Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

3m is about what Dread did, which is the best selling Metroid thus far right?

Yeah, and I think the most we've heard about Xenoblade is that series-wide it has sold about 6 million so if XBC3 did 3 million it would absolutely be a massive massive success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

I think some folks let the insane numbers Mario and Zelda games do skew their idea of what's considered a successful Nintendo title. Thankfully, Nintendo themselves seem to be more realistic (at times, anyhow).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I get the impression that people who play Xenoblade also tend to be pretty big fans, so you're going to have a large portion who actually try to do something like get the collector edition on the day it's released.

So even if overall sales aren't as high as many more popular games, the core of "super-fans" is still as big.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

We eat a lot too

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

quote:

"Eunie has known Noah and Lanz since they were young, and she seems to trust them a lot! She may seem crass, but she's actually sensitive at heart and has cute hobbies too!"

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/1535156986752684034?s=20&t=Cj4N_gVREXwsu8bhUb2FkA

quote:

"I'm Eunie! I was invited by Colony 9's Special Operations to be a bodyguard for the Off-Seers. These guys? Well I've been kinda stuck with 'em since I was born. My special skill is "Round Healing". I excel in healing all my teammates. I guess you could say my hobby is collecting Fortune Clovers!"

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

How do you sleep with a bird head?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Upsidads posted:

the wings fold over your eyes like a sleep mask

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Upsidads posted:

you stand on one leg like a flamingo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Upsidads posted:

In a nest?

What, that's not how everyone else does it?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how throughout XC2 Klaus has been watching all the events of the game, and the first vision he shows Rex near the end is Nia complaining about not being chosen as the love interest. Just Klaus getting madder and madder until the "I love all you guys!" scene, and then he decides to show Rex this vision to complain about it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The only comparable stabbing in the heart of a primary character in an RPG that even remotely compares is Aerith and Sephiroth so it makes sense.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Ytlaya posted:

I like how throughout XC2 Klaus has been watching all the events of the game, and the first vision he shows Rex near the end is Nia complaining about not being chosen as the love interest. Just Klaus getting madder and madder until the "I love all you guys!" scene, and then he decides to show Rex this vision to complain about it.

Maybe Rex being a dumbass causes a big XBC3 heel turn for Nia.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ImpAtom posted:

The only comparable stabbing in the heart of a primary character in an RPG that even remotely compares is Aerith and Sephiroth so it makes sense.

I definitely audibly gasped when it happened (and then had to pause the game because I couldn't stop laughing)

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

XC2 question: I've hit a dead end in the World Tree. The main path after the Sky Bridge leads to a locked door, and the branching path leads to the data processing room, where the control panel requires a password. What am I missing here?

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

Optimist Prime posted:

XC2 question: I've hit a dead end in the World Tree. The main path after the Sky Bridge leads to a locked door, and the branching path leads to the data processing room, where the control panel requires a password. What am I missing here?

If I remember correctly you're looking for a keycode somewhere in the data processing room.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Optimist Prime posted:

That panel is a red herring, it’s for a sidequest. The keycode should be elsewhere in that room, IIRC.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

edit: I got out XC2 to see if I could complete some of the extra content I never did (or maybe get KOS-MOS someday), and was wondering if there's any reasonable way to do stuff like Vess's dumpling* crafting. It seems like it requires a downright absurd amount of materials, to an extent dwarfing literally anything else that you might be using collectables for, including making the highest level aux cores.

* no idea why the game calls onigiri dumplings, even when it literally shows them on screen; could even just say "rice balls"

Chronojam posted:

Maybe Rex being a dumbass causes a big XBC3 heel turn for Nia.

I think it will end up being the case that (speculation) the war + off-seers are necessary to prevent some worse outcome, likely tied in some way to the cause of the fog-beasts from Future Connected.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 13, 2022

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

edit: I got out XC2 to see if I could complete some of the extra content I never did (or maybe get KOS-MOS someday), and was wondering if there's any reasonable way to do stuff like Vess's dumpling* crafting. It seems like it requires a downright absurd amount of materials, to an extent dwarfing literally anything else that you might be using collectables for, including making the highest level aux cores.
there is not. get grinding, bitch

if i did this, you can too. it took like three hours or something but i did it. listen to something else and grind merc missions while you're at it too

one thing you can do though is to use frontiernav to look up the best gathering spots for items. like here's what you do for gromrice: https://frontiernav.net/explore/xenoblade-chronicles-2/visualisations/maps/entities/collection-point-1405

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

we are ursulas new groove

and we'll do what we can

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Amppelix posted:

there is not. get grinding, bitch

if i did this, you can too. it took like three hours or something but i did it. listen to something else and grind merc missions while you're at it too

one thing you can do though is to use frontiernav to look up the best gathering spots for items. like here's what you do for gromrice: https://frontiernav.net/explore/xenoblade-chronicles-2/visualisations/maps/entities/collection-point-1405

Ah, this is a wonderful website that somehow never appeared when I tried googling for things, thanks!

I'm trying to decide when I should go ahead and trigger NG+ (I'm basically in the period right before the end of the game*). I fortunately have not made the mistake of getting into Ursula's stuff yet (I actually completed her stuff the first time I played XC2; this game is a replay I started later, but not a NG+ yet). I'm trying to go through all the straight-forward blade quests. As far as I'm aware, the only important thing to be careful about is not getting into Ursula's quest, which would be reset in NG+.

I had kind of mixed luck with the rare blades in this second playthrough. On the upside, I got Zenobia (on my first playthrough I never got Zenobia or KOS-MOS and had only 3 rare blades remaining), but on the downside I didn't get Ursula until very late, and she's a blade that it's very useful to roll early. I'm down to the last 3 (not counting the NG+ blades obviously), in this case being Adenine, Perun, and KOS-MOS.

* there's a lot of amusingly impossible quest content here where the party deals with stuff like Indol remnants in Mor Ardain, which makes literally no sense since as far as the canon plot is concerned it's basically a straight-shot from Cliffs of Morytha to the very end of the game. Then again, I'm pretty sure pretty much all rare blade content is effectively non-canon, aside from maybe like Roc and big ogre guy.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/1536243213987909632?s=20&t=0AsDzxkA2M-2PMD-95kCyA

quote:

"One of the new Heroes is Zeon (CV: Ryota Osaka). His class is "Guardian Commander" (Defender), and he fights with a sword and shield to protect his allies. He's from Keves and seems to have known Noah and his friends for a long time."

quote:

The colony of Keves, to which Zeon belongs, is facing a serious problem due to food shortages. It seems that you are struggling every day while thinking about the lives of your friends...!

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/1536244016907694082?s=20&t=0AsDzxkA2M-2PMD-95kCyA

quote:

"It seems that Zeon has some history with Noah and his friends who are also from Keves. By the way, his shining sword and shield are very cool!"

Don't think we've seen this guy before.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

When Lanz unsheathes his weapon it looks like a red Monado (like Noah's) for a split second before changing color scheme.
It's gotta have some significance, because you don't add details like that without good reason. I wonder if Eunie's staff rifle, and Keves Monado replicas in general, are going to have the same transition.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

OhFunny posted:

He shows up for a split second in the release date trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt9pfN-2S0k&t=128s

2:10

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

those dinky little wings :3:

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Thanks for the advice - not sure how I missed that keycode before. I even managed to beat Mk VI Margot, although I still don't know how to deal with the bike assholes toppling me every five seconds.

The blade lottery remains an unholy clusterfuck. Last night I used seven of my eight rare core crystals fishing for a unique blade, and every single one was store-brand. Then I switched to commons and the third one gave me Kos-Mos. I understand this is... kind of a big deal?

Question: is there any additional story after the first visit to the World Tree? I'd rather not break the flow of the game by skip traveling, but all these incomplete aux cores are starting to add up. Normally I'd assume this was the endgame, but after XC1 I'm not so sure.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Omobono posted:

When Lanz unsheathes his weapon it looks like a red Monado (like Noah's) for a split second before changing color scheme.
It's gotta have some significance, because you don't add details like that without good reason. I wonder if Eunie's staff rifle, and Keves Monado replicas in general, are going to have the same transition.

2:23//2:24 in the release date trailer, all the party pulls out their weapon and everyone gets the red Monado color scheme for a split second. Including the Blade weapons from Agnus. :wtf:
It's going to be a detail that absolutely foreshadows a twist in a way that's completely opaque beforehand and completely obvious afterwards, isn't it?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, and I think the most we've heard about Xenoblade is that series-wide it has sold about 6 million so if XBC3 did 3 million it would absolutely be a massive massive success.

Xenoblade 2 was around 2.2m copies of that total, XCX was less than a million, and the various versions of XC1 are the remaining 3 million and change. If XC3 sells 3 million copies total, let alone by the end of the year, that'd be a considerable amount of growth. 2 was also made with a small team (due to so many people being pulled over for BOTW) so those 2.2m copies were probably a significant amount of profit for the development costs.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

3 million is like 1/3 what Monster Hunter Rise did on Switch and PC combined, which is pretty respectable for a single console release from a relatively niche series (though obviously that holds less true as it sells more).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

OhFunny posted:

I think we've seen (mechanics thing that can be gleaned from trailers but I don't think has been stated outright) party member(s) using his weapons in battle.

Optimist Prime posted:

The blade lottery remains an unholy clusterfuck. Last night I used seven of my eight rare core crystals fishing for a unique blade, and every single one was store-brand. Then I switched to commons and the third one gave me Kos-Mos. I understand this is... kind of a big deal?

lol

Once you're down to the last 3-4 blades you can easily go literally 100+ without getting anything good. I'm actually not even sure if rare/legendary cores have a higher chance of getting a rare blade - I think they might only effect the rarity of common blades.

Mk VI Margot was a pain because party members kept falling off the edge. I ended up having to kite it down from the platform thingy to prevent that from happening. I had similar issues with another World Tree unique enemy on one of the outside platforms; party members kept walking off the edge (which is worse there since it outright kills them).

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

So I guess the idea is that the rotating seventh party member is how you unlock newer classes to master on your main six, and maybe how you get different looks for your characters.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

To clarify, I've probably found 30 rare crystals, I just used most of them already (and stopped giving any to Rex thanks to this thread). So far I've unlocked Floren, Azami, Gorg, Godfrey, Boreas, Dagas, Lim, Agate, and now Kos-Mos, in roughly that order.

Do all of the five-star blades have a different likelihood of appearing? I thought it was more or less equal aside from Kos-Mos.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Optimist Prime posted:

To clarify, I've probably found 30 rare crystals, I just used most of them already (and stopped giving any to Rex thanks to this thread). So far I've unlocked Floren, Azami, Gorg, Godfrey, Boreas, Dagas, Lim, Agate, and now Kos-Mos, in roughly that order.

Do all of the five-star blades have a different likelihood of appearing? I thought it was more or less equal aside from Kos-Mos.

Once you have access to gold(?) canisters you can easily self-sustain and dive for infinite money (and cores) if you want more.

They do not all have the same chance to drop, KOS-MOS is the least common in particular because gacha mechanics are poo poo even when they don't involve money.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Once you're down to the last 3-4 blades you can easily go literally 100+ without getting anything good. I'm actually not even sure if rare/legendary cores have a higher chance of getting a rare blade - I think they might only effect the rarity of common blades.
oh, but they do! the whole equasion has been datamined and is right here:
code:
Probability = max((sqrt(Luck stat) * 0.013) + 0.95, 1) * 0.01 * (100 + 5 * [Idea Multiplier]) * [Core Rarity] * [Blade Base Probability]
in which core rarity is 1, 1.5 or 3 for common, rare and legendary cores

or to put it much shorter, legendary cores have triple probability to pull rares

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Lol, I haven't even found any legendary cores yet. But I also haven't bought any gold cylinders cuz I'm terminally poo poo at the salvaging QTEs.

Unrelated, but why do the VAs for Mikhail and Patroka sound so aggressively awful compared to the rest of the cast? Are they trying to be funny?

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

Pretty sure there's one more step to the equation for rare blade probabilities. If you use a common crystal and a rare blade comes up, an additional roll is applied that gives you the rare blade 25% of the time and a common blade for the other 75%. Because of that, rare and legendary crystals have x6 and x12 higher probabilities over a common crystal of pulling a rare blade.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I had eight random blades left to collect, so tonight I pushed Nia's Luck into the 900s and used all the core crystals I had horded. Gorg was the lone rare blade I got from the 99 commons I opened. I got Adenine, Electra, Dagas from 60ish rare core crystals opened.

I then I got KOS-MOS after five legendary cores! I had been opening those between rare cores after releasing enough common blades to max the boost to Justice.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Amppelix posted:

oh, but they do! the whole equasion has been datamined and is right here:
code:
Probability = max((sqrt(Luck stat) * 0.013) + 0.95, 1) * 0.01 * (100 + 5 * [Idea Multiplier]) * [Core Rarity] * [Blade Base Probability]
in which core rarity is 1, 1.5 or 3 for common, rare and legendary cores

or to put it much shorter, legendary cores have triple probability to pull rares

I guess it's hard to notice since the probability is so low that you'll still probably get them on Common cores just due to having so many more of them (unless you're only farming Legendary ones I guess).

OhFunny posted:

I had eight random blades left to collect, so tonight I pushed Nia's Luck into the 900s and used all the core crystals I had horded. Gorg was the lone rare blade I got from the 99 commons I opened. I got Adenine, Electra, Dagas from 60ish rare core crystals opened.

I then I got KOS-MOS after five legendary cores! I had been opening those between rare cores after releasing enough common blades to max the boost to Justice.

How did you pull this off? I have trouble getting mine above 400 (granted I'm only level ~75, but still).

One thing I realized that I've actually been quite lucky with during this playthrough is getting the right Blades on the right people. I have everyone on the drivers I want them on and still have some overdrive protocols to spare.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

How did you pull this off? I have trouble getting mine above 400 (granted I'm only level ~75, but still).

Get three blades with luck modifiers, give them weapons that boost luck by 50 (if possible, some blade types can't do that), equip accessories that boost the character's luck (some boost it by a percentage and others by a flat number, equip one of each), at high enough levels that will get you into the 900s.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I guess it's hard to notice since the probability is so low that you'll still probably get them on Common cores just due to having so many more of them (unless you're only farming Legendary ones I guess).

One thing I realized that I've actually been quite lucky with during this playthrough is getting the right Blades on the right people. I have everyone on the drivers I want them on and still have some overdrive protocols to spare.

To go into more detail than ajkalan:

I have Nia at 99 and her base luck is about 380. I equipped her with a Bunnit Choker (+22 luck) and Goddess Choker (+27% luck). There are better items than these. Gold Gear Choker gives +22-27 Luck and Comet Choker gives +30-32%, but the former are what I had on hand.

I then equipped two blades (not on NG+ so Dromarch stays) with Luck Mod. You can see which blades have Luck Mod on the second stat page of a blade or just scroll through the list while watching the luck stat. I gave all three core chips that gave flat +50 luck. Ureilite Chip for Dromarch, Magnet Chip for fist blade, Amethyst Chip for the bitball blade. Ureilite and Magnet Chips will also give +50 luck to axes and spear blades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Latest tweet is ostensibly information about Taion, but is actually LORE instead

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/1536611094323933184