Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
hodl hodl lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

this is like an anti clicker game, I love it. number always go down.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I forgotten that krakken is also another dumb name they used for some reason. is it because of the pirates movie where its a summonable/controllable super weapon sort of? (also do they ignore that the very nexy movie shows it died in an off screen.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Didn't people say Michael Saylor will have to liquidate around here? Or 22k or something.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Didn't people say Michael Saylor will have to liquidate around here? Or 22k or something.

No liquidate.

Only HODL.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

PhazonLink posted:

I forgotten that krakken is also another dumb name they used for some reason. is it because of the pirates movie where its a summonable/controllable super weapon sort of? (also do they ignore that the very nexy movie shows it died in an off screen.

Its because it has 3 ks

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

PhazonLink posted:

I remember something about a “bear whale” where a ton of coiners threw money at someone cashing out to keep the price from going down?

drk
Jan 16, 2005

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I think its a little lower (google says $21k), but he's doing very very poorly: https://saylortracker.com/

Down about $600M

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Woo boy they sure don't want it going under 25000.

I remember there seemed to be a lot of what looked like artificial activity to keep it from staying below a $28k floor. If it's gone down from there then maybe *Ron Paul "It's Happening" GIF goes here*

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
asscoin

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

do not like your new av Vince

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

do not like your new av Vince

I don't either

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Million Dollar Man laugh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bitcoin: we love the community. P.S. money gone

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

But it’s decentralised?? How could this happen?

Someone needs to pay for this. I hope the authorities I derided as irrelevant when number was going up will step in to do something.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
https://twitter.com/adamultraberg/status/1536231254479187969?s=21&t=rJ9j5VM27C__5JcrG7HNnw

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I remember there seemed to be a lot of what looked like artificial activity to keep it from staying below a $28k floor. If it's gone down from there then maybe *Ron Paul "It's Happening" GIF goes here*

Somewhere around 21-23k really seems like where you could see capitulation since that's around where it was at the end of 2020 when things really went crazy.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
It nearly hit 25k an hour ago before a bunch of buying activity drove it back up. Getting pretty interesting in here!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
This is good for bitcoin.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong

1 asscoin. worth 100 asspennies

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1536194816651976704

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Any particular reason why Celsius is tanking right now? Aftershock of the Luna disaster?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rinkles posted:

Any particular reason why Celsius is tanking right now? Aftershock of the Luna disaster?

it's a cryptocurrency, it's designed to crash at some point

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Why does any Ponzi collapse?

When markets are on the up and up people have no reason to doubt or investigate the liquidity or legitimacy of a project, in fact it’s counter productive to the rising value and your potential return if you get involved TO be suspicious. No one stops to consider how something can pay double digit returns when their regular old savings accounts pay a fraction of one percent. “It’s crypto! It’s new”.

When markets are down, and the outlook is grim, people start questioning how these things can viably pay out the sort of returns they always promised. They dig into the fundamentals, etc. Alongside this there are natural greater outflows of cash from the project, because people need real money to live.

People perceive a bank run, which then becomes a bank run, and the rest is basically history.

These things only last for as long as people believe they are legitimate. In a bull market people (retail) do next to no due diligence and FOMO in while the getting is good. In a bear market everything has to be evaluated carefully.

The whole LUNA thing has probably made people wary too. That lasted several months, printing money, until it suddenly didn’t. This is the same but wearing slightly different clothes.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

lmao

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Durzel posted:

The whole LUNA thing has probably made people wary too. That lasted several months, printing money, until it suddenly didn’t. This is the same but wearing slightly different clothes.

Except, ulitmately, when it comes to crypto it's an "emperor's new clothes" situation.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

perhaps even lmfao

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Micheal Saylor 4 days ago

quote:

Instead of going away or dumping to zero, BTC will shoot up to $1 million

also

quote:

“It’s obviously better than gold and everything that gold wants to be,”

LOL.

Also BTC is now over 9000 under 25k

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
who's this Michael Saylor dude anyway, besides someone about to lose their shirt, shoes, socks, and underpants?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Standard issue psychopath billionaire, who's gone heavily into crypto.

This

quote:

#Bitcoin is a swarm of cyber hornets serving the goddess of wisdom, feeding on the fire of truth, exponentially growing ever smarter, faster, and stronger behind a wall of encrypted energy.

is the pinned tweet on his Twitter :psyduck:

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 13, 2022

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I think watching Luna blow up in real-time was more interesting but I'm enjoying this crash below 25000

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

I'm not sure I understand what I'm looking at? Unfulfilled orders by volume and prices at close?

If that is what it is, it looks like there are fewer than 30 distinct trades up; a good sign of a healthy market. If that's what it is.

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jun 13, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ha and ha ha

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

would a buttcoin tcg be even more broken then the early sets of the pokemon tcg?

Wasn't there a deck with mewtwo and 99 energies where you could just keep mulliganning yoyr first hand until you got turn 1 mewtwo and all the energy he needed to win?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

MarcusSA posted:

Ha and ha ha

brb gotta take out a loan to buy the dip

orange sky
May 7, 2007

IPCRESS posted:

I'm not sure I understand what I'm looking at? Unfulfilled orders by volume and prices at close?

If that is what it is, it looks like there are fewer than 30 distinct trades up; a good sign of a healthy market. If that's what it is.

ignore the graph it's just the price of it.

futher lmaos to be had it's at 24k now

I'm almost there

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Any live streams of this going on? For, uh, educational purposes

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

who's this Michael Saylor dude anyway, besides someone about to lose their shirt, shoes, socks, and underpants?

On March 20, 2000, after a review of its accounting practices, the company announced that it would restate its financial results for the preceding two years.[12] Its stock price, which had risen from $7 per share to as high as $333 per share in a year, fell $120 per share, or 62%, in a day in what is regarded as the bursting of the dot-com bubble.[13]

In December 2000, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission brought charges against the company and its executives.[14] A lawsuit was subsequently filed against MicroStrategy and certain of its officials over fraud.[15] In December 2000, Saylor, Bansal, and the company's former CFO settled with the SEC without admitting wrongdoing, each paying $350,000 in fines.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Goffer posted:

Any live streams of this going on? For, uh, educational purposes

i just watch https://bitcointicker.co/ it just hit <$24K briefly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Come on tether, unpeg, UNPEGGGG