Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/armed-person-texas-summer-camp-killed-police-officials-say-rcna33291

Only the (alleged) would-be shooter is dead, but still, the fucker came way too close to carrying it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
Nobody wants to be the next Uvalde PD.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

worm girl posted:

Nobody wants to be the next Uvalde PD.

Potentially the ONLY Good to come from that police dept.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Open-carry Texas is gonna be total bedlam here in a bit

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

MrQwerty posted:

What, you mean I can't walk around with a gun without getting shot? This is AMERICA.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Trump's Tots all grown up and on meth :3:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Regalingualius posted:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/armed-person-texas-summer-camp-killed-police-officials-say-rcna33291

Only the (alleged) would-be shooter is dead, but still, the fucker came way too close to carrying it out

Maybe this was a good guy with a gun who came to protect the kids from Jason

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its because it would be an easy target. small probably mostly white town. cops will be either indifferent or too small to gently caress with them. my home town had them loving with local diversity mural.

The town also has a history with White Supremacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_Nations

quote:

In September 2000, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) won a $6.3 million judgment against Aryan Nations from an Idaho jury, who awarded punitive and compensatory damages to plaintiffs Victoria Keenan and her son Jason. The two Native Americans had been beaten with rifles by Aryan Nations security guards in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho in July 1998.[14][15] The woman and her son were driving near the Aryan Nations compound when their car backfired, which the guards claimed to misinterpret as gunfire.[16] The guards fired at the car, striking it several times. The car crashed and one of the Nations guards held the Keenans at gunpoint, beating them.[2][15]

The SPLC filed suit on behalf of the Keenans. A jury found that Butler and Aryan Nations were grossly negligent in selecting and supervising the guards, and awarded the Keenans $6.3 million.[15] A local attorney from Keenan's legal team said that the large verdict was partly to compensate the Keenans, but largely to punish Butler and his followers, and serve to deter similar conduct in the future.[17]

The $6.3 million verdict caused Butler to file for bankruptcy one month later.[18] As part of the bankruptcy process, the group's property was put up for auction. SPLC loaned the Keenans $95,000 to bid on the 20-acre property.[19] In February 2001, the group's Hayden Lake compound and intellectual property, including the names "Aryan Nations" and "Church of Jesus Christ Christian", were transferred to the Keenans.[15] Idaho native and millionaire philanthropist Greg Carr purchased the property from the Keenans, donating it to the North Idaho College Foundation. It has been converted to a park dedicated to peace.[20]

Local fire departments demolished some of the church's former buildings by burning them during training exercises.[21] Edgar Steele, the attorney who had represented Butler, was later convicted of hiring a handyman to kill his own wife. In 2014, Steele died while serving a 50-year prison sentence.[22]

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

mobby_6kl posted:

Maybe this was a good guy with a gun who came to protect the kids from Jason

drat, I was literally typing this out. Maybe people will be less likely to walk around with assault rifles if people think they are a threat?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

pro starcraft loser posted:

drat, I was literally typing this out. Maybe people will be less likely to walk around with assault rifles if people think they are a threat?

If maybes were babies...

... someone finish this for me, I gotta go work out now.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I. M. Gei posted:

If maybes were babies...

... someone finish this for me, I gotta go work out now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cCXsqiMqxo&t=3s

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Regalingualius posted:

ikts a really good thing all the teachers will have guns soon, so they can shoot all these other people will guns

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its because it would be an easy target. small probably mostly white town. cops will be either indifferent or too small to gently caress with them. my home town had them loving with local diversity mural.

:lol: buddy this is america where even a town of 300 with 18 cops has a tank and enough battle rattle to retake Fallujah :blastu::murica:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

ReidRansom posted:

has anyone said u-haul qaeda yet

They were just the vanguard, expect others

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The guy in yellow with the hitlerjugend haircut has the puffy face and trapezius of a steroid abuser. Which is especially hilarious because he's only like 23.

Also yeah the photos look like a case study in FAS.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Can someone do the needful and post that one panel from Preacher? You know which one

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Regrettable posted:

The town also has a history with White Supremacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_Nations

so does my old hometown. it has some nice little museums now but its still kinda of chud shithole. not shocked patriot front has some nests their since it was apparently the center of the klan in PA for decades.
https://www.thereporteronline.com/2021/10/31/editorial-boyertown-working-to-erase-scars-of-hate/
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/pennsylvanias-dark-history-of-hate

PA is weird state. i love her but she is a borderland of the south and the north and it shows.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 14, 2022

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Zefiel posted:

Can someone do the needful and post that one panel from Preacher? You know which one

:preacher:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/jonrog1/status/1536384712729473024?s=21&t=iYXAFehdDah3YbQTBMUoOg

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

that’s not how jeopardy works dangit :bahgawd:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I remember the PD's statement being very...specifically worded. Something like "None of the dead children were shot by police", which makes me think they either shot a teacher (doubtful, the girl that survived seemed to imply that both teachers were killed by the shooter first off) or shot some kids that survived.

Edit: holy poo poo, I had no idea that the teacher that survived lost his entire class. :smith:

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 14, 2022

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Im willing to bet they also don’t want all the (likely) horrific racist poo poo they were saying to each other while dicking around made public.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
There's also that bit of radio chatter that made the rounds on twitter where you can hear one of them say "they shot a kid?" I don't know when on the timeline that was but it's a peculiar choice of words.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Holy gently caress. I haven't gotten on the "shot kids" bandwagon yet, but jesus christ they're guilty of something.

Release the tax returns.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Really cool that they're gonna get Ken Paxton to permanently destroy the video evidence of loving around/shooting kids for them.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
From the CBC:

RCMP have to hit certain button

Making this smaller:

From a inquiry into what the gently caress happened with the NS shooting spree in the fake cop car that looked nearly identical to a real one, with very suspicious circumstances around that part not explained yet...

Their radio has a light on that says you can talk live. If the channel is already being talked on, your message gets queued, then goes. This doesn't take long, it just prevents overtalk.

From this, they determined that a large portion of them did not understand the simple function of their radio. Despite taking a training course on it.

EMTs were frustrated because they had no or only partial information on what where who.

I'm frustrated as hell and going to try to disconnect for a bit with it, but remember this.

Cops are dumb as gently caress and not your friends.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

KIT HAGS posted:

Im willing to bet they also don’t want all the (likely) horrific racist poo poo they were saying to each other while dicking around made public.

Mister Speaker posted:

There's also that bit of radio chatter that made the rounds on twitter where you can hear one of them say "they shot a kid?" I don't know when on the timeline that was but it's a peculiar choice of words.

WHERE IS WIKILEAKS?

MAKE ALL OF THIS PUBLIC NOW!!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

she is pretty hot for a ghoul

I was already gay but the mere idea of sexualizing Anne Coulter is so gross that it made me straight so I could turn gay again except now I'm double gay.

The Butcher posted:

That's exactly it. If it works or it doesn't, but you still loving try if nobody else better set up can help.

And you know how that might end. It's scary. Terrifying. But how do you live with yourself if you don't try?

Plus if you're a first responder you really should have the tools to deal with emergency situations where a door might not open easily. Schools tend to have heavy solid wood doors and metal frames around them. But they're not exactly unique in that aspect and I know it's a real stretch to expect cops to do their jobs as emergency response but they should loving be prepared for the unexpected.

mobby_6kl posted:

Gal Gadot would totally kick his rear end, wouldn't she.

She's former IDF so yes, easily.

Read After Burning posted:

:nms:, re. one of the Uvalde survivors:

"WEARING A MASK OR LEARNING ABOUT TRANS PEOPLE IS TRAUMATIZING OUR KIDS" :patriot:, meanwhile 11 year olds are going into cardiac arrest after almost dying in a school shooting.

The little girl that played dead and survived definitely mentioned him shooting through/out the window in the classroom's door.

Do you happen to have the GoFundMe link?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mister Speaker posted:

The guy in yellow with the hitlerjugend haircut has the puffy face and trapezius of a steroid abuser. Which is especially hilarious because he's only like 23.

Also yeah the photos look like a case study in FAS.
I think he was the pouty blue steel guy in the arrest pictures.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

CPL593H posted:

I was already gay but the mere idea of sexualizing Anne Coulter is so gross that it made me straight so I could turn gay again except now I'm double gay.

Plus if you're a first responder you really should have the tools to deal with emergency situations where a door might not open easily. Schools tend to have heavy solid wood doors and metal frames around them. But they're not exactly unique in that aspect and I know it's a real stretch to expect cops to do their jobs as emergency response but they should loving be prepared for the unexpected.

She's former IDF so yes, easily.

Do you happen to have the GoFundMe link?

Apparently crime is really easy to pull off in Uvalde because all you need to do is lock your doors and the police can't catch you.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

FoolyCharged posted:

Apparently crime is really easy to pull off in Uvalde because all you need to do is lock your doors and the police can't catch you.

Further proof that we need stricter door control in America.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

MrQwerty posted:

Don't worry, scotus is about to rule on making open carry a nationwide thing!

https://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/new-york-state-rifle-pistol-association-inc-v-bruen/

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

CPL593H posted:

Further proof that we need stricter door control in America.

I hope this isn't a joke because Trump and Cruz have been legit saying this.

They reword it has "hardening our schools" but luckily it has caught on as well as "spygate" and "the UNselect committee" has.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Apparently a shooting just happened in some kiddie camp in Texas, but the shooter is dead (shot by police), and no kids got hurt.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

busalover posted:

Apparently a shooting just happened in some kiddie camp in Texas, but the shooter is dead (shot by police), and no kids got hurt.

Another one!?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

mobby_6kl posted:

Another one!?

Idk did you talk about this already?

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/13/us/texas-duncanville-summer-camp-shooting-fieldhouse/index.html

quote:

Police in Texas kill a man who fired his weapon inside a gym hosting a children's summer camp

A man was killed by police after firing his weapon inside the Duncanville Fieldhouse, which was hosting a children's summer camp at the time, authorities said

e: oh woops yeah top of the page, sry

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

"That's how it properly goes!" say the gun advocates ignoring the literal dead guy, and whatever emotional trauma the people in the gym suffered from being shot at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Re the thankfully thwarted attack on the Pride parade:

I legitimately do not understand the point of wasting so much time, energy, and money on hating other people so much. Like you could just not do these things and be happier. Why spend your life so angry?