Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

yung lambic posted:

How does Strikers perform on Switch? Weighing up whether to get it on PS4 or Switch - and would rather have it portable, and prefer to collect Switch cartridges because nostalgia.

It performed fine to me on the Switch though the loading times between areas can be pretty long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I bought 25th anniversary Persona mouthwash today so that was pretty cool.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

RillAkBea posted:

I bought 25th anniversary Persona mouthwash today so that was pretty cool.

Did it make your breath smell like you're ready to fight God?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

HaB posted:

Did it make your breath smell like you're ready to fight God?

I got the P5 bottle so it just scares gym teachers.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eyZvJAQWBA

this is gonna be nothing, right

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Considering that it's branding itself as "Merchandise and Event News," I would expect nothing, yes.

Maybe a livestream announcement for the concert in October where they might actually announce something worth caring about.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I’m not expecting anything of substance to be announced until October at the earliest.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist posted:

Maybe a livestream announcement for the concert in October where they might actually announce something worth caring about.

This was the first thing they confirmed in the video, at least.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol that was even less than I was expecting

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
I understand what they were doing but they did go and call their concert Super Live Pee Sound

400 dollars for the vinyl set is a crime but it might be one I commit

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Persona 6 leaks

- Protagonist default persona will be Mara
- Coming to X Box Series X only
- The story and aesthetics will be based on a Wikipedia summary of Tolstoy's War and Peace
- New combat system based on the hit Persona Q series
- In response to fan requests, all arcana partners will be romanceable
- All female supporting cast

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

P3P, P4G, and P5R are coming to Game Pass. Royal this year, and the other two next year

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1536047828279119873

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

I was hoping for a remake of Persona 3 so we can get the QoL of P3P with 3D models and FES DLC, but I will take the QoL version.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sick

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Here is the official twitter post now: https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1536049939918331905

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm not a big fan of P3 by any means but they should have just put that one out first IMO, a version of P3P with non-terrible resolution is the only one there I care about (okay, P5R with mods is a little tempting)

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

they really do hate the switch

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Flair posted:

I was hoping for a remake of Persona 3 so we can get the QoL of P3P with 3D models and FES DLC, but I will take the QoL version.

The Answer is not good, I don't think people are going to miss it. Not having Cutscenes and the Menu Navigation is going to turn off so many people who would've given it a shot.

You'd think they'd change the title too since it will only be as portable as your system.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Finally. I only assume our constant badgering and harassment payed off. Manifesting a reality where p5r is on PC.

This is truly mankind's desire. To be told to go to bed by a cat.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

Finally. I only assume our constant badgering and harassment payed off. Manifesting a reality where p5r is on PC.

tbf I heard Mona got better in P5:R and I'm hyped so I can finally complete the full game now.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Alder posted:

tbf I heard Mona got better in P5:R and I'm hyped so I can finally complete the full game now.

Being able to do the in-cafe activities like studying or making coffee after doing a dungeon day is so nice

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Well then.

I do hope there won't be any shennanigans around P5R getting released on Steam though because Atlus posted their own reveal trailer and the Steam logo was somewhat conspicuous by its absence. MS and Atlus don't really have a track record of pulling this sort of thing so far but who knows. Kinda have a feeling this will be a timed gamepass exclusive or something else stupid like that.

Then again I've already completed P5R and it's not exactly the most replayable game in the world so whatever.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Never got the chance to play Royal, so I'm looking forward to this.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

HootTheOwl posted:

I would unironically love that. My cat now mainly tells me to get up at 3

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Alder posted:

P5R improved a lot - Mona, Akechi, and Mementos being the big three. And it's a much more streamlined and better game overall. Enjoy!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/dastanovich_/status/1536049848822251520

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:smith: whyyyyyy.....

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

Mix. posted:

:smith: whyyyyyy.....

Rumor is they lost the source code for the PS2 original.

Don't blame me: I told Atlus flat out in their survey (over and over and over and over in the questions) to port FES and Royale to Steam. So I got one of them for us.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The portraits look fine, so whatever. Porting FES instead of Portable would have sucked anyway.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I'd have vastly preferred FES with some of the QoL features of P3P, over just P3P. Mainly because I miss the cutscenes, and don't really like FeMC all that much.

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I'd have vastly preferred FES with some of the QoL features of P3P, over just P3P. Mainly because I miss the cutscenes, and don't really like FeMC all that much.

It's baffling they don't just pay whoever did the mod for party control and then slap the Female model/social links in to FES and call it a day. But I guess losing the source code (if right) would make that impossible.

At this point I just want someone to somehow mod "the Answer" in, since (besides the other downgrades, obviously) that is the major missing thing going from FES to Portable.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I might get P3P PC at least in part to nudge Atlus into porting more games, mainly the 3DS library.

Everybody always says it's so hard because dual screens but there are multiple DS games on Steam like the remakes of FF3 and 4. It's clearly doable.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Assume that any Japanese game from the PS2 era or before had their source code destroyed (or at best, printed out on paper and then destroyed.)

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

That's some real monkey paw wish stuff right there.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

...it looks fine though?

Like, not really seeing what I'm supposed to be pissed about here. Still looking forward to playing it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

P4G’s portraits were AI upscaled too and those look gorgeous, what is the problem?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's autotune, for pictures!

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

...it looks fine though?

Like, not really seeing what I'm supposed to be pissed about here. Still looking forward to playing it.

The problem is it's working off PSP resolution images so there's very little to work with. For the broad strokes like the classroom background it's basically fine. It starts to run into problems though on things that have very few pixels to work off.

The biggest red flag of those shots is the benches at the mall where the AI couldn't quite work out what was bench and what was shadowing so they look a bit melty. Similarly, the bicycle in front of the police box is sort of phasing out of existence because there weren't enough pixels for the AI to work out what it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Lol it's upscaled P3P? It does have the better content but looks like absolute garbage, I would've thought they'd at least give FES the Nocturne treatment.