Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
313 in progress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I was watching the hot tub episode, and there's one line where Francine mentions it was the best sex she ever had...with Stan.

Got me wondering, who was the best you ever had Francine? Out of those thousands and thousands of plants in your secret sex garden which one was the best plant?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't know, maybe the time she did Dexys Midnight Runners?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
All those bouncers. And the guy before her and Stan’s wedding.

Look, there’s a whole sex garden.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

TheFattestPat posted:

Got me wondering, who was the best you ever had Francine? Out of those thousands and thousands of plants in your secret sex garden which one was the best plant?

ME

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
"The stuffing wipes itself on the way out" really hit me hard recently when i started thinking about all the implications of it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

On a rewatch gotta have to say s14e6 "Lost Boys" is a contender for best episode of the series. You've got a great Roger/Steve plot, a great Roger/Klaus subplot and everything about Jeff's ability to judge house bones.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

You know what American Dad line plays in my head a lot? In Rabbit Ears Stan gives this little "No thank you" to Tuttle just before kicking him in the chest, and now that line delivery and scene goes through my brain any time I encounter something I don't want.

Gross moldy sandwich found in the back of the fridge? "No thank you" (kick)

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Every time I see a bottle of Decoy wine my mind replaces Decoy with Rain Duck and I start thinking about Nebuchadnezzars.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Not exactly a line but sometimes I think about the absurd deaths in recent seasons. The lumberjack who tries pulling two parts of the plane together, actually succeeding for a second, or the pedophile chasing Stan with a gun out before tripping on a root and blowing his head off. The leaf blower bit, too.

On that note It's fun how they can get good plotlines out of Stan when Seth doesn't wanna voice him.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

limp_cheese posted:

Every time I see a bottle of Decoy wine my mind replaces Decoy with Rain Duck and I start thinking about Nebuchadnezzars.

Everything about the first appearance of Rain Duck is amazing.

"Oh ho ho ho, you bitch. You didn't. Stupid, stupid bitch doesn't even know. She is going to get the best bottle of wine of her stupid bitch life. Oh ho ho, she... she doesn't even know."

Crashing the car off the cliff.

The French store

"Can you hold my baby? I don't want him to see me using a landline"

"Wait a minute, there's no Grey Goose event in Reykjavik this weekend!"

The dominoes.

Francine marching over to steal the wine.

"You wanted both steaks!"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
You're out of luck...you're out of Duck. :smugbert:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://twitter.com/AmericanDadTBS/status/1534913218174386176?s=20&t=1HnPyC5FYFWoepHtW7cG6Q

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh man, it’s going to be Darren all over again.

https://youtu.be/2WZfVb7c5fE

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Who likes lists of stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdTjVyrbtAs

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I think I might have liked the Kim K episode more than everyone else. I mean, come on -- there was a golden turd segment and everything!

Also, I didn't realize that Lisa Kudrow didn't come back, but Paget Brewster owns so it all worked out. :)

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

YeahTubaMike posted:

I think I might have liked the Kim K episode more than everyone else. I mean, come on -- there was a golden turd segment and everything!

Also, I didn't realize that Lisa Kudrow didn't come back, but Paget Brewster owns so it all worked out. :)

I think I liked that episode. I have to rewatch it. I have to rewatch it all.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I DO like lists!

More shows should let the Weekend write episodes, he's got the chops.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
If The Weeknd co-wrote an episode but the episode actually got made, does it no longer count as fanfiction?

Also, every guest on the show has been somewhere between decent and awesome. I can't think of a single one that was actually bad (which doesn't mean there aren't any, my memory sucks).

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
about everyone hates the my morning jacket ep, so probably them

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I like the MMJ episode. :colbert:

I'm generally a sucker for episodes that involve Stan becoming obsessed with stuff.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

i have a friend who loves that episode, and i don't mind it at all, really

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

They ran the Hurricane episode and I have to say it has to be one of my favorite episodes. The line delivery that Francine delivers after Stan harpoons her is truly special and I think about it every once and while. "You harpooned me."

Its queued up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPeRbz20pWc&t=236s

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

limp_cheese posted:

They ran the Hurricane episode and I have to say it has to be one of my favorite episodes. The line delivery that Francine delivers after Stan harpoons her is truly special and I think about it every once and while. "You harpooned me."

Its queued up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPeRbz20pWc&t=236s

The best bit is the rampaging bear stopping its attack to shake its head, disapprovingly, at Stan.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

It's really hard to pick a dud episode of this series, because even the ones i don't particularly like are still very watchable and have good stuff in them.

Blagsnarst A Love Story, Hot Water, and The Shrink are ones that I place on the lower end for myself, but they all have something going on to keep them from being bad watching.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Glad this show still gets some love lo’ these many years later. Love the gang tag, all it’s missing is a Nutrigrain bar and a Mountain Dew. Agree it’s tough to come up with a truly terrible episode but the standouts really kill I think. Some favourites for me have to be the Vietnam re-enactment, stage play, first Santa episode and the rapture.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

The tbs era has a lot of stinkers but they do manage to have some good ones here and there

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Best Little Horror House in Langley Falls and Seizures Suit Stanny are my least favorite episodes that aren't American Fung.

A LOT of my favorite American Dad episodes are in double-digit seasons, and that feels really weird, lol. Obviously I have plenty of favorites in single-digit seasons too, but Criss-Cross Applesauce, Shell Game, Kloger, and the one with not-James-Hetfield as the water polo coach are just so wonderful. :allears:

edit:

Dongicus posted:

The tbs era has a lot of stinkers but they do manage to have some good ones here and there

A lot? Examples, please. I'm always curious about other people's tastes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Even so-so episodes have good bits that make me laugh, so it evens out.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Remember when I was super into Cleveland Show? Had it on all the time for the laughs?

Over did it.

Then I started having a little American Dad at night. That's where this quote is from.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Stanny Slickers II: The Legend of Ollie's Gold is probably one of the absolute best of early-season, box-ratio episodes.
Kidz Beat: "and i stepped on a eye"
Ollie North musical number
Haley Dreamsmasher Smith
the donkey as a counterweight, with a counterweight sash draped on it
Luke Fondleberg
etc.

just a really well-made episode overall that, back when it first aired in my youth, really cemented that this was the show for me.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm a huge American Dad fan. Don't watch it, just like being around it. Study it. Appreciate it. Watch it sometimes.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

As for me?

Super big fan of American Dad also.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Shut. Up. Mom. Get. Me. American Dad!

*fart-burps*

*falls asleep*

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I WANT MY LAUGHS TO HURT

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Can I play games with Steve dad?

No can do Stevarino. You only got an A- in math. You get that up to an A and I'll let you watch an hour of American Dad!

Oh boy! I'm going to go study!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Do you sometimes feel irritable? Restless? Uneasy? Sad? Normal? Or just-plain not high? Maybe it's time to try American Dad.

American Dad may cause shivers, night terrors, gay-for-pay, heart palpitations, homicidal paranoia, or the sensation that you're on fire.

Peeing blood and seeing friends faces as talking skeletons are possible side-effects of American Dad.

People who use American Dad may also experience five-to-seven years in prison, where brutal raping may occur.

If you experience one or more of these side-effects, consult your dealer. You may need more American Dad.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

https://i.imgur.com/VshtBIL.mp4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lol that could be an AD bumper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
When you're in the trunk of a Cadillac sinking to the bottom of the ocean, you either watch American Dad or you die.