Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah I never really liked the other Halo games but I loved infinite. The gameplay loop of “zip over, throw in all your grenades and scanners and then go in blasting” was so fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah it's infuriating because the bones of the game are super good but this stupid GAAS long-term-support stuff just made me drop it like a hot rock

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they said it was gonna be a GAAS to cover the fact that 343i are extremely inept and the game will never be finished

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah it's infuriating because the bones of the game are super good but this stupid GAAS long-term-support stuff just made me drop it like a hot rock

Also the gaas guys all dropped it for being a terrible gaas with no content so its like a double self inflicted wound

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the only guys at microSHIT who can make a game are the forza guys smh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flight sim is really good

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Probably a price mistake but people are getting them delivered with no issues as of 2 min ago. Sadly none in my area but worth a shot if you want an extra controller

https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/t/15845050

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

instead of spending 105 billion on studios they shoulda hired some loving competent project managers lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Needs an ace combat collaboration

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also Rare made Sea of Thieves which is not my thing but i guess is doing alright now

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Escobarbarian posted:

Halo Infinite is fun. The grappling hook rules

Halo Infinite was some of the most fun I've ever had looking for collectibles.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sot is like 6 years old now right? I think people started saying it had finally gotten content with in the last 2 years.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Real hurthling! posted:

Sot is like 6 years old now right? I think people started saying it had finally gotten content with in the last 2 years.

that's the GAAS way, baby

apparently it's like a big financial success now lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony are getting into the GAAS chambers now so expect their next decade of games to be absolute shite

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

new Elden Ring patch makes the load times massively faster on series.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i mean i dont mind the "it gets a lot of updates over a few years" thing but then you have Nintendo who seem to use that as a reason to launch games with barebones content which only sometimes works out

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Only splatoon really. Smash characters are a bit different the game was fully realized and these are like fun dlc events that people get hyped for

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Seriously? That was my biggest (only) gripe with the game.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I dunno if it's true but apparently SoT is one of the biggest games on Steam which I find hard to believe but considering they're still supporting it the game must be a huge success? Rare must be really happy they finally got to do their own thing and it's taken off the way that it has.

Halo Infinite support is frustrating though, they just need a steady flow of new multiplayer maps but we've only had two so far and it's a shame 'cause 343 can make incredible maps (Halo 4 managed quantity & quality) and they've nailed the gameplay and sandbox now so it just needs more levels to play in but support's really slow. The Battle Royale mode is being handled by another developer so I dunno if they're focusing heavily on co-op or Forge but just a steady trickle of new maps (and toys e.g. new weapons and vehicles) would be great. There's plenty of old maps that they could just remaster as well so the whole situation is confusing. They made a winner and gamers voted it GOTY and since then they've just gone completely silent aside from the new season not long ago. It's a weird situation. There's so many maps that they could port and just give a visual upgrade and everyone would be really happy.

Also just impulse purchased Sekiro because it was on sale which is super rare so welp. Maybe I should get BC Ninja Gaiden 2 as well for maximum pain.

Sony are getting into the GAAS chambers now so expect their next decade of games to be absolute shite

Been waiting forever for TLOU2 multiplayer and now it looks like it's gonna be a BR and they're remaking the first game again and removing multiplayer lol it's like they hate the fanbase. Same happened with Uncharted too. Hyped as heck for Nathan Drake collection until it turned out all the co-op and multiplayer had been removed like I know their multiplayer team had sex pests and abusers but they could have replaced them rather than stripping all that content from the games because the multiplayer was great.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i mean i dont mind the "it gets a lot of updates over a few years" thing but then you have Nintendo who seem to use that as a reason to launch games with barebones content which only sometimes works out

I hope it works out for Mario Strikers because I have waited so long for that game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ColdPie posted:

Seriously? That was my biggest (only) gripe with the game.

yep it’s super fast now.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

AC : Origins is not bad, but it's exactly the same game as Odyssey or Valhalla, apart from the setting. It's a perfect game pass game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they did good post release support for tennis aces but not as well for golf which is weird because I'd have figured golf was a more popular title

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

instead of spending 105 billion on studios they shoulda hired some loving competent project managers lmao
Look at the current state of AAA gaming. How many of those do you think exist?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Look at the current state of AAA gaming. How many of those do you think exist?

1 (FROMSoft)

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

New Armored Core game is gonna be amazing (I wonder if it will be revealed at Tokyo Game Show this year?) but I'm curious if Elden Ring will get any DLC ever since there were rumors of it being announced recently but none of the shows had it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drat they weren't that bad to begin with, only annoying because of how much you fast travel compared to other titles. Sweet. Now where's the dlc lol.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Now where's the dlc lol.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

It's incredible and the only real "next-gen" thing currently on consoles. Very hyped on all the new planes and copters coming. I genuinely do not understand/pity people who can't get at least some enjoyment out of it. Also this post reminded me of a real bad post I saw-

univbee posted:

Forza Horizon 5, Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, Halo Infinite and Microsoft Flight Simulator all have a pretty heavy emphasis on online components with most having a microtransaction/gacha component to them.

Forza horizon gives you so many cars and in game currency 99% of people will just have millions sitting around and a half full garage in a few days after just drifting and crashing into cactuses. SOT also is very generous and the only poo poo you can buy is cosmetic and very easy to get free. Flight Sim gives all the world updates away for free and after the huge starting plane line up continues to give away badass planes for free. The DLC is for turbonerds with 3k flight stick setups and it's like modeled airports in east Austria and planes you've never heard of. The point being is you chose a bunch of awful examples, in fact you chose games that are using GAAS in an excellent way by providing the vast majority of the player base continuous awesome updates for free. I don't think you know what Gacha means.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

X/S enhanced logos have stated appearing on the Resi games :)

drat. It's about time

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

There aren't any microtransactions in horizon 5. I have the game on game pass and bought the dlc bundle for 45 dollars. That gives you everything. I guess there is the 2 dollar map thing you can get that shows the bonus boards.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

wanna go back in time to the xbone reveal and tell people that in ten years xbox will be the most powerful brand in gaming with better exclusives than sony and also they own kojima now

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm pretty sure some ex-Naughty Dog person talked about how a good chunk of the people who have the experience to actually run a studio have been burned and moved on to somewhere they don't get paid like poo poo

I'm sure there's a fresh crop of project managers being nurtured though...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
flight sim is an extreme "not my thing" but i should give it a shot. everyone hates the term but seems like good "podcast gaming"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Flight Sim is amazingly fun and I like just flying around over areas I’m already familiar with and seeing how different the map is with regards to where it sticks buildings.

Also there is an aircraft that is like one of those octocopter drone things and it is super fun.

My favourite is the ICON A5 amphibious one I can just land wherever.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Seltzer posted:

It's incredible and the only real "next-gen" thing currently on consoles. Very hyped on all the new planes and copters coming. I genuinely do not understand/pity people who can't get at least some enjoyment out of it. Also this post reminded me of a real bad post I saw-

Forza horizon gives you so many cars and in game currency 99% of people will just have millions sitting around and a half full garage in a few days after just drifting and crashing into cactuses.

Yeah well I'm still mad that they nerfed the drat wheelspins :mad:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

i just hope they add Portal portals. My favourite things about the original Prey were the Portal gimmicks and fleshy bodyhorror doorways & designs

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheeee posted:

wanna go back in time to the xbone reveal and tell people that in ten years xbox will be the most powerful brand in gaming with better exclusives than sony and also they own kojima now

it would be nice if Sony would recover from their own disastrous strategy but they probably won't

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

priznat posted:

My favourite is the ICON A5 amphibious one I can just land wherever.

Ahhhhhh, The Mangler of Rich Guys

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sony will continue to subsist on the insane freaks tripping over themselves to spend $150 on the special edition of the PS5 remake of the amazing narrative masterpiece from 4 years ago in the same way that phone game companies feed off of the whales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Beastie posted:

Ahhhhhh, The Mangler of Rich Guys

not all heroes wear capes