Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Thanks for posting ranking of kings! Kind of a downer ending but it was fun and cute while it lasted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's time for some fuckin comics!!!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman

While we're on the topic of Fast Zombies, there was actually something I felt was missing from Half-Life 2, namely, a fast enemy who retreated. The Fast Zombies are certainly fast, and scary as hell, but some of the best battles in the original Half-Life & Opposing Force were with those slippery Black Ops assassins. They were lightning fast, plus they'd fall back. You'd hear their quick footsteps, then hear that little 'thup thup thup' as they pumped a few rounds into you, and then, if you were quick, you'd catch a glimpse of them as they rounded a corner about thirty feet away. Those were some fun skirmishes, and I think HL2 could have used a nice, quick, stealthy enemy who took evasive action. The Fast Zombies are great, and when you take one out it's definitely a relief, but it's nothing near the incredible satisfaction of finally drawing a bead on one of those Black Ops ninja chicks.

In "Raising the Bar", there is some neat concept art of an assassin-type of Combine designed for HL2, and it's just too bad it didn't make it into the game.

Man. I hate when games make you stand your ground. Fleeing, I'm good with. Charging, no problem. Hiding? Count me in. But when a game is, like, "Defend this position until help arrives!" you just know it's gonna be rough.

Been playing some Call of Duty 2 lately, and they even give you a nice countdown clock showing you how long you have until reinforcements arrive. Thanks! As the time ticks down and I panic more and more (mainly at the thought of failing at the last second and having to go through it again), it's nice to have a giant ticking clock reminding me of how close I'll get before I blow it.

No clocks in HL2, but you do get to watch the cart ever-so-slowly grind its way over to you between frantically scraping fast zombies off the pipes with your shotgun. Seriously, Grigori, you couldn't have had the cart ready? Dickweed.

So, I load up the map and I do the posing and I do the picture taking and I quit the game and I load up Photoshop and I crop the panels and I resize the panels and I adjust the levels and I type the text and I do the word bubbles and I number the comic and I save the comic and only then do I notice that it looks like Frohman has a tiny cross growing out of his head.

It's a telephone pole in the background. I'm not trying to suggest Frohman is Christ. Honest!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

lmao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I enjoyed those too but I'm too afraid to quote any Whomp comics at this point

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

readingatwork posted:

Ranking of Kings

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's some more Branson Reese Comics to end the weekend in fine style

I was like "I want to read those daily comics my man Branson did" and as I was reading them I was like "these fuckin rule. I should post them." and here we are

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

That year Branson did a comic a day was an ok year. If you don’t own Hell Was Full, you should.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Lies, Sisters and Wives

Page 16

Lies: 18 (+1; Jim claims Fredrik has a fetish)
Sisters: 0
Wives: 3
Deaths: 0
Coworkers: 2 (+1)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

This might be my favorite batch in a while :discourse:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I love how Jim has absolutely no poker face. It could theoretically feel condescending -- the comic is 'helping' you track the plot by displaying his true reactions as clearly as possible. But even that artificial-feeling side of it, fits in tonally with the rest of what's happening and becomes an additional source of comedy. It feels right, in a world where someone will always walk through the door with the perfect timing to force Jim to stack new lies in a wobbly jenga tower. Of course everyone will believe what Jim says as long as he can come up with an explanation that technically fits what they know, and of course he'll smile giddily whenever he pulls it off. All in service of seeing how convoluted this can get as quickly as possible.

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 10:45 on Jun 12, 2022

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I like how Jim somehow manages to make everyone else to seem awful person.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
Thorsby gave a DALL-E generated comic a shot over on Twitter. Here's a link to the tweet because embedding it just spoils the punchline!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Should hold out for a chocolate cake.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

readingatwork posted:

Ranking of Kings

Domas: "Nah"

Chapter 25

gently caress you Domas.

hate it when that happens

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Graveyard Quest
Part 1.3

SABERinBLUE
Jun 27, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

Hey, thanks for posting this comic! I always just vaguely followed your posts and saw some cool pokedemon-designs. But yesterday I decided to go through your posts from start to finish and actually went over to the site and read the rest afterwards.
This fictionalized Nuzeloke run has a genuinely good story, enjoyable characters and great art. I am honestly impressed by that.
But that ending was a bit disappointing.

Haha well, I am planning to post the outline of where the story was going to go once Kenny’s finished posting the pages I actually did. And thank you for the kind words!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

World Famous W posted:

Graveyard Quest
Part 1.3

kc green, this is a lot

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

prestige television

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto Part 3: Silver Bullet
Chapter 33: Submission

Crisis averted, Apocalypse Johto is gay again

Also, two bonus things here, one of which I found while looking for the other! The Nurse Joy and janitor in these pages are cameos/references to a short AJ fanfic someone else wrote that Saber declared actually canon. It can be found here. And while looking for it (having to go to deviantArt again to do so, a site that I swore off when the site redesign hosed everything up), I also found Saber's updated list of Nuzlocke rules for AJ:

code:
Rule #1: If a Pokemon faints, it is dead.
Rule #2: Only attempt to catch the first Pokemon you see in each area
#2a: Dupe clause (double-edged: may not catch dupes)
#2b: Baby clause (only first form pokemon count as a sighting; pokemon who gained an earlier form in later gens still count as first form; Marill and Azurill are catchable, Azumarill is not.)
#2c: Shiny clause
#2d: Spearow clause (Spearows do not count as a sighting and may not be caught. They must be killed. All of them.)
#2e: Gift pokemon are free catches; they do not count against the catch for the area.
#2f: The Johto Safari Zone may be entered three times: once to catch a Sandshrew for Baoba and twice more after unlocking all of the areas and objects. The Sandshrew may not be used in combat. One all three visits one pokemon may be caught (Sandshrew doesn't count) and it need not be the first one seen. 
Rule #3: Fly may be pokesav'd on to pokemon who cannot normally learn it, as it is only used for comic-making purposes.
Rule #5: If TRUMP CARD the Lugia faints in the game, Candace dies in the comic.
Rule #6: Trading is allowed for evolution purposes only.
Apparently, there is no rule #4.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

roughly how much more apocalypse johto is there?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

There's about 200 more pages to go.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ugh, ok. thanks

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Wait WHAT seriously? That seemed like THE ending just now

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lol that dog in the first panel. These are pretty good!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

hate it when that happens

#relatable

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Wait WHAT seriously? That seemed like THE ending just now

Second generation Pokemon takes a bonus tour round Kanto after defeating the Pokemon league.

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 21:12 on Jun 12, 2022

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

KennyMan666 posted:

There's about 200 more pages to go.

Hopefully not a joke? Still enjoying it here.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Lol that dog in the first panel. These are pretty good!

I love the way he draws dogs, it captures the absolute wide-eyed madness at the heart of every canine

On that note, here's some more Branson Reese Comics

beaviss
Dec 20, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Thorsby get the gently caress out of town, this is how you write an identity farce

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ten Earth Shattering Blows

behold the formidable fighting style of the wacky waving inflatable tube clan

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Nose guy is so unimpressed with the little wacky arm flailing knife in that last panel.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Getting very excited that 10ESB is getting to the point where I stopped reading to wait for more updates.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

some plague rats posted:

Thorsby get the gently caress out of town, this is how you write an identity farce

There are very few things I want more than a Thorsby/Powerup collaboration (unwinder, are you reading this?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I'm never gonna tell Ronnie how to do his job, but big missed opportunity to not have the straw break the panels between 4 and 5 there.