Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Has Joe has the worst month or two in post-Nixon history?

- sends billions to Ukraine, aka MIC and other cronies, and watches Russia just grind out steady advancement while Zelensky makes embarrassing public statements

- a lot of those billions came from now-cancelled covid programs, and whoops BA.4&5 are ripping through most regions and now there's even less support

- some Hunter coke-fueled sex party pics drop

- mass shootings in Buffalo & Uvalde, daily shootings all over the place, with "do something" and *Biden thumbs up* being his response

- majority of central and south america not attending, or attending to use the platform to say "gently caress your gatekeeping ways usa", at the summit of the americas

- while yammering about ukraine, significant shortage of baby formula with a lackadaisical and underwhelming solution

- also re: ukraine, the US attempts to keep the EU/UK in line prompting conflict and internal criticisms in Germany, Sweden/Finland vis-a-vis Turkey, Switzerland re: neutrality, etc

- sanctions backfiring spectacularly and contributing to runaway inflation already exacerbated by continued covid-related production and shipping shortcomings

- the price of gas

- Kamala

- Pelosi wants a strong Republican party, and has a DUI octogenarian husband

- all the leaks about him whining worse than Trump about his many accomplishments not being promoted via media, and then the recent "will he run again" narrative being drummed up

- going on talk shows to stammer out sentence fragments, occasionally flailing so wildly for the next phrase that they cut to commercial

- tons of other poo poo that didn't blow up big enough to make news in Québec

Like, Clinton has plenty of positive spin about the economy and whatever to balance out Lewinsky scandal news, and even when he faceplanted Trump had better approval ratings and he didn't see a significant portion of his voting base turn on him by the midterms.

In terms of expectation (of the Dem base) vs outcome, was Joe the outright worst candidate the Dems could have won with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

kalensc posted:

- a lot of those billions came from now-cancelled covid programs, and whoops BA.4&5 are ripping through most regions and now there's even less support

i'm dumb as hell and refuse to look at either the d&d or cspam covid thread (maybe smarter than i give myself credit for?) are we just doing the "omicron was the Last Variant" and these BA things are just unremarkable offshoots that don't get a new letter designation because We Told You Stupid Consumers That COVID Is Over, Dammit?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Lib and let die posted:

i'm dumb as hell and refuse to look at either the d&d or cspam covid thread (maybe smarter than i give myself credit for?) are we just doing the "omicron was the Last Variant" and these BA things are just unremarkable offshoots that don't get a new letter designation because We Told You Stupid Consumers That COVID Is Over, Dammit?

If you hear about a variant it's because it's growing explosively somewhere. We're just stuck in this loop where everyone will catch covid every few months and you don't build any immunity with all the new variants, you just get weaker forever until you die. Acknowledging covid is extremely inconvenient for everyone's career so just live with it I guess.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

they tied covid aid to ukraine aid, mcconnell asked biden to separate the bills and then it happened, giving biden an excuse to halt covid aid because it's those republicans that are stopping it you see

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Srice posted:

they tied covid aid to ukraine aid, mcconnell asked biden to separate the bills and then it happened, giving biden an excuse to halt covid aid because it's those republicans that are stopping it you see

oh yeah, that part i know, i guess i'm just displaying my Media Illiteracy for all to see here because I don't understand why we've moved from a simple, easy-to-communicate model like "Omicron" to real lawery-legalese sounding poo poo like "SARS COV-19 OMICRON BA-3" like it's supposed to be something that just kind of passes in one ear and out the other

as if some sort of sense of normalcy is being manufactured in some sense, and most of the public is just kind of consenting to it.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Lib and let die posted:

oh yeah, that part i know, i guess i'm just displaying my Media Illiteracy for all to see here because I don't understand why we've moved from a simple, easy-to-communicate model like "Omicron" to real lawery-legalese sounding poo poo like "SARS COV-19 OMICRON BA-3" like it's supposed to be something that just kind of passes in one ear and out the other

as if some sort of sense of normalcy is being manufactured in some sense, and most of the public is just kind of consenting to it.

suggesting that americans have their own or fall for any propaganda is unamerican

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

Ah yeah in that case I don't know either but I could certainly believe it!

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Lol such trash she has become

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
a lot of the posts in this thread are some version of "it's happening again" so i'm here to give you yet another thing that's happening again

https://twitter.com/Robillard/status/1536340004104028161

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*accidentally points media literacy at a democrat*

my god they don't believe what they are saying

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Hand Knit posted:

a lot of the posts in this thread are some version of "it's happening again" so i'm here to give you yet another thing that's happening again

The inability to learn is staggering

You're in an election scenario where ambient economic conditions mean Democrats are starting the race a lap behind. There's no such thing as a safe seat this election if things continue how they are and we're very near the point at which that's baked in. Why on earth would you set yourself up like this?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

kalensc posted:

In terms of expectation (of the Dem base) vs outcome, was Joe the outright worst candidate the Dems could have won with?

Yeah but only because :abuela: couldn't win

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Lord of Pie posted:

Yeah but only because :abuela: couldn't win

yeah she's probably the only one who could have whiffed 2020, bloomburg probably would have won if biden did, but both would have been outperformed by a piece of paper with (D) on it.

hillary's proposed cabinet list makes her genuinely worse than biden

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
it’s gonna be almost orgasmic when dems pathetically scream at everyone to vote once august/September hits but nobody cares cause gas and a box of cereal are both 9 dollars

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

yes I’m boosting the right wing of the republicans in primaries

yes I’m also boosting the right wing of democrats in primaries

no nothing about this indicates a preference for right wing policies. it is actually right wing for you to question this or for that matter even notice it

I will not be talking questions at this time

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Big tent party.

They accept neocons, former Bush people, social conservatives, former Republican presidents whose reputations have been whitewashed...

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Hand Knit posted:

Those who don't learn from... Wait … 6 years ago? six loving years ago?!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

Hand Knit posted:

I'm old enough to remember when dems did the exact same thing to donald trump, also thinking he would be an easy win

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Hand Knit posted:

ah the tried and true hillary clinton gambit :hmmyes:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it’s a shame this got cut from Inside but at least it’ll be relevant again in 2024!

https://youtu.be/KGmXGkIr7w0

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
very normal market performance recently also, what with mortgage rates climbing above 6% and the dow losing 16%.... since January

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

woooo we get to live through Spanish Flu 2.0 AND a next-level Great Depression

gently caress yes what a great time to be alive

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Nothus posted:

Trump was ahead of the curve when he asked if they could nuke the hurricane

i mean, has anyone actually tried it?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Excelzior posted:

Oh don't hold back, there's a world war coming too.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Excelzior posted:

If you're like me and were born in the mid '80s, think of all the poo poo we've seen up to now: the Berlin Wall coming down. Blowjob impeachment. OJ. Columbine. 9/11. The Great Recession. Covid-19. Great Depression 2.0. And some Boomers wonder why so many of us are so jaded and checked out of The Process (tm).

e: Edited so as not to offend by...stereotyping Boomers, I guess? Whatever.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 23:41 on Jun 13, 2022

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm reminded of that allan holdsworth (?) quote "every year I learn more than I did in the previous twenty" and boy is it a terrible, terrible knowledge

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

These January 6th hearings are entertaining, but they're not gonna influence voting in the way Democrats or hoping when everyone is paying $8 for gas and having ramen noodles for dinner. And even though 90% of America couldn't locate Ukraine on a map 2 weeks before the war, we must make sacrifices for freedom and our way of life! #VoteBlueNoMatter

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

im gonna be walking home in 90 degree heat caused by the global warming the Dems want to do nothing about due to the massive jump in gas prices the Dems have also done nothing about

the only thing funnier than the Dems getting destroyed will be the collapse of society when the consequences of the boom in trucks and SUVs causes mass bankruptcy

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

If you're like me and were born in the mid '80s, think of all the poo poo we've seen up to now: the Berlin Wall coming down. Blowjob impeachment. OJ. Columbine. 9/11. The Great Recession. Covid-19. Great Depression 2.0. And Boomers wonder why so many of us are so jaded and checked out of The Process (tm).

we didn't start the fire

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I believe that the president has been doing a very good job so far

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Nothus posted:

Trump was ahead of the curve when he asked if they could nuke the hurricane

he was also right about buying greenland off of denmark. its going to be the only source of fresh water by mid-century, do we really want to be beholden to a small group of miserable squareheads?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

If you're like me and were born in the mid '80s, think of all the poo poo we've seen up to now: the Berlin Wall coming down. Blowjob impeachment. OJ. Columbine. 9/11. The Great Recession. Covid-19. Great Depression 2.0. And Boomers wonder why so many of us are so jaded and checked out of The Process (tm).

"The younger generation now tells me how tough things are—give me a break. No, no, I have no empathy for it, give me a break."

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

tenderjerk posted:

"The younger generation now tells me how tough things are—give me a break. No, no, I have no empathy for it, give me a break."

-- Joe Biden (D - Mastercard)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Democrats will piss all over Biden but until right before holidays.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

yah, bc all of us boomers pulled a rip van winkle for the last 30 years & didn't live this poo poo ourselves too, as well as during the prior decades when it was hell to be a woman, a minority or a gay, lol.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"only I, as a 10 yr old, could understand the wrenching outcome of the OJ trial verdict"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

"only I, as a 10 yr old, could understand the wrenching outcome of the OJ trial verdict"

We were on a field trip doing spelunking and our 5th grade teacher brought a radio along just so we could hear the verdict.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Homeless Friend posted:

buy an electric car imo

if you live in tx you could wake up one day to your car drawing 35,000 dollars worth of electricity because of rate fuckery.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

lol at the 30-something lecturing folks who lived through the Cuban missile crisis, the assassinations of multiple major US figures including a president, Vietnam and the draft, Watergate, the oil crisis and stagflation, plus everything they personally are aware of since they were born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Real hurthling! posted:

if you live in tx you could wake up one day to your car drawing 35,000 dollars worth of electricity because of rate fuckery.

https://twitter.com/TechConnectify/status/1536467529345925121

you might think this is texas, but its actually chicago