Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

OW2 IS FREE TO PLAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

JUNKER QUEEN NEW HERO

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

OCT 4 EARLY ACCESS

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

This info came from Xbox Games Showcase

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB8BTbExm8g

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Lol, while I looked for the solovideos for it, you quadposted. :nice:

Hypelevel Maximum!

Edit: While posting, you pentaed it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Junkerqueen is a tank :allears:

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1536038748340768768

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Junker Queen revealed outright as a tank, looks like there's also a tease of the Kitsune hero (probably support?)

I'm hoping they have one or two more supports and tanks on launch too

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I have missed this game so much. Anything new will have me playing at this point.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Hey, you know what else is free to play?
Diablo Immortal.

:laugh:

I'm bracing myself.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Can't hear you over the Junker Queen video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVJ64-qy5p4

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

A mobile game vs something we've played already? Hummm

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://twitter.com/Metro_OW/status/1536043828607602688

fox hero speed bosts?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

No mention of PvE, huh? :geno:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Honestly, that seems like a smart move at this point with how muddled the marketing is. Keep any mention of PvE on ice so you can focus the PR push on the multiplayer update being free -- so you can draw people back out of curiosity who might be dissuaded by the idea of paying for Overwatch 2 and wouldn't care enough to investigate the way that they are splitting up the content.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Father Wendigo posted:

No mention of PvE, huh? :geno:

Junker Queen trailer looks a lot like PvE...

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

LET'S GOOOOO

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
F2P? I guess I can come back after like 2 years . I stopped playing right before Bridgette dropped.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 12, 2022

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
was the kitsune hero leaked somewhere previously, because every mention of them i see now specifically calls them "her" and that seems weird when all we've seen is 2 seconds of a fox running unless there was a prior leak that was like "alpha has a fox girl in it"

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Countblanc posted:

was the kitsune hero leaked somewhere previously, because every mention of them i see now specifically calls them "her" and that seems weird when all we've seen is 2 seconds of a fox running unless there was a prior leak that was like "alpha has a fox girl in it"

yeah some references on the new deathmatch map. This has a good overview. She's related (by blood or circumstance) to the Shimadas somehow:

https://dotesports.com/overwatch/news/who-is-the-fox-hero-teased-in-the-overwatch-2-trailer

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
oh cool, thank you

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Makes me wonder what they’re gonna reveal on the 16th

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

More junker queen info prolly? Maybe the kitsune hero reveal too?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

teagone posted:

More junker queen info prolly? Maybe the kitsune hero reveal too?

It's this I think. maybe more info about PVE

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
my guess is:

1) date for next beta [presumably july]
2) junker queen and kitsune reveal as i imagine both will be in the next beta
3) comment on supports going into beta 2 (either a general change or explanation why there isn't one)
4) a dps hero rework

i would be shocked if PvE is mentioned at all, even in a "we're working on it" way.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Is it Overwatch 2 because the old code is held together by bubblegum and dreams. Or Overwatch 2 for marketing reasons.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

They're probably gonna talk about OW2's new F2P payment/content model as well. Probably a battlepass or something

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

SirKibbles posted:

Is it Overwatch 2 because the old code is held together by bubblegum and dreams. Or Overwatch 2 for marketing reasons.

Overwatch 2 because it's been 6 years since the first game came out!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

o boy its mad maggie

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
In the beginning it was OW2 because it was adding a weighty PvE campaign and intended to sell itself as a retail sequel for the PvE modes while just being OW1+ for the PvP, to the point where OW1 and OW2 were originally planned to share competitive matchmaking.

Then both ABK and Overwatch spent the last three years at the head of an absolute shitshow- falling way behind on development as they've struggled to keep up with their output across all the ongoing Blizzard titles (which is why they've gone radar silent on PvE since it's likely way behind schedule), the game state of OW1 going into nightmare mode for like two years as the meta just turned into some of the most hated the game had ever seen (Which is why OW2 is making massive changes to PvP from OW1 now), the OWL becoming an openly-discussed joke that's on very obvious life support to make it to OW2's release (likewise), and of course all the bad poo poo that went down on the company side of things (which is why they're desperate to get their foot in the door and just give OW2 away for free since apparently ABK's game sales have been very visibly damaged by all this asshattery- see the latest Call of Duty and D2R both underperforming heavily compared to expectations)

They want OW2 out NOW while people still care, in as many hands as possible to try and bribe some goodwill back from the gaming public by releasing a high-profile game everyone is playing, and have seemingly changed everything from their initially-discussed plans to make it happen at this point. If I had to guess, OW2 is on a THIS YEAR OR BUST schedule, but it's shedding a lot of weight to make it happen.

Mr. Locke fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 13, 2022

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Wow, I get to dress as a clown.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Tankbuster posted:

Wow, I get to dress as a clown.

Turn on your monitor

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Funny moment from a match I played last night where I kept my bastion alive while 4 of the enemy team members tried to kill him lmao:

https://giant.gfycat.com/NegativeNaiveGoldeneye.mp4

Another angle and in slow motion here, it's really funny: https://streamable.com/4uggxq

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

Father Wendigo posted:

Battleborn was released a year before Fortnite showed what a F2P economy could pull, got upstaged by Overwatch and had Randy Pitchford trying to sell it.

Randy was very adamant about not letting the game go to or relaunching as a F2P game and opted to let the game disappear from existence, and the industry considered it a dead end. Then Fortnite showed up and upended the industry.

Overwatch isn't a MOBA though right? Shouldn't a MOBA have lanes and creeps etc?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

celewign posted:

Overwatch isn't a MOBA though right? Shouldn't a MOBA have lanes and creeps etc?

the hero/ability design is basically lifted straight out of MOBAs, the actual gameplay ofc is mostly fps elements and bizarrely the engine still retains a bunch of the original mmorpg dna from its origin.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

celewign posted:

I wonder if the Push maps could be modded for spawning creeps that go forwards from left, mid and right parts of the map?
Toronto would probably be best balanced for this. Colosseum is bit too asymmetrical on left/right axis.
Mobawatch could be an interesting game mode.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

celewign posted:

Technically no but kinda yes, while Battleborn most certainly did.

adhuin posted:

I wonder if the Push maps could be modded for spawning creeps that go forwards from left, mid and right parts of the map?
Toronto would probably be best balanced for this. Colosseum is bit too asymmetrical on left/right axis.
Mobawatch could be an interesting game mode.
Ooh, then we could have a whole new avenue of toxicity, who gets to kill which creeps for Ult charge! I can almost hear the 5-way argument over kill stealing the little chicken bots.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://mobile.twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1536755605238697984

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dhJNa_g9Ys

OW2 Reveal Event is starting in 1 hour.:f5:

They're currently showing game on the new brazilian map, before the event.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I hate the head on camera angles they keep doing. The one guy ends up looking like he's just acting