Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
do your own research

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

FlapYoJacks posted:

BTC has never crashed this much before yes? This is uncharted territory?

percentage wise it sure has. It's gone from $30 to $2 before, and all sorts of other drops like that

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

was gonna post the axis update with the Layla scene from goodfellas but it was too dark.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TeenageArchipelago posted:

percentage wise it sure has. It's gone from $30 to $2 before, and all sorts of other drops like that

Then the only solution is for BTC to crash more!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Poco posted:

ive lost a lot of money from my gambling account (only 8k total invested) and my IRA in the last few days and this is the boost i need

you people all have way too much money

you could just give it me

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

at what point does mining cease to make a profit? I can't remember

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
lol more good news just keeps coming
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932649&pagenumber=519#post524144727
ford mach e recalls for past 2 years lmao

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I'm watching the NBA finals and keep saying the "Crypto is dead, long live crypto" Coinbase ad.

It hits different on a blood day.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Bouncing on my buywalls dick

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

you people all have way too much money

you could just give it me

But then you would have way too much money. In which case you could just give it to me.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

FlapYoJacks posted:

lol this is just a 30% crash in a few days

2017 it dropped 80% and stayed there, roughly, for years

This is the first time the NFT and modern "Crypto Hustler" environment has experienced this though. The idea their poo poo is worthless after multiple years of huge gains and superbowl commercials and retirement fund adoption is unthinkable to these people so we have a whole new set of people losing their entire life savings because of stirring youtube videos from Shitcoin peddlers on how ButtholeGold is shifting paradigms or whatever

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

the previous biggest crash was from ~20k to ~3k, a 85% crash. this is ~69000 to ~20000 (let's just call that now it's happening tonight,) a 71% crash.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
this thread doesn't have a mascot, but I thought that it should somehow be represented in the c-spam trifecta of doom (biosphere collapse, COVID, doomsday economics).

credit goes to rubby for original image.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
did tether just print? BC just hit 21500 from 20600

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Let's see how long it takes for this pump to die

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
she rallyin back i'm buying the dip baby

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Poco posted:

bags being handed to holders

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
i have been talking with the board and we have decided that it would make more sense to state our portfolio at cost rather than fair value. This will help alleviate the transitory market price fluctuations

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I don't feel bad for the stupid people but I do feel bad for their spouses and children

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

i told u guys to buy the dip :smug:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

deadwing posted:

the previous biggest crash was from ~20k to ~3k, a 85% crash. this is ~69000 to ~20000 (let's just call that now it's happening tonight,) a 71% crash.

ok sure, but 20k to 3k is a much smaller number than 69k to 20k. therefor this is more exciting.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
sell the bounce idiot

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

yo I got this bag anyone mind holding onto it for me?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

TeenageArchipelago posted:

yo I got this bag anyone mind holding onto it for me?

wow, free bag!

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Poco posted:

Probably a lot of crypto fanatics who consider this to be buy buy buy territory. The bigger the crash the bigger the dead cat bounce.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vox Nihili posted:

Probably a lot of crypto fanatics who consider this to be buy buy buy territory. The bigger the crash the bigger the dead cat bounce.

Remember also that there's a lot of people actively shorting bitcoin who will want to eventually take profit. A failed support break is a great time to close your short.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Vox Nihili posted:

yeah but those people were already all-in on bitcoin so i doubt they have much more money to put in. and i get the feeling brokers aren't super keen on letting people trade on margin right now

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

he’s gotta be fresh from the fight

Defective Pikachu
Jun 2, 2022

by Hand Knit
actively sharting buttcoin

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

The only person I know that ever got bitcoin did it as a joke waaay the gently caress back and sold 1 bitcoin for a sheet of acid.

my best friend bought some poo poo coins for nothing way at the start, forgot about them, then came back to them when they were worth like 30,000 total or something

he's a legit anarchist and didn't think the money was real so he just used that to buy mdma for all of his friends lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

yeah but those people were already all-in on bitcoin so i doubt they have much more money to put in. and i get the feeling brokers aren't super keen on letting people trade on margin right now

People will do poo poo like taking a cash advance on a credit card if they really want more funds to slam into crypto. There is no limit to the depravity.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

my best friend bought some poo poo coins for nothing way at the start, forgot about them, then came back to them when they were worth like 30,000 total or something

he's a legit anarchist and didn't think the money was real so he just used that to buy mdma for all of his friends lmao

I was going to say the LSD guy was the best case scenario for screwing around with crypto but it's actually this guy

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

he's right the money is fake and hopefully the mdma was very real

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

*laughs in millennial*

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

this looks like it's the largest rally for the past little bit, wonder when it's going to start dropping again. It started right at 10:00 PM eastern, did Australia wake up and see that it was time to buy buy buy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

glorious