Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

War and Pieces posted:

if cis just means someone whose gender matches their biological sex you're only getting mad at the poster for not using the newest shibeleth

Unless you're running around collecting 23n mes you don't know what their 'bologoical sex' is. You're just guessing at their genotype based on their phenotype.
And we know they meant sex chromasomes because they even refrenced XXY and XYY. It's stupid.
Someone was called out for using the right's latest dogwhistle, don't double and tripple down on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
as much as i'd love to troll trans ppl to the point of spitting blood, biologically male is very imprecise. also its a tautology. it raises more questions than it answers. in conclusion its useless, (t-man voice) just like the biological males

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Homeless Friend posted:

as much as i'd love to troll trans ppl to the point of spitting blood, biologically male is very imprecise. also its a tautology. it raises more questions than it answers. in conclusion its useless, (t-man voice) just like the biological males

Been saying this

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
girls are born in the year 19XX and boys are borin in the year 19XY

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Every male is bio. You just have to figure out if it’s logical or sexual

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Pokemon but instead of capturing monsters you train genders

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i feel like the poster was intentional about the at birth / societal projection of a binary gender here and just didn’t know the term AFAB or AMAB. which are (to my maybe dated understanding) safer terms for the idea because it has the perspective built into them that society unfortunately will project a binary onto you at birth and that will have an impact on your development as a person, and quickly say a lot about your journey as a trans person

“biologically male” or “biologically female”, while in best faith means the AFAB/AMAB stuff above, is used aggressively by terfs and any other trans-maligned ideologues to poo poo on trans people

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

it’s unfortunate that terms and words have meaning that will always transcend your intention but at least you’re upfront about your intent so people can help you establish more alternative language in good faith

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i'm an oligical male. ladies only

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

a cyberpunk goose posted:

i feel like the poster was intentional about the at birth / societal projection of a binary gender here and just didn’t know the term AFAB or AMAB. which are (to my maybe dated understanding) safer terms for the idea because it has the perspective built into them that society unfortunately will project a binary onto you at birth and that will have an impact on your development as a person, and quickly say a lot about your journey as a trans person

“biologically male” or “biologically female”, while in best faith means the AFAB/AMAB stuff above, is used aggressively by terfs and any other trans-maligned ideologues to poo poo on trans people

yeah i was gonna type this out but its boring. fuckin nerd haahahahah

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

yeah i was gonna type this out but its boring. fuckin nerd haahahahah

:baduk:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I don't think the sperm intellectual just forgot or was unaware of particular language.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

this is like one of those teen comedies where the dumpy girl has a makeover that's just they took her glasses off

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Relin posted:

i'm going to just stick with using biological male/female while also accepting trans people's rights
lmfao

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

It's very cisgender to dress up in women's clothing, do your hair, and have your life improve socially & emotionally, and not-dating your bff

More men should try it, cat ears empathize your jaw and masculinity

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Face app is just isekai for eggs.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

The only good character in Komi Can't Communicate is Najimi and the rest of the cast is either terrifying, revolting, or extremely boring

pillsburysoldier has issued a correction as of 04:55 on Jun 12, 2022

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

this is like one of those teen comedies where the dumpy girl has a makeover that's just they took her glasses off

this loving pisses me off so much, keep the glasses you disgusting cowards!

I literally started watching Seijou no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu just because it had a cute OL with glasses and the first thing they did was take away her glasses. I still watched the rest of the show because it was extremely comfy and pleasant but still.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the best part of wearing glasses is taking them off and not having to recognize anyone past like 5-10 feet. john cena mode

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Homeless Friend posted:

the best part of wearing glasses is taking them off and not having to recognize anyone past like 5-10 feet. john cena mode

when i take off my glasses your posts become tolerable to look at

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

__/

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

everybody's had that moment when you take the glasses off your boy and he's cute

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

It's very cisgender to dress up in women's clothing, do your hair, and have your life improve socially & emotionally, and not-dating your bff

More men should try it, cat ears empathize your jaw and masculinity

I mean, not speaking for this specific manga, but cis gay crossdressers are also a thing. Sometimes you genuinely want to be a dude in a skirt who dates other dudes.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

pillsburysoldier posted:

The only good character in Komi Can't Communicate is Najimi and the rest of the cast is either terrifying, revolting, or extremely boring

Rumiko is also great and it’s amazing how mad nerds got over her character. Actually, a lot of the cast is great, you just have to accept that even absolute disasters deserve to have friends. Except Yamai. Yamai needs to go to jail

Kit Walker has issued a correction as of 15:48 on Jun 12, 2022

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Folks, the only person involved in Komi-san who belongs in jail is the viewer.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/rinkouashelia/status/1535770925013950464?s=21&t=rUGxLOL9_Fddcs8ToFvQ2A

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I Think I Turned My Childhood Friend Into a Rent-A-Girlfriend

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Kit Walker posted:

Rumiko is also great and it’s amazing how mad nerds got over her character. Actually, a lot of the cast is great, you just have to accept that even absolute disasters deserve to have friends. Except Yamai. Yamai needs to go to jail
Yamai tying up that tadano dude and threatening to bury him in the woods was awful

Awful funny

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the parsing is a little weird, but the review is accurate

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, not speaking for this specific manga, but cis gay crossdressers are also a thing. Sometimes you genuinely want to be a dude in a skirt who dates other dudes.

that’s most drag queens isn’t it

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
crippling social anxiety is so kawaii~

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Komi is an endangered species, the cisgender catgirl

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what about neco-arc

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/nius_v/status/1535750703712415744?s=20&t=UWsr-Xu7JezoK1GK-SYmnw

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

wolfs posted:

that’s most drag queens isn’t it

at this point the only common denominator for Drag Queens is "theater kid", but like 15 years ago, yeah totally

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Was Fune wo Amu (The Great Passage) ever mentioned ITT?

It's a workplace drama about a literary loser guy having to work on a big dictionary and his struggle getting along with people, etc. Good show, especially if learning lots of facts about how Japanese dictionaries are made sounds like a fun time.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
https://twitter.com/rosebangerz/status/1536043257343492097?s=21&t=9hy6O6Js8gb9soZ3W-xQo

he has taste tbh

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He likes the taste of poo poo, apparently.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Do they know that you don't have to keep watching a show and can drop it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

rofl at this obvious bait of listing every single mal top 100.