Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

3D Megadoodoo posted:

This is literally the best thing I've seen all week :tipshat:
:tipshat:

Lightning Comics #4 (1940)

Action Man #3 (2016)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I do not know if that's an edit, it seems too perfect.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it's x-men #35

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Dareon posted:

I do not know if that's an edit, it seems too perfect.

Double entendres aside, this kind of makes me wish Spidey’s gimmick was that instead of telling jokes, he mainly narrated his fights in Stan Lee’s style.

“Step aside, true believers! Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is about to deliver a pugilistic performance of prodigious proportions! Excelsior!”

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Marriage Toxin #8

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Mystery Men Comics #20 (1941)

Superboy #104 (1963)

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Alacron posted:

Marriage Toxin #8

This has strong Golden Age energy.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Alacron posted:

Marriage Toxin #8

There's no panel that isn't improved by the addition of a cool shark or shark guy

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

evilmiera posted:

There's no panel that isn't improved by the addition of a cool shark or shark guy
Due to sexual dimorphism, many shark gals are bigger and cooler than shark guys.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superboy #105 (1963)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Darthemed posted:

Superboy #105 (1963)

I don't know lady, from all the panels I've seen here, Superboy's been the dumbest youth for a while now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Astra Lost in Space - Chapter 1

New serialisation. Is pretty good thus far.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Infinitum posted:

Astra Lost in Space - Chapter 1

New serialisation. Is pretty good thus far.

I’m pretty sure that series is already finished. I’m not sure what the deal is with the website here

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They sometimes just start a series over from the beginning and treat it as a new serialization. Not sure why they do it but Astra Lost in Space has been done for a while. In fact it's been done so long it also has a completed anime adaptation as well.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

thetoughestbean posted:

I’m pretty sure that series is already finished. I’m not sure what the deal is with the website here

It looks like the original got a complete official english translation by Viz (in addition to a bunch of unofficial translations into other languages). The version being uploaded onto MangaPlus appears to be the Viz translation, unmodified.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Sensation Comics #17 (1943)

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Darthemed posted:

Is Zanzibar an illusionist magician like Mandrake, or has he just casually decapitated four dudes with magic?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Elissimpark posted:

Is Zanzibar an illusionist magician like Mandrake, or has he just casually decapitated four dudes with magic?

He made their heads invisible, hence killing them because their skin can no longer absorb heat, decapitating them.

So, yes.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

evilmiera posted:

He made their heads invisible, hence killing them because their skin can no longer absorb heat, decapitating them.

So, yes.

Just checking - am I correctly understanding that as complete nonsense?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Elissimpark posted:

You guys are making this too complicated.

He cast a spell that removed their heads. But he didn't want them to die, so they are alive. Just without any heads. In what must be some sort of nightmarish existence.

He probably gave them their heads back when he was done with the spell.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Stuffed their heads into the pocket dimensional space all illusionists use to make things disappear.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

More like Ztarduztar

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

thetoughestbean posted:

Ah new to me, so looking forward to the read.

Anyway Mashle is a very serious manga about very serious fights

Right to left

Mashle - Chapter 111

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Disappear Head only has a duration of one round per level

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

More like Ztarduztar

This isn't the first time someone's posted panels of Zanzibar and I've felt the need to check if it was a lesser-known Fletcher Hanks

It isn't, these were drawn by George Tuska, who also worked on Captain Marvel in the 40s and Iron Man (among other Marvel stuff) in the 60s

In retrospect, though the head deletion and the blank backgrounds do seem pretty Hanksish, what should have tipped me off is that none of the bad guys look like miserable scowling grouches

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh yeah, Tuska was big on Iron Man. He was a large part, if not the majority, of the first 100 issues.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
This is funny in a mildly edited "Come on DC, that's just loving MEAN." black comedy sense.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Jane Foster and The Mighty Thor #1:

I missed Mr. Horse

Later on, same issue

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Elissimpark posted:

While Zanzibar is capable of hypnosis/illusions, most of the time, he's just using real magic. As far as I've read, he has no limits or constraints on his magic, either, though he does like to simply punch people sometimes.

Action Man #4 (2016)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

One of Action Man's powers should be that as he gets older, he can pop his head off and back on, and there's a Lego Technic peg holding it on.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

One of Action Man's powers should be that as he gets older, he can pop his head off and back on, and there's a Lego Technic peg holding it on.

Action Man's power is the ability to move his eyes left and move his eyes right.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elissimpark posted:

Action Man's power is the ability to move his eyes left and move his eyes right.

Also stylish flock hair.

5 minutes into Funny Panels thread and chill, and he gives you this look:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Elissimpark posted:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Also stylish flock hair.

Also a backwards thumb (I would have never noticed this if Fatha didn't point it out to me like 40 years ago)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Sensation Comics #17 (1943)

Superboy #105 (1963)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

...then why didn't YOU break the glass?

In fact if there's a distant fire why didn't Superboy go to the actual source rather than some random crowd nearby? Even if he's dumb he should be going directly towards the giant bonfire, even if just to gawk like an idiot.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

TwoPair posted:

Jane Foster and The Mighty Thor #1:

I missed Mr. Horse

Later on, same issue

Aye, that's a proper Yorkshire pegasus, that is.

... you know, given the Viking influence on God's Own County, maybe that makes some kind of sense...

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

evilmiera posted:

...then why didn't YOU break the glass?

In fact if there's a distant fire why didn't Superboy go to the actual source rather than some random crowd nearby? Even if he's dumb he should be going directly towards the giant bonfire, even if just to gawk like an idiot.

I feel like the actual answer to this is way more convoluted than we're prepared to speculate about.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Short answer: It's entrapment

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!
Is a "swamp fire" a specific kind of fire in firefighting jardon? Because that looks like a burning Denny's, not a swamp. Superboy, we have so many questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There's a Denny's in the swamp.