Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Hey remember when that Youtuber did this like a month after the show came out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Read After Burning posted:

My guess is they thought the picture on the right was of grits?

As a former Southerner who now lives in California...I know exactly what you mean, ha.

As a southerner who now lives in Colorado, same.

There is nothing that will reveal the classism (and often that special flavor of racism born of complete ignorance of black American culture) inherent in middle class libs like an opportunity to poo poo on the south.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

As a southerner who now lives in Colorado, same.

There is nothing that will reveal the classism (and often that special flavor of racism born of complete ignorance of black American culture) inherent in middle class libs like an opportunity to poo poo on the south.

Every time that happens I mention there sure are a lot of blacks folks in the south and they're not here because they enjoy mild winters.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

My guess is they thought the picture on the right was of grits?

As a former Southerner who now lives in California...I know exactly what you mean, ha.

As someone who has lived in California basically my entire life, Socal sucks.

Bay Area owns*

*except for the cost of living and the tech bros.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Dr Christmas posted:

Unfun fact about this: The school was shut down for the rest of the school year by a campaign of TERRORIST BOMB THREATS from people angry that the school was investigating the bullying of a trans kid. The school did drop the investigation because of it.

George Will completely neglects to mention this.

Washington Post: Democracy Dies in Darkness!

They know it works now, so heres round two :(

https://twitter.com/GBBranstetter/status/1536710084478255104

https://twitter.com/GBBranstetter/status/1536732656938979328

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

But those Christo-fascist terrorists just have a different opinion! Why are you trying to cancel them?????

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m less confused by the southern and more confused by the meal part
A succulent Southern meal? This is confederacy manifest.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Midnight Voyager posted:

I'll never forget my classmates reading Wuthering Heights aloud and completely failing to notice any red flag of any character in the whole thing. There's that bit where they offhandedly mention some kid is HANGING PUPPIES in the background and nobody but me noticed it. One of them got stuck on what "crow-cusses" are until I said that crocuses are flowers. She was charmed that someone was being given flowers. I wanted to die every time she said "That's so sweet!" It was never sweet.

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=322

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=323

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

joylessdivision posted:

Bay Area owns*

*except for the cost of living and the tech bros.

Having grown up in NorCal, lived in San Jose, then NYC, now Florida, I can think of no way I'd rather spend the remainder of my life than crawling on my lips to get back to the Bay Area. I don't care how many turds there are on the streets.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Data Graham posted:

Having grown up in NorCal, lived in San Jose, then NYC, now Florida, I can think of no way I'd rather spend the remainder of my life than crawling on my lips to get back to the Bay Area. I don't care how many turds there are on the streets.

same except i want to go back to socal. i love the desert. well different places. i ended up in rural nc.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OwlFancier posted:

People have not built giant underground bunkers to live in as a matter of course, clearly this is because I am the first person to think of doing this, rather than because there are reasons why it is a bad idea.

I mean, it's been done, just not on that kind of scale and only in places where it's both really dry and really hot.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Tell me you know nothing about Jesus without telling me you know nothing about Jesus.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1536848987361366022?t=Gk0veZ4wwlWT6V0FAmrncg&s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Literally the entire point of the book.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
OP not the idiot

https://twitter.com/GraphCrimes/status/1536872952926547968?t=QeaJ17h41QrB6IkM_swslg&s=19

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1536539644527005697?t=yRVrDfr9YXdy_0s5UK2UCw&s=19

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

joylessdivision posted:

eat poo poo you fogbound butthole

Data Graham posted:

Well I'm counting two so far 💅

I kid, I kid. I love people from southern oregon

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Midnight Voyager posted:

I don't know why reading the book aloud in turns is even a thing unless it's to torture any kid good at reading.
It's also a pretty bad time for the kids who are bad at reading. Also any kids who happen to be shy or uncomfortable with public speaking for any reason. Probably easier to count the people it's not torture for.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Skwirl posted:

Tell me you know nothing about Jesus without telling me you know nothing about Jesus.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1536848987361366022?t=Gk0veZ4wwlWT6V0FAmrncg&s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-SIPxWY3JQ

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Splicer posted:

A succulent Southern meal? This is confederacy manifest.

GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY PEANUTS

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Fuckin giant underground buildings have been futurists’ dreams since like the 30s

They have to build them before they can gently caress them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Untrue my dreams have been hosed many times without ever becoming real.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

lmao and of course Glenn had to chime in. It's amazing how the dumbest fuckers can look smart for a while by being contrarians

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

iirc this tweet was also written in response to some idiot trying to do real life squid game

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

There have been some youtuber squid game competitions and I think the most egregious one was by Mr beast

Not sure why Netflix is following that model but hey it is the same company throwing more money into stand up comedies by aging gen x Olds than actual series and movies

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Netflix is following broadcast and cable’s lead by leaning into cheap reality tv. If you make it, they will watch.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Tiggum posted:

It's also a pretty bad time for the kids who are bad at reading.
Coming from you, I believe it~

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

A bit old but I just saw this.

https://twitter.com/MaxKashevsky/status/1524013330725232642?s=20&t=aP5PMrhONHSc6_uuQlRgHw

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/iron_spike/status/1536871843059081222?s=21&t=majMEUX9OeksrB_cRP8KOg

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

empty baggie posted:

Netflix is following broadcast and cable’s lead by leaning into cheap reality tv. If you make it, they will watch.

To be fair at least in theory that's Netflix actually covering their bases for the people who like reality TV trash and such. But it's probably gonna have the whole thing devolving into it in the same way.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Do they qualify as idiots if they're just straight up delusional cult members? The Queen of Canada people make Sovereign Citizens look like Johnny Cochran.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I just keep trying to remember which Sam and Max episode this was.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Where are these posts being made, Canadian Twitter?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

See what living like this has done to us?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Sleepable houses" are a scam designed to keep us complacent

You shouldn't ever have to stop driving, in a constant bumper-to-bumper crawl, 24/7, hands off wheels as we join endless Zoom meetings, edging like Snowpiercer constantly toward the next gas station

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/boyists/status/1533928904175534081?s=21&t=c-tJ_iijKrxoRlFH-9EprA

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

acutally its good that they re invent bunkers because that means they get to die from lack of oyxgen during gen 1 where they forget air intake vents.

then in gen 2 they die because they only have one exit/entrance and angry people outside the bunker have built fires at the vents and the single exit/entrance .

If you read down the thread a bit he goes on to say "obviously this would be ruinously expensive and the ROI isn't there for public housing, so the trick is to convince the wealthy that they want to live a windowless underground death bunker¹ and thus reduce housing pressure on the surface", which casts the thread in a somewhat better light.

¹ I am paraphrasing slightly here

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It probably wouldn't even be hard to sell that to tech bros. Just gotta get the right angle.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Just claim it to be the biggest, most secure, impenetrable cold storage tombwallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

What the hell is the incoherent thing said at the end? It's the punchline but all I hear is a grunt

Also lol quoting a post of a tweet of a video