Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that was all a big mix-up. they were trying to unify the mid-south north american title with the wwf north american title. but they ended up reading it wrong and billing it as the south american title, and you can't go back on the billing. mid-south didn't know about it so they got lucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don’t mean to brag, I don’t mean to boast
But I’m INTERCONTINENTAL when I eat French toast

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Edward Mass posted:

I don’t mean to brag, I don’t mean to boast
But I’m INTERCONTINENTAL when I eat French toast

dogs love me cause I'm crazy sniffable

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I think the could have done the Wardlow thing better by just having him point out he literally just got a real AEW contract so he's not earned a spot in the battle royal, or how he got screwed out of his last TNT title match so he wants to finish that business before he moves on to the world title, but Bryan was ranting like it was a burial cause every wrestler should only care about the primary title or some poo poo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he did literally bury the champions of the belt though

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I’m not sure why Bryan is so upset about jobbers being in the CBR just cause its for the world title. There’s always jobbers in it and it’s always for a title shot.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
it's funny how nobody cared about geeks being in the CBR until the stakes were lowered. now instead of an actual title shot you win a match against the #1 contender.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Royal Rumbles feature jobbers all the time and the winners main event Wrestlemania, but facing Moxley to face Tana to face Punk destroys the credibility of a title? More double standards from WWE employer Bryan Alvarez

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's not a huge issue, but usually AEW's Battle Royales have been PPV sideshows so there's been a reason why majority of the big stars aren't participating as they're already booked. This latest offered a possibility to be in a PPV main event, so the lack of justification for several missing stars was somewhat baffling (especially before we got explanations for some of them).

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
Every battle royal should have Steven Richards in it, followed by a promo by the promoter asking who the gently caress wants Steven Richards to win

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MediaPlayerClassic posted:

Every battle royal should have Steven Richards in it, followed by a promo by the promoter asking who the gently caress wants Steven Richards to win

Stevie Richards should cover for Big Show whenever he goes on holiday

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w6A1S87zYM

I'm crying. Dave can't help saying "like, y'know". The phone going off halfway through is perfect

Ziggy Tzardust fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 13, 2022

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Here's Wolves v FTR incase anyone else is curious as I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp1qIKav8dg

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

edogawa rando posted:

I can't say I'm a fan of "top face (or someone pretty close to it) takes on guy who's already wrestled earlier in the show." It feels like an inherent heel move. The match was great, and I suppose it gives O'Reilly an out, and gives O'Reilly and co. potentially something to do.

He was already the #1 contender. If anything, him not simply demanding the shot he's owed is a face move.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ahhh, the recurring bit that Bryan simply doesn't understand that all points away from the North Pole go south.

How is this possible to not get

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

D.N. Nation posted:

Ahhh, the recurring bit that Bryan simply doesn't understand that all points away from the North Pole go south.

How is this possible to not get

I love this bit never dies.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The B&V Show, for all your information needs on Bryan Alvarez's hot dick.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Jerusalem posted:

The B&V Show, for all your information needs on Bryan Alvarez's hot dick.

Speaking of, anyone have workable links to the Pisscast archives?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
The Patreon shoutouts on Deadlock this week might be the most hosed they've ever done.

"Book Kidd Bandit...."
"WE DO! EVERY SHOW! I DON'T THINK THEY'VE MISSED A SINGLE SHOW WE'VE RUN"
"They were literally the promotions first match"
"We are constantly hugging Kidd Bandit"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

The Patreon shoutouts on Deadlock this week might be the most hosed they've ever done.

"Book Kidd Bandit...."
I can't wait for the video to be out to show James losing it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My favorite is when someone sets their patreon name to some elaborate bit but runs into the 80 character limit halfway thro

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is there a podcast that reviews the worst wrestling matches ever? Specifically I was thinking "every match that has a negative or 1 star rating" by Dave Meltzer?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Is there a podcast that reviews the worst wrestling matches ever? Specifically I was thinking "every match that has a negative or 1 star rating" by Dave Meltzer?

Not that I'm aware of, and I think you'd have a hard time making it interesting. A lot of the matches Dave gave negative stars to, he did because they're phenomenally boring; others are negative because they're absurdly short. How do you make Toru Yano vs. Jado interesting for a podcast audience? How do you even review Oz vs. Tim Parker, a twenty-six-second squash Dave apparently gave -*** to?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

disaster pastor posted:

Not that I'm aware of, and I think you'd have a hard time making it interesting. A lot of the matches Dave gave negative stars to, he did because they're phenomenally boring; others are negative because they're absurdly short. How do you make Toru Yano vs. Jado interesting for a podcast audience? How do you even review Oz vs. Tim Parker, a twenty-six-second squash Dave apparently gave -*** to?

Good point. It's an idea that I've been kicking around for awhile (I even have a name for it). I used to podcast and I really want to start doing it again now that my family life has stabilized a bit and I'm just looking for something to fill some free time!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Your #1 source for Bad Wrestling is of course, The Bad Wrestling Podcast.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I feel like Tim Parker

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

SalTheBard posted:

Immovable Objects: A Classic Wrestling Podcast

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/Pro2Lariat/status/1536750952979566592
Mostly talking about our experiences at DoN and the LA shows took a while since a bunch of us got COVID (I didn't as far as I know)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
DoN was apparently quite the super spreader event.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah no poo poo, no one was masked and there’s a super infectious variant going around currently lol

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

disaster pastor posted:

Yeah it'd be better to pick up the bad disaster type of matches like Hogan-Warrior II at Halloween Havoc.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

disaster pastor posted:

In concurrence, this is one of the choice few matches Dave's ever given -***** to: https://www.wwe.com/videos/junkyard-dog-vs-moondog-spot-the-wrestling-classic

It got MINUS FIVE STARS because it was short and pointless and dumb, essentially, moving on.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

projecthalaxy posted:

My favorite is when someone sets their patreon name to some elaborate bit but runs into the 80 character limit halfway thro

Laughed real hard this week at "Richard the Rooster"

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

DoN was apparently quite the super spreader event.

I somehow someway dodged it for the whole week I was in Vegas. I did have an N95 on for a majority of both Dynamite and DON though.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

explosivo posted:

The entire family of Poopticklers had me howling. Hell of a way to spend a few dollars

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Lance Storm’s anecdote about Christian and TiVo is incredible. ”You can’t fast forward live tv!“

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

don't get me started on magic the gathering

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

"Book Kidd Bandit...."

Lol
https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1537162667441332231
https://twitter.com/cmpuls3/status/1537164026165215232

I was initially really annoyed with Tony's super out of breath over the top laughter in a Rich Evans kind of way but I eventually grew to love it in a Rich Evans kind of way. It's hard not to laugh with them when they were laughing about this on the show.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 15, 2022

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

explosivo posted:

I was with Tony that I would've completely missed it had Johnny not called it out. It being in a run of real names was perfect.

Also busted out laughing on my flight yesterday at the Vampiro gimmick. Just a great episode all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought thjat pic above was aubrey debuting as a wrestler. sorry for my racism