Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Ugh. 1100 streak, well over a thousand nets and a couple thousand mealworms in Lame Tempest and no Runestone. This is maddening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Saxophone posted:

Ugh. 1100 streak, well over a thousand nets and a couple thousand mealworms in Lame Tempest and no Runestone. This is maddening.

I think it took me nearly 70 large nets to get the Lake Tempest runestone. Good luck...

As a corn update, I'm up to 4,300 corn now with no rune. Someday...

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
There seriously needs to be some sort of bad luck protection for this, especially when it gates off so much content.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

There is for the hops and corn runes, but not the eggplant one.
1-10 are easily obtainable through the wishing well, though.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
loving geckos again :negative:

This tower will be the death of me.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I have ascended. I have escaped corn jail. Both rune and silo.

100 gold fliers for the new fishing zone.
:sickos:

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 13, 2022

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
I did it! Corn rune at 4,600 corn!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Holy hell, Steak is 27k today. Time to stock up!

Edit: Also finished the corn questline. Woo!

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jun 13, 2022

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

FreshFeesh posted:

Holy hell, Steak is 27k today. Time to stock up!

Edit: Also finished the corn questline. Woo!

I so desperately wish I could buy more than just the 700 steaks I can get, this price is bananas.

Unfortunately for me, I'm still deep in corn jail, to the point where I've had nothing to do but craft stuff so my crafting is level 90 while everything else is 75, 60, and 70 lol

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I hit fishing 99 while my exploring and farming were in the low 80s. Exploring just takes way longer than anything else.
You can speed it up by voiding things in WC but I feel that's a waste when you can work on masteries on the way and make tons of silver from crossbows.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Fishing for me lagged behind everything else until I was able to make large fishing nets. Now it's in second behind crafting and if I keep on focusing on LI fishing for cash, it'll easily overtake crafting for the lead. exploring sadly lags behind as I am only now starting to work on the WC questline.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I started 2 days ago and this game is scratching an itch, fun, and infuriating at the same time. I’m working on my sawmill but I’ve got paralysis on selling anything to try to make silver except my crafted wooden shields which isn’t much at a time. What can you sell in early game? All your fish and crops? They seem decent. I’ve done 100+ helps so far but there are just so many. I’m 37/40/28/45

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I think the high count gold fish requirement quests are what finally pushes me off this game.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Same.

Was almost done with it but opted to use 3x100 of them on unlocking Pirate Cove instead.
I konda regret that as its just a tiny bit more silver per net over Large Island, while i could have had unlocked the tower by now (i have all the items needed to do the quests after the gold fish)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Pump up Mealworms to at least 200/hour, ask for more in Giveaways, they are certainly annoying but there are steps to help speed it up. Capybara Level 6 also helps, but whether you have that before getting through that step in A Towering Investment is uncertain.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Koryk posted:

I think the high count gold fish requirement quests are what finally pushes me off this game.

If I could have them add one thing to the game it would be a pet that gives gold fish other than capybara. Make it a seal who gives different gold fish per tier. T1 could be Trout, Drum, Goldgill, Flier. T2 could be bass, catfish, ray, jack. T3 could be fin, coral, grab bag 7, and something else. Make the pet purchasable at like 75-90 fishing.

Grinding 99 farming and exploring for capybara is just unreasonable for anyone newer who needs gold fish especially with the new zone being added.

Gold Fliers are just absolutely awful in general too. There are so many items at Lake Tempest and they have such a terrible rate. 1/100 is way too rare for them.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

That’s what the penguin pet always should have been.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Lawlicaust posted:

If I could have them add one thing to the game it would be a pet that gives gold fish other than capybara. Make it a seal who gives different gold fish per tier. T1 could be Trout, Drum, Goldgill, Flier. T2 could be bass, catfish, ray, jack. T3 could be fin, coral, grab bag 7, and something else. Make the pet purchasable at like 75-90 fishing.

Grinding 99 farming and exploring for capybara is just unreasonable for anyone newer who needs gold fish especially with the new zone being added.

Gold Fliers are just absolutely awful in general too. There are so many items at Lake Tempest and they have such a terrible rate. 1/100 is way too rare for them.

yeah I hit a 10000 fishing streak in lake tempest and now just dumping mealworms in. and still have 100 gold fliers to go, just the worst.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I have 1600 mealworms per hour (i thought it was per day)

The mealworm generation isnt the problem, the twitch gameplay is.

My gold fish is almost exclusively from capybara. I have opened 400 grab bag 7 so far, with another 100 tomorrow (opening them in sets of 100)

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Personal Help requests just went live for beta and they are random but some are pretty good. I'm definitely going to save pretty much everything that isn't a money maker now looking at some of them. Here are the ones I got today:

This one would have changed the order in which I leveled pets.

Lot of carrots but probably worth it for the cider and cheese.

This is probably the only "bad" one. Extra antlers aren't really a thing I'll ever have lying around and that's basically a large net of antlers so it's close to break even.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 13, 2022

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Looks like it has the potential to kill off of Giveaways chat by making a sink for large quantities of rare but otherwise useless items, like the exchange center did for spiders/snails/bird eggs, etc

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Gold Leaf/Gold Feather jail :negative:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

oldskool posted:

Gold Leaf/Gold Feather jail :negative:

Farm that Forest, stock up on Fishing Nets for when you finally unlock the Large Island!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Also there's no better time to start a pig farm and toss 9 bacon in the well every day

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

When does the steak market update? I've only been able to buy 93 with my meager savings at the $27k price.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

At server reset

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

When does the steak market update? I've only been able to buy 93 with my meager savings at the $27k price.

Steaks reset 1/day at midnight server time. Steak Kabobs reset 24/day on the hour.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I got five apples on credit through chat and that let me finish a quest for 500,000 silver so now I own 112 steaks worth just over 3 million silver.

Tomorrow will be cool.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Today's Community Centre is already fulfilled, you can get 10 steaks for a single trout, and you can float the steaks outside your inventory for a week by not collecting the reward.

Also don't forget to fill your storehouse too.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Just started playing as Omnipresent AI Goddess.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Cucumbers for a rune?’ Really?!

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
You can also dump some steak in your storehouse if you have the money to buy more. It’s not much but every silver helps.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Personal Help Requests:
2 were real easy, a couple of rings, common fish, some slime stone,some emberstone, just basic stuff.

1 is a real bitch with 250 strange letters required, not sure if I will finish that any time soon.

Buddy.farm for strange letter

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I have finished Corn Quandary XXXI.

Phew.

Now I have no idea what to do with my farm field.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

mushroom paste forever

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
I unlocked Lake Minerva and I'm making my way through the new main quests it opened up.

I'm surprisingly stuck a bit on needing 3 wine since I used all my grapes for the day to make grape juice.

I got the hops rune in less than a day.

Edit: Using my first billion on the storehouse is the best use, right?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Vasler posted:

Edit: Using my first billion on the storehouse is the best use, right?

Yea

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Out of corn jail, into hops jail. I doubt this will last anywhere near as long, however.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I feel like I totally lost the personal request lottery:

Old Boot is something I don't get a lot, 165 of the 185 I have were gifted to me after I complained about the quest in help channel.

Yeah I am not gonna give you Seaweed, ATI requires way to much of that.

25 Spectacles that is between 15k and 20k stamina in Small Spring. No thanks?

Maybe I don't understand this game enough but all my three deals seem horrible. Maybe they're good for people with Tower 50 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Those are pretty awful for the money and rewards.