Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

More like Yike’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

didn’t know he was experienced in project management

Why would he be a project manager? He's a stakeholder. If a PM is involved they work for Yuke's

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

obviously no idea how accurate whatever sourced gossip they got could be but this editorializing at the end

quote:

The one concern is who owns the engine of the game. If Yuke’s has any ownership of it at all, then AEW’s options of moving on are limited without spending even more money to gain the rights. If not, it’s a much easier discussion to have for America’s second-largest wrestling promotion.

is probably evidence that the writer doesnt know what theyre talking about

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah that article seemed really speculative.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Anonymous sources from WrestlingVideoGames.com confirm that Kenny Omega is a big goober and is actively hurting development on the game. He knows nothing about gaming and is a big piece of poo poo, unlike Bret Hart who helped code many of the 16-bit era games himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSmKiws-4NU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

CarlCX posted:

The way the limbs somewhat awkwardly jerk into animations reminds me of the AKI animations, which is both good and kind of damning with praise, I guess.

It looks like I'd expect a modern AKI game to look. But it needs some work still...

I am surprised at how bad some of this stuff looks when you consider that they hand picked like 12 seconds of game play to showcase in each video. Statlander's trailer looked worse. Like those initial punches where Nyla isn't reacting to it. And Nyla's legs just moving into position for Big Bang Theory looks weird. The Nyla Rose trailer looked better FWIW.

For an AKI style game I do expect the animations to have a bit more spring to them though. The WWE games try to be very realistic in terms of movement, which they can never quite nail and makes it look bad when it doesn't look realistic. It really depends on how it plays I guess

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i tried to warn this world

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

If it’s bad we’ll always have “The Wrestling Code” to fall back on lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Astro7x posted:

It looks like I'd expect a modern AKI game to look. But it needs some work still...

I am surprised at how bad some of this stuff looks when you consider that they hand picked like 12 seconds of game play to showcase in each video. Statlander's trailer looked worse. Like those initial punches where Nyla isn't reacting to it. And Nyla's legs just moving into position for Big Bang Theory looks weird. The Nyla Rose trailer looked better FWIW.

For an AKI style game I do expect the animations to have a bit more spring to them though. The WWE games try to be very realistic in terms of movement, which they can never quite nail and makes it look bad when it doesn't look realistic. It really depends on how it plays I guess

It's almost as if they prefaced it by saying it wasn't final and had big text on the screen saying the same thing for a reason. Not sure why, though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kennel posted:

No idea, how credible this source is. Smells a bit sensationalistic.
https://twitter.com/MikeStrawMedia/status/1521854399013871616

This is what they get for going to a company responsible for dogshit wrestling games instead of MDickie.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
I'm just happy the wrestlers don't look like they've been inflated like Daffy Duck in a cartoon from the 30s any more.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Elephant Ambush posted:

That's highly likely to be bullshit based how it's written

And I have no idea how Kenny could be seen as "inexperienced" in any way regarding wrestling or video games. That's his whole life
The games industry is notoriously toxic and cliquey, which has nothing to do with how much of a gamer you are or how much you're involved with a game's subject matter. Inner circles have inner circles and they treat people like poo poo if you're not part of the club, worse if you're in any kind of marginalized group, and they work people to death in 80-100 hour weeks during deadline crunches. Even if that particular article's not accurate, stories about major game devs exactly like this come out all the time.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Footage looks great for alpha or beta. I like the impact pause when your move hits and I can't wait to play it.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfdIGG36GgU

We just need Kenny doing something like this.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Hoss Corncave posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfdIGG36GgU

We just need Kenny doing something like this.

the joke about referencing a null pointer is intensely funny

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
NL have been simming Backlash and now Cody and Seth are just staring at each other

https://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!
I bought Wrestling Revolution 2D on Steam recently, after watching the nL guys' "nL Slip career" playlist, mainly because I think the 2D version has a certain charm the 3D versions lack.

One of my favorite moments happened yesterday: during a First Blood match, after getting the upper hand on my guy, the opponent just randomly decides to headbutt my character...and proceeds to bust himself open hardway, looking like he's gigged himself Eddie Guerrero-style, and instantly loses the match. :laugh:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

For people who have 2k22, is it stable enough to be worth buying on sale now? Was looking for something to play around in when I've hit a wall in Elden Ring.

The last game I played was 2k19 and most of the time I'm playing around creating CAWS and doing exhibition matches. Don't care at all about gm mode.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

On Xbox it still crashes when you've been using the creation suite for more than 30 minutes or so, and there's a hard cap on image downloads that includes all custom images associated with anything created, so at a certain point new downloaded stuff will show up stripped of all custom images.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it still randomly crashes and locks up for me on xbox series x. ever since i downloaded the umaga pack the game instantly crashes if a wrestler tries to pull a weapon out from under the ring so i just gave up on the game.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I've been playing nothing but myrise (on a ps4 disc) and apart from quite slow load times even with an upgraded SSD its worked fine for me. My character's hair occasionally gets caught in her mask and looks weird but thats it

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
There’s Twitter buzz that that MSK guy who got released will no longer be part of the planned DLC.

https://twitter.com/whatsthestatus/status/1526547089961934850?s=21&t=LhqYUbf1rMAbuu7LE7bhXQ

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

ive been playing a boatload of Journey Of Wrestling and even though some 3.5 star shows lose me a hundred fans and sometimes it gains me 600 i like it. My 2011 save has been going good with tanahashi and nagata on top of my tiny indy company.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Suplex Liberace posted:

ive been playing a boatload of Journey Of Wrestling and even though some 3.5 star shows lose me a hundred fans and sometimes it gains me 600 i like it. My 2011 save has been going good with tanahashi and nagata on top of my tiny indy company.

There is a place for modpacks for Journey of Wrestling, right? Or I might be confusing it with Pro Wrestling Simulator- a different booking sim.

Either way, wonder if they're a bit less harsh with the charts than TEW/EWR.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

widespread posted:

There is a place for modpacks for Journey of Wrestling, right? Or I might be confusing it with Pro Wrestling Simulator- a different booking sim.

Either way, wonder if they're a bit less harsh with the charts than TEW/EWR.

There is a bunch of historical starts people have made, no mod support but the scenarios are fully customizable.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

in the funniest bit of wwe pettiness yet, latest 2k22 patch erases jacksonville and gainesville as florida cities, replacing them with more orlandos

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

in the funniest bit of wwe pettiness yet, latest 2k22 patch erases jacksonville and gainesville as florida cities, replacing them with more orlandos

I can understand Jacksonville but what would be petty about removing Gainesville?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Testekill posted:

I can understand Jacksonville but what would be petty about removing Gainesville?

Devs really hate the ska punk band Less Than Jake & their song Gainesville Rock City

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Testekill posted:

with how broken these games are they probably had to remove all -ville florida cities if they were removing one.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Testekill posted:

roundabout payback at that turncoat urban meyer for appearing on dynamite

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Testekill posted:

FEST Wrestling erasure.

A bunch of wrestlers live around FL but I think Terri Runnels is the only one who lives in Gainesville. I can't think of any that are billed from there.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

STONE COLD 64 posted:

with how broken these games are they probably had to remove all -ville florida cities if they were removing one.

Well apparently you can't simply shorten the list of cities since they had to put in extra Orlandos so maybe you're somehow right.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I must be missing something, is there an actual reason they'd want to remove Jacksonville?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maxwell Lord posted:

I must be missing something, is there an actual reason they'd want to remove Jacksonville?

Its AEW's home base, spite

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
This WrestleQuest demo on Steam is amazing. Even Pixel Conrad doesn't bring my enjoyment down. My best comparison is Golf Story but wrestling. If you like pixel RPGs and you post in a wrestling forum its a no brainer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

man that sounded great but then i saw that wrestlequest is the game where you are a ripoff of macho man and the main boss is macho man. i cannot condone this type of hosed up poo poo

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
WWE 2k22 is rather remarkable in the fact that every single idea you could possibly come up with just flat out doesnt function.

Wanna have a tournament with damage retention and no rope breaks? Well, all the options are right there available for you, but they JUST. DONT. WORK. EVER.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cavauro posted:

man that sounded great but then i saw that wrestlequest is the game where you are a ripoff of macho man and the main boss is macho man. i cannot condone this type of hosed up poo poo

OHHHHHHH YEAAAAHHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

X JAKK posted:

WWE 2k22 is rather remarkable in the fact that every single idea you could possibly come up with just flat out doesnt function.

Wanna have a tournament with damage retention and no rope breaks? Well, all the options are right there available for you, but they JUST. DONT. WORK. EVER.

Want a normal tag team match that doesn't either end in a countout because the AI has no idea how to get back into the ring in less than 10 seconds OR goes on for 97 minutes because they instantly break up every single pinfall? No gonna happen!

Want to play Universe Mode with any custom content at all? Not gonna happen!