Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Is that a reference to the Patton Oswalt bit?

Nah, just todd serenely pointing to a mountain in the distance, "we can go there"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Barudak posted:

Launch his own line of artisinal mountain hikes

that's more of a Josh Sawyer thing

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Todd's going to take over the leather game

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Space Jam posted:

white house press secretary

Bit late, Trump's brother Fred who was on the board of directors of Zenimax died (which allowed Microsoft to buy Bethesda, he was against it) so Todd's path to the White house has already closed.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

drunkill posted:

Bit late, Trump's brother Fred who was on the board of directors of Zenimax died (which allowed Microsoft to buy Bethesda, he was against it) so Todd's path to the White house has already closed.

Where'd you hear that? (That he was against it)

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Anyone here played Naraka? How is it?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Barudak posted:

Nah, just todd serenely pointing to a mountain in the distance, "we can go there"

tbf people could do that to me irl and I'd be like yeah probably but I'm not going to ever know for sure.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

MJBuddy posted:

Where'd you hear that? (That he was against it)

How was Fred Trump Jr against anything when the man has been dead since 1981? :trumppop:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

joylessdivision posted:

How was Fred Trump Jr against anything when the man has been dead since 1981? :trumppop:

gently caress. Zombie Trumps.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Space Jam posted:

white house press secretary

I can confirm the president has had programmatically generated conversations with the Russians and they’re open to multiple dialogue options

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

I can confirm the president has had programmatically generated conversations with the Russians and they’re open to multiple dialogue options

Haha, yes HATE NEWSPAPERS, too, buddy, HATE NEWSPAPERS, too.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

I totally get Bethesda wanting to hang onto the main line numbered Fallouts. But surely everyone at MS realizes it’s not a good idea to have 15 year gaps between major franchise installments of the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, right?

E: and Starfield, assuming that’s successful enough to become a franchise. “We’re so excited that so many of you have loved Starfield, and can’t wait to show you the follow up in 2037!”

The Illusive Man fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jun 15, 2022

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
343i moved to annual fallout game releases

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JBP posted:

343i moved to a salt mine

:pray:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

There was literally a 10 year gap between Fallout releases and it didn't matter.

The thing about these vast moddable games Bethesda makes is that each game has to be a spectacular that moves the dial or people will stop buying them. Ping ponging between Sci-fi and Fantasy settings while iterating on core mechanics is a good move for them.

(As everyone knows they really need a fundamental game engine change but thats a huge leap to make when money is being made right now)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

If I was bethesda I wouldn’t even want fallout anymore. Every time they touch that franchise, except for maybe 3, they get beat up from every direction. A smaller company even make a rush job asset flip into one of the best rpgs ever made, which had to be embarrassing for them.

They should focus on trying to capture lightening in a bottle with elder scrolls again like they lucked into with skyrim.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they made a fortune from FO4

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I guess my point is it doesn’t have to be their burden anymore unless they want it to be, which apparently they do so w/e

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

WHy would developing a game be a burden? thats literally their job. i doubt they really care all that much about the whingers.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A bethesda exec weeping in the living room of his third vacation home, gnashing his teeth at the indignity of working on a beloved, obscenely successful franchise.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bethesda after making billions from Fallout 5

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ugh that fuckin guy

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

priznat posted:

Ugh that fuckin guy

I first learned of this guy when he was doing a skit on Jimmy Kimmel and I thought he was a character the show had made up for the bit. Then I later saw him somewhere else and it was like oh poo poo is this guy not a lazy character in a late night sketch??

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

You should watch his appearance on The Hot Ones, turns out he's a real milk drinker.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oh this new game's gonna be good

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1536890763749244928

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

1glitch0 posted:

I first learned of this guy when he was doing a skit on Jimmy Kimmel and I thought he was a character the show had made up for the bit. Then I later saw him somewhere else and it was like oh poo poo is this guy not a lazy character in a late night sketch??

You watch Jimmy Kimmel?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Are you guys talking about DJ Kahled? Lmfao.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

i've never actually seen Michael Bay before and that is extremely not what i expected Michael Bay to look like

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i've never actually seen Michael Bay before and that is extremely not what i expected Michael Bay to look like

Somebody doesn't watch Jimmy Kimmel.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Feels Villeneuve posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PHw80S5TQ4

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

American McGay posted:

Are you guys talking about DJ Kahled? Lmfao.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Lammasu posted:

You watch Jimmy Kimmel?

I had to for part of my job don't judge.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

1glitch0 posted:

I had to for part of my job don't judge.
Quit your job.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Bit of a silly issue but my MS points collecting has gotten borked because now on Edge with the Rewards tab clicking the quiz just takes me to a regular boring page of search results and not the usual page with the quiz and pictures and article embeds. I have no idea what changed but now I can't get my streak anymore :sigh:

Anyone have this happen? I checked it isn't my adblocker or pi.hole, not sure what else could be doing it.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

What type of job makes you watch Jimmy Kimmel?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

You should watch his appearance on The Hot Ones, turns out he's a real milk drinker.

it's pretty nuts to watch a delusional narcissist do their mental gymnastics in real time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HYEC_FlgAg

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

Teaching a School of the America's elective class on Audio-Visual Torture

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm kind of curious what you expected. 50 something surfer dude is pretty much the only thing I could see him being.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
this is like harry potter where once you see the movie your mind forgets what face you had for everyone before. now ive seen him i cant remember. im pretty sure he used to be much older, fatter, balder, shorter, and grey haired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

Interrogator at a black site. It's a lot cheaper and more deniable than waterboarding or pliers stuff.