Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

it’s cheugy, ma’am

:corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ex post facho posted:

the democrats are a waste

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Young Boomers (18-29) split 50-50 Reagan Carter in 1980.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Willa Rogers posted:

the term is cluegy cheugy, not cringe.

get with the times, grandma!

:doh:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i can't wait to dab on the democrats in november

because they will be destroyed

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Lib and let die posted:

never thought I'd see cspam turn on willa.

dark times.

banned by dailykos, essentially banned by dailykoos; I'm running out of venues in which I'm able to be a prophet without honor. :sad:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

ex post facho posted:

cam we shut the gently caress up about generations and focus on the real issue, the democrats

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

willa is under cspam mod protection

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

what does willa know if the mods are willing to stick their neck out for her? some real hosed up poo poo must be going on behind the scenes if they won't let cspam have their annual boomer blood sacrifice

oh well, may the blood of the dems in 2022 be a fair substitute

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this is the culmination of willas 15 year forums project to groom a bunch of idiot college obamailures into a cadre of elite dem destroyers please golf clap respectfully

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of gently caress You Grandpa

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
No you shut the gently caress up GrandDAD

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lastgirl posted:

No you shut the gently caress up GrandDAD

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

there is a specter haunting europe, the specter of geritol

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1536874962178416641

lol very cool

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

oh sure but I'm still allowed to be annoyed with people who interact with the contrivance from a different perspective than my own, aren't I

As long as I'm allowed to be annoyed at you for being annoyed!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

ikanreed posted:

It's almost halfway through 2022 and I'm aggravated to find out the democrats continue to exist

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
trust the process. we all knew destruction wouldn't truly begin until november

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

steadily becoming convinced that you have a similar sense of entitlement as your generational peers actually. what people are saying here is that boomers, on average, have worse political views.

Arbitrarily averaging together people based on whether they were born before or after noteworthy events is just another example of OJ Simpson's Paradox.

Half the reason boomers are the worst is that they're the whitest generation. Once you control for race, white zoomers aren't much better than white boomers.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

PerniciousKnid posted:

Arbitrarily averaging together people based on whether they were born before or after noteworthy events is just another example of OJ Simpson's Paradox.

Half the reason boomers are the worst is that they're the whitest generation. Once you control for race, white zoomers aren't much better than white boomers.

lol at missing the point you made. try correcting for class

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PerniciousKnid posted:

Eh, I dunno, white zoomers have contributed a lot less to loving up the planet than white boomers

That's where all of this breaks down for me, even the poor boomers hosed up the planet and put us on a track to a hosed up climate before any of us were born. Yes, the rich ones were even more responsible and no war but class war. But I don't buy the #NotAllBoomers stuff, they are uniquely hosed up (and I'm including our geriatric Silents and Greatests who keep hanging on to the levers of power in there too)

WampaLord has issued a correction as of 02:18 on Jun 15, 2022

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How can you have these two ideas in your head at the same time, 1) there is no democratic process in the United States, it is a series of rigged shows as the ruling class utilizes both parties to ensure capital remains firmly at the wheel at all times and 2) lol gently caress those old people for voting for Nixon/Carter/Reagan etc.

By that line of thought zoomers are responsible for trump and Biden, which sure, gently caress it why not

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

WampaLord posted:

Eh, I dunno, white zoomers have contributed a lot less to loving up the planet than white boomers

Well yeah they're like 20, when most boomers were 20 the first climate change articles were just coming out. White zoomers will surely do their own stupid regressive poo poo that will be obvious in forty years, assuming they have similar opportunity to do so.

mawarannahr posted:

lol at missing the point you made. try correcting for class

I could type reasons all day, the point is generation war is stupid and if you engage with it more deeply than as a silly joke then you are double stupid.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i remember a zoomer who pokemon went to the polls to vote for Trump ironically and then freaked out about it for clout on twitter in december 2016 so yes

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

How can you have these two ideas in your head at the same time, 1) there is no democratic process in the United States, it is a series of rigged shows as the ruling class utilizes both parties to ensure capital remains firmly at the wheel at all times and 2) lol gently caress those old people for voting for Nixon/Carter/Reagan etc.

By that line of thought zoomers are responsible for trump and Biden, which sure, gently caress it why not

i can believe that a generation was conditioned to do the shittiest thing possible for the shittiest reasons possible by a small group of powerful individuals. i can also believe that doing lovely things because you were taught to do them does not change the material fact that you did incredibly lovely things, especially when material damage has been done to others.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 02:48 on Jun 15, 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
every day is one day closer to the Democrats getting destroyed in November

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Willa Rogers posted:

I'm genuinely baffled as to why you aren't celebrating the hundreds of thousands of american boomers who've died of covid. :confused:
that would be pretty dumb

Willa Rogers posted:

edit to lol at the parenthetical "(some)" after your rants itt. You're learning!
it's more that I'm spelling things out for you very clearly so you have less room for an uncharitable reading of my words, Willa

MSDOS KAPITAL has issued a correction as of 02:51 on Jun 15, 2022

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
okay, gonna steamvalve a little bit here because the ridiculousness of a "not all [x]" argument aside, boomers held/hold more material wealth than any generations following them but i'm sure everybody is being unfair to the senior citizens for knowing a better standard of living than we will ever know and thinking everybody else is just loving lazy.

terry prachett wrote about how a person saying they've been wronged is like a person saying they're thirsty -- telling them they're wrong makes you look like an rear end in a top hat.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 02:53 on Jun 15, 2022

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
there is not a single issue where my ideals align with actions of democrats. they are wrong all the time just like republicans are. they are a terrible party and i'm glad that they are going to lose terribly in november

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the last boomer death i cheered about was... wait, which of the two koch brothers was it that had more of that innsmouth look to them?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorry, i remember now: the last boomer death i was genuinely cheered by was rush fuckin' limbaugh.

mountainwalrus
Jan 23, 2020

The dems are losing south Texas and the valley. demographics are destiny!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Stereotype posted:

there is not a single issue where my ideals align with actions of democrats. they are wrong all the time just like republicans are. they are a terrible party and i'm glad that they are going to lose terribly in november

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the reductivism to satirically crying NOT ALL BOOMERS has been a conservative & neolib trope forever, as part of the greedy geezer excuse for austerity.

the irony is that by making a random set of people born between a time period your mortal enemies (aside from the handful of gay, minority, female & lower-income boomers ofc, not to mention those boomers already dead of war, aids & covid), you show the same sort of shallow analysis as the shallowest sort of libs or chuds.

boomers are not your enemies; the wealthy & the powerful are, whether it's mark zuckerberg (millennial), nancy pelosi (silent), elon musk (xer) or bill gates (boomer).

but go ahead & hate if it serves some emotional outlet, whether it's bc you hate your boomer parents, your boomer bosses, or your boomer politicians. I'll maintain to my not-so-distant last breath that the reason you were trained to hate a particular generation was a diversion from the one true war.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

most people here live in the demon cracker empire so you’re all complicit too

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
“America is a bad country full of bad people”

*busts through the wall like the koolaid man* woah now just one second actually you’re clearly just generalizing and many Americans are good and you need to be respectful of them and turn your anger at the true villains: four people whose obscene wealth ensures they are completely immune to any public pressure or consequences.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

but go ahead & hate if it serves some emotional outlet, whether it's bc you hate your boomer parents, your boomer bosses, or your boomer politicians. I'll maintain to my not-so-distant last breath that the reason you were trained to hate a particular generation was a diversion from the one true war.

The war against the silent generation?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

docbeard posted:

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of gently caress You Grandpa

who do i blame if my Grandpa is dead

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Willa Rogers posted:

the reductivism to satirically crying NOT ALL BOOMERS has been a conservative & neolib trope forever, as part of the greedy geezer excuse for austerity.

the irony is that by making a random set of people born between a time period your mortal enemies (aside from the handful of gay, minority, female & lower-income boomers ofc, not to mention those boomers already dead of war, aids & covid), you show the same sort of shallow analysis as the shallowest sort of libs or chuds.

boomers are not your enemies; the wealthy & the powerful are, whether it's mark zuckerberg (millennial), nancy pelosi (silent), elon musk (xer) or bill gates (boomer).

we're complicit

none of us is free of imperial sin

even the smug preening communists who touch computer, they're agents of capital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masculine Thrust
Apr 23, 2022

LastInLine posted:

The services themselves suck but if you're the kind of person who rotates between like ten different meals you know how to cook it's nice in that the recipes they send you are actually easy to make and usually pretty good and you can just buy poo poo to make them yourself. Of course I didn't pay for it but as an idea provider for a week I'll admit that it did get one or two easy dishes into the rotation.

I've asked my dad many times how this didn't radicalize every single American and have never gotten a satisfying answer. The government is literally plucking you out of the prime of your life to fight for something obviously bullshit and you get back and still believe the hype? What the gently caress is wrong with you, I've never been sent anywhere and I'm ready to flush the whole thing down the toilet.

The US dependency on a relative handful of well trained and extremely well equipped troops with high tech force multipliers is not only a boon for the MIC, but also huge cope because the USG no longer thinks it can actually field a big army of conscripts because of how disobedient the soldiers and allied anti war movement was.