Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Only trust 1-6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Silksong is coming out 7️⃣

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nice

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

for me to poop on

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Idgi

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Read the room Fixins.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

the popular ALTUS franchise Persona is coming to Nintendo Switch and you should be very excited for it

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Persrana

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

the popular ALTUS franchise Persona is coming to Nintendo Switch and you should be very excited for it

Finally

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hyped to play Persona 5 Royal on the Nlntendo Swltch.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

never heard of it

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Man the entire idea of the 8bitdo Lite 2 sucks rear end.

That's a bad controller for people who want a bad controller.

Circle pads already exist, those sticks make it useless for any purpose where it has any advantage over the Pro 2. Man that's a rough whiff.

I'm weird enough to like the original Lite, and it's... in every way superior to the Lite 2 except the shoulder buttons? Impressive, really.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That’s right folks, the Switch is no longer considered a modern platform.

https://twitter.com/atlus_west/status/1536885353730125824?s=21&t=KpOFjBcUUwkuIYLhtwBzMw

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Atlus just leaked Switch Pro!? 👀

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

hatty posted:

Atlus just leaked Switch Pro!? 👀

It's called the Steam Deck

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
it'd be funny if the trailer ran at like 13fps

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm interested in trying the steam Derck but if I join the queue now I'd probably never get one. Oh well

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I still think they’re maybe holding back for the next Direct. I mean they gotta know it would sell a poo poo ton more on Switch than Xbox.

If not, I’m happy I could at least play them on my computer.:shrug:

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

now release persona 2 for switch

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

endlessmonotony posted:

Man the entire idea of the 8bitdo Lite 2 sucks rear end.

That's a bad controller for people who want a bad controller.

Circle pads already exist, those sticks make it useless for any purpose where it has any advantage over the Pro 2. Man that's a rough whiff.

I'm weird enough to like the original Lite, and it's... in every way superior to the Lite 2 except the shoulder buttons? Impressive, really.

Agreed, but they also announced this at the same time, and I think this is rad. https://www.8bitdo.com/lite-se/

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

American McGay posted:

It's always been post-modern

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Bleck posted:

Agreed, but they also announced this at the same time, and I think this is rad. https://www.8bitdo.com/lite-se/

That is rad.

With a set of programmable shoulder buttons and recessed pads instead of joysticks, it'd actually be the perfect answer to my troubles too.

And X-Input for compatibility I guess.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AlphaKeny1 posted:

now release persona 2 for switch

Yes please, Persona 2 is the only one I haven't played or finished yet.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bug Squash posted:

I hope they bring back the big stupid spectacle fights. Yeah I know the Bayo2 fights are mechanically better, but playing a Bayo I want it as maximalist as possible and nothing in 2 quite had the visual impact of the Archangels.

i mean mechanically the Jeanne fights were way better than Masked Lumen and Loptyr/Aesir was kinda just annoying in every form you fight him in.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Red Rox posted:

Only just realised that my switch can now connect to my Bluetooth headset. So weird that they didn't have that at release - I was told the switch Bluetooth wasn't strong enough but lol? Nice bonus I guess.

I was thinking of buying a 8BitDo Pro 2 controller to use for both Switch and PC games. Will it work with my switch out of the box, or do I need that USB adaptor?
There's a switch on the back of the Pro 2 that allows you to change the controller's mode between XInput, DInput (used by older Windows games from before XInput was established), "Android" (though IIRC DInput mode will work on most Android devices as well), and Switch modes. The Switch mode will work as a Switch controller without anything else, but as someone else said unofficial controller's can't wake up the Switch from sleep mode, so you may want to keep the joycons nearby for that purpose.

Walla posted:

Just keep a joy con nearby. Or just keep it in sleep mode, since pressing the Home button on any controller wakes it up.
Unless there's a firmware update for either the Switch or my Pro 2 that I've missed, you need to use the system's power button or the joycons to wake up the Switch.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I got a bunch of knockoff controllers that all wake up the switch from sleep mode???

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Are any of them the 8BitDo Pro 2? I'd love to know if I'm just doing something wrong, but mine does not wake up the system from sleep mode when I press the Home button. And it's not just the Pro 2, my Split Pad Pro won't wake the console either.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

They’re all cheapo binboks or PowerAs, sadly

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

American McGay posted:

never was

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/CyrilleImbert/status/1536988250937729025?t=MQwwno28Kp5IkfLXk4Yu0A&s=19

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Reviews are out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldA-sap8RBc

This is a good one. Main complaint is that co-op, while very fun, gets chaotic and confusing.

Sounds like a blast to me :getin:

8/10 from them. They also show off some later levels, and I'm glad to see the auto-moving levels (can't think of a better name for them), like the surfboard stage in TMNT 3. So it's not JUST 'walk to the right', there's some extra depth there.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I wonder if that was the idea wit SoR4 before it was hit. Or did they always plan DLC? As it stands the DLC for that game was incredible. And only 8 bucks.

Yes I know it's different developers, but the publisher's the same.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Reviews are out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldA-sap8RBc

This is a good one. Main complaint is that co-op, while very fun, gets chaotic and confusing.

Sounds like a blast to me :getin:

8/10 from them. They also show off some later levels, and I'm glad to see the auto-moving levels (can't think of a better name for them), like the surfboard stage in TMNT 3. So it's not JUST 'walk to the right', there's some extra depth there.

I'm so excited for this

ign:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4O7ZkBiBeU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Good, this is how devs should approach DLC in the first place.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Does TMNT run at 60fps on Switch?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

they've already done one fakeout before---vehemently telling everyone at every turn "we're sorry but we didn't have time to make Casey Jones guys" the past few months---so they def can/will do it again to safeguard DLC plans. Probably won't be for a long while but maybe in a year they'll drop something

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Put The Bouncer on Switch imo

e: yes I know this is the least likely thing on the planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

dr.acula posted:

Put The Bouncer on Switch imo