Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Gaius Marius posted:

One of you guys paying attention to the drops wanna let me know if Wicker Man is confirmed?

So far no.

Halphas is confirmed for Level 14 Fallen, so never give up hope, anything is possible.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I can't believe I'm going to pay a lot of money on a special edition for extra stuff I don't really care for, and a game that I'm not particularly hype about. Or maybe the game will be insane and way better than the ps2 spinoffs.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I can't believe I'm going to pay a lot of money on a special edition for extra stuff I don't really care for, and a game that I'm not particularly hype about. Or maybe the game will be insane and way better than the ps2 spinoffs.

You could just not do that. That is an option. You don't have to buy things.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

So far no.

Halphas is confirmed for Level 14 Fallen, so never give up hope, anything is possible.

I never give up hope, especially when it's hopeless. Gonna rock out with my SwordBird bro and my Burning Lad

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I finished the Labyrinth of Amala on Nocturne and that was... something...

It started out as a fairly standard hardcore style dungeon but it ended up being a bit too gimmicky towards the end and the 5th Kalpa was barely there at all. It definitely peaked at the 2nd Kalpa, I think. Then the Metatron fight was kind of anticlimactic. It took a really long time to chisel him down with all his resistances but most demons at that level are immune to all his gotcha moves so I never felt like I was in danger of losing. Fittingly enough, it turned out to be quite a robotic fight. :v:

Either way, I'm a true demon now so it's time to go slap all my rear end in a top hat friends for being weirdo idiots. (Double slap for Chiaki, those manikin did nothing wrong. :argh:)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mud dolls don't have rights

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Junpei posted:

What has you apprehensive? Is it the visuals? The characters? The gameplay shown off?

The gameplay looks good but the visuals and characters kinda strike me as something you’d see in like a third rate JRPG that almost doesn’t get translated, not an SMT/Persona. I might be being unfair but I feel like there’s a massive difference between the stylishness of a persona and this art style

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I don't think it looks ugly or cheap at all, I liked that small cutscene we saw with Arrow coordinating an assault with his demons.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's giving me similar vibes to noted great rpg Digimon Cyber Sleuth. So i'm hype.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Prism posted:

You could just not do that. That is an option. You don't have to buy things.

i dont understand. its like you are using words but it doesn't compute. i see smt related stuff i buy it. h

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

a third rate JRPG that almost doesn’t get translated, not an SMT/Persona

Not that I'm saying SMT/Persona is third rate but they most definitely are the weird JRPG series that doesn't get consistently translated.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's giving me similar vibes to noted great rpg Digimon Cyber Sleuth. So i'm hype.

Yeah its cyber sleuth but smt and that means its Good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Unlisted Soul Hackers 2 English trailer dropped early:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac6I7zDOARo

e: pretty short, though

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wonder if I preorder digital it gives me both ps4 and ps5 version. Some games do that.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Pretty painless to order the CE earlier today. A far sight better than Nintendo's clusterfuck.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 5 Royal are all coming to The Gamepass and The Xbox, with Royal being the first this October, I think they said.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

P3P with ai upscaled backgrounds and no other improvements is very sad to see

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Saagonsa posted:

P3P with ai upscaled backgrounds and no other improvements is very sad to see

On the other hand people can actually play P3P now

Honestly this is very cool but I hope they all get switch ports too. I guess being on PC means you can steam deck them eventually but I would love to play the 100 hour rpg on a handheld

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

P3p would feel very odd on a console or PC. Probably should've went with FES

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

FES is a categorically worse experience in many ways, it's just better in that one aspect

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Agreed. FeMC > Fes

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’d far prefer FES over P3P. The static backgrounds lose so much personality of the 3D models and such.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

if only there was a Perfect Form of p3 with the qol and femc of portable but the environments and cutscenes of fes.......

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

chaosapiant posted:

I’d far prefer FES over P3P. The static backgrounds lose so much personality of the 3D models and such.

Yeah, that's what I remember reading about the various releases of Persona 3; P3P had FeMC, QoL changes and some other new content, but it sacrifices the presentation of FES.

I had always planned (if I ever got to Persona 3, seeing as I still have P4G on Steam to play, and P5R to buy at some point) to play FES over P3P.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

why does atlus hate the switch,

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
One of you forgot to buy SMTV DLC

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

PSP ports require powerful, girthy hardware that the Switch just doesn't deliver.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

YggiDee posted:

forgot is a funny word

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
dont look at me, i bought P5 strikers twice

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Strikers being on the Switch but actual P5 still not is kinda weird but also v funny.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

YggiDee posted:

It wasn’t me

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

YggiDee posted:

I bought all the DLC except for the grinding DLC so I'm part of the problem.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I bought the Nocturne remaster on Switch if that counts. :v:

And I just finally finished it. I went for the true demon ending mostly just because I wanted to do all the content on a single playthrough and it turned out to be pretty metal. Though I looked through the other endings on youtube and I think freedom is my favorite just for the :3: factor. (And as usual law was just creepy)

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
P3P also lacks The Answer, which is a significant point in its favor. They made the right call.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The Answer is Canon. FeMC is not.

Should be FES.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Answer is bad and sucks, and FeMC doesn't, glad it's Portable

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I like The Answer gameplay wise for letting me mix up the join times of characters a little and I also liked Metis.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

femcs cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5O_jq1CSv0