finished watching the archive of the MS show since I wasn't home when it was on live. There were a bunch of games announced but only like 3 that I actually think I'll play: Scorn, Diablo IV and I guess Starfield, though Starfield really isn't looking all that impressive after all this time in development. The shooting does look better than any other Bethesda game, though, and the space combat does look neat.

Also excited to see what that MS x Kojima Productions collab turns out to be in like 2025 at the earliest.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I can see why Starfield got delayed

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ErrEff posted:

Not shown or mentioned:
Avowed
Everwild
Contraband
Fable
Midnight
Hellblade 2
The Outer Worlds 2
State of Decay 3
Perfect Dark (Development troubles mean this probably wasn't ever going to be here)
Indiana Jones (Too soon for any gameplay, but still)
Halo: Infinite (Not even to casually drop "Hey guys, new season started last month")
Something something Gears, Funkopop or otherwise
Uhhhh, GoldenEye?
......Banjo/Conker/Grabbed by the Ghoulies...... yeah, maybe not...

What we got:
Riot Games' library is now on Game Pass, with all sorts of in-game benefits
No Man's Starfield confirmed to have space crabs
Minecraft Legends, the new Minecraft from the makers of Minecraft
Hollow Knight: Silksong isn't dead, out in 2023
Overwatch 2.0 is F2P with a beta later this year, Diablo 4 will have necromancers and it's very grimdark
As Dusk Falls is a 8-player narrative multiplayer experience, apparently
Oh poo poo, Redfall! 4-player live-service vampire slaying in a coastal town
Nioh 3 Wo Long is Team Ninja's next thing
Elder Scrolls Online and Fallout 76 still exist
Grounded is finally (kinda) out
Obsidian's new 2D narrative adventure game, Pentiment
Sea of Thieves Season Seven (30 million players, says Microsoft)
Scorn, the game filled with grotesque and bizarre sexual imagery (for story reasons), finally out soon after 8 years - but will anyone want to play it?
Persona comes to Xbox, beginning with Persona 5 Royal later this year
The newest entry in the Forza Motorsport series has cars
Forza Horizon now has Hot Wheels, again
Pretend you're playing Halo in Microsoft Flight Simulator
ARA: History Untold is a new grand strategy game from the makers of Ashes of the Singularity
Secret Hideo Kojima Azure project teased, "The game I always wanted to make", that's all you'll hear until next year
Other smaller reveals like Flintlock, Ereban, Ravenlok, Cocoon, Benedict Fox, which all look neat

Did I miss anything?

Thanks for this, show was at 3am down under so I just woke up. Sounds a bit disappointing?

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 12, 2022

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Thanks for this, show was at 3am down under so I just woke up. Sounds a bit disappointing? I'm tired of not being surprised by disappointment.

I thought it was pretty good. I'll play most of the games shown.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thanks for this, show was at 3am down under so I just woke up. Sounds a bit disappointing?

Yeah pretty much, the premier first gameplay footage of Starfield was very underwhelming. It looks like it's going to mainly be a game about exploration and crafting/survival, rather than having a rich story and lore setting like other Bethesda games.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Just a bunch of cope from the regular haters. Next 12 months is absolutely stacked and I don't have to spend a single cent (excluding the hot wheels dlc)

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Hyped for Starfield. Fallout meets No Man's Sky with a dash of Mass Effect? I'm in.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Space Racist posted:

Hyped for Starfield. Fallout meets No Man's Sky with a dash of Mass Effect? I'm in.

Wrex.
Wastelander.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Oh no there's too many free games I might click on the wrong one lmfao.

lol free when you pay for the service and if you want i can drag my dumpster in front of your house since you love sifting through free garbage i guess

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Nah, it was good.

e: i'm about to do the 3 years game pass thing, do i need to not be subscribed for that to work, i need to do some more reading

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khanstant posted:

lol free when you pay for the service and if you want i can drag my dumpster in front of your house since you love sifting through free garbage i guess

Spoken like a soyny. Stay coping my bitch.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmb2FJGvnAw

Watching this again and if I get into it, it looks like the type of game I could see myself getting lost in and playing for a hundred hours or more. Of course, if I'm not into it, I'll probably drop it quickly.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Spoken like a soyny. Stay coping my bitch.

what

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Game Piss stays mediocre

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Gape rear end.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just watched the Starfield stuff. As someone who didn't like No Man's Sky at all that was a rough start, but it got more interesting towards the end. Was hoping for something closer to Mass Effect with a really good story but that is looking less likely. Glad I don't have to pay full price to try it.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I’ll play starfield and probably like it and feel somewhat underwhelmed by it after I’m done because unfortunately there can only be one Morrowind

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

JBP posted:

Game Piss stays mediocre

I'm playing different stuff all the time. Just installed the Myst remake.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Just watched the Starfield stuff. As someone who didn't like No Man's Sky at all that was a rough start, but it got more interesting towards the end. Was hoping for something closer to Mass Effect with a really good story but that is looking less likely. Glad I don't have to pay full price to try it.

It's a full price 3 and a game pass 7

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Honestly the thing I like the most is the old 360 poo poo I got Lost Odyssey cued up to play when I'm done with ff7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I wonder if the actiblizz deal is done by the time diablo4 ships so it is game pass day 1.

Also mw2 will be too early but I hope you get some sweet perks for unlock stuff when the deal closes!