Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
I got my order in... so hopefully it sticks onto the confirmation.

There's definitely been some specific GWPs / VIP rewards that have sold out immediately when they hit the store, I've definitely been burned by it before. But usually for something like this it'll be rarer (since it's $150 minimum)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Good opportunity to pick up the Brickheadz I don't have yet to reach the amount for the GWP. Now to find some time to actually build them...

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

deoju posted:

Minifig scale astin martin leaked...
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/vc9xwp
I'll definitely get it for $20.

Are those... Light grey wheel arches?! At last.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

The Tallneck is a bit bigger than I imagined. I think it might be my new favourite set.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
gently caress, the tallneck does look amazing, and I want it, but never having played the game it is based on, prevents me from buying it.

Guess I will pick the game up in the next steam sale then.

Cross-promotion works. :mad::v:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Tarquinn posted:

Guess I will pick the game up in the next steam sale then.

Do you like ubisoft style giant yet sterile and joyless open worlds where you follow map icons and engage in exactly the same stealth action gameplay you've played in umpteen other titles in the last 5 years? Do you enjoy collecting 23 robot grundles to expand the secondary ammo pouch on your tertiary weapon by +3? If so, go ham

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Fighting giant robots is more mechanically interesting than anything in any Ubisoft open world games I've played and that's the core of the game.

The setting is really good too.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Butterfly Valley posted:

Do you like ubisoft style giant yet sterile and joyless open worlds where you follow map icons and engage in exactly the same stealth action gameplay you've played in umpteen other titles in the last 5 years? Do you enjoy collecting 23 robot grundles to expand the secondary ammo pouch on your tertiary weapon by +3? If so, go ham

Every couple of years, yes. I have played and finished Far Cry 3 in 2013 and Far Cry 4 this year.

Might be too soon. Hmm.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Fighting giant robots is more mechanically interesting than anything in any Ubisoft open world games I've played and that's the core of the game.

The setting is really good too.

The setting is good but the story and quests are boring and generic and the facial animation makes all the characters painful to look at.

The combat I don't find particularly deep it's just trying to spam arrows at the weak points of the robots while dodging them when they charge. I mean overall its a fine game if you want a mindless open world follow the map markers style game but I just wanted to offer a note of caution because I bought it for PC expecting something mindblowing, given the press it received at the time back in 2017.

That it was even mentioned in the same breath as BotW is laughable.

Zelda lego when nintendo

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Lego needs to make an uncanny valley hellspawn child Aloy statue.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Literally A Person posted:

That is incredibly sweet! But as a gift I don't figure you know about how much it cost?
I found the invoice from the box and it's from "United Doggos" and cost $200, so, not a good price-per-piece but you are paying for the labor of someone creating the plans. It came with a PDF of instructions that was relatively close to what you expect from a Lego set and it uses genuine Lego pieces.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Butterfly Valley posted:

The setting is good but the story and quests are boring and generic and the facial animation makes all the characters painful to look at.

I was amazed how much better the scripting, camera work and animation was for the dialogue in the DLC for HZD compared to the base game (where it is quite bad at times).

quote:

The combat I don't find particularly deep it's just trying to spam arrows at the weak points of the robots while dodging them when they charge.

A lot of the harder enemies are set up so that you want to use a range of weapons to hit a range of weak spots, eg the quickest way to kill a Fireclaw involves 3 or 4 different weapons and hitting multiple different points. There's a huge variety in weapons and equipment and it's fun to experiment to find what works for you.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
The Danny Trejo side quest on Far Cry 6 was worth the price of admission and I won't hear otherwise.

And the DLC for playing inside Joseph Seed's head was pretty well done too, if not a little grindy. I loved that story though, so it was enjoyable to me.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

They're making avatar sets and the figures have long legs and I don't like it

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 15, 2022

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Oh my god those legs are so freaky.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
glad to see they're getting more use out of that mold

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Boco_T posted:

I found the invoice from the box and it's from "United Doggos" and cost $200, so, not a good price-per-piece but you are paying for the labor of someone creating the plans. It came with a PDF of instructions that was relatively close to what you expect from a Lego set and it uses genuine Lego pieces.

Thanks for this!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

edit - nm I'm a loving idiot

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Scipiotik posted:

Oh my god those legs are so freaky.

The long minifig legs don't bother me but I can't believe that's the final mold for alien-horse. The way the 4 front legs are clustered just looks terrible.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Prophet of Nixon posted:

The long minifig legs don't bother me but I can't believe that's the final mold for alien-horse. The way the 4 front legs are clustered just looks terrible.

I think it’s mostly a fundamental flaw in the design of the creature, and I think LEGO is doing the best they can here (though due to “Mario Pants”-like specificity, I might argue it would be better brick-built).

Way back in the day, I remember one of the VFX artists on Star Trek saying that the biggest challenge with making a tripedal alien was figuring out how motion would work and look natural, while making sure the “extra” leg wasn’t superfluous.

With this horse thing, it seems like the mid-legs would largely just be in the way of any sensical motion - most six-legged things distribute them mostly evenly along the body, if anything just so that they don’t collide with each other.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Prophet of Nixon posted:

That's from the movie design though.

I can't find a good pic from the movie, but here's the action figure.

It's just a weird design

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Blue Moonlight posted:

Way back in the day, I remember one of the VFX artists on Star Trek saying that the biggest challenge with making a tripedal alien was figuring out how motion would work and look natural, while making sure the “extra” leg wasn’t superfluous.

That’s actually really interesting to think about. I suppose if being tripedal was actually useful it would show up in nature, but it just doesn’t.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Butterfly Valley posted:

Butterfly Valley posted:

horizon rules BotW drools

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yeah if you lump Horizon in with an Ubisoft game you’re playing it wrong.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

AFewBricksShy posted:

That's from the movie design though.

I can't find a good pic from the movie, but here's the action figure.

It's just a weird design

Okay the Lego one might look a bit less crap than that figure. I don't even remember those from the movie, they must kick themselves in the shins a lot.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
That tree and bird thing look good

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Captain Duvel posted:

That tree and bird thing look good

The tree and landscape bits are kinda rad, not sure how I feel about the 'bird', I'd need to see some more shots of it. The chest/breast looks kinda messy.

Edit: I make things out of BYGGLEK though, I shouldn't judge.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It looks like a good source of parts in nice colors but the set itself does nothing for me and will probably be $100+ based on piece count.

I’m sure all three of the Avatar fans that exist are ecstatic though!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I remember part of the hype ahead of the first movie was how perfectly imagined Pandora was, and how when you saw it all together, you instinctively understood the evolutionary pressures that lead to every creature. And then it came out and it was "oh, everything has a couple extra legs and a USB gently caress cable"

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh we still have the Woody leg mold but the goat mold is gone forever

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Butterfly Valley posted:

The combat I don't find particularly deep it's just trying to spam arrows at the weak points of the robots while dodging them when they charge. I mean overall its a fine game if you want a mindless open world follow the map markers style game but I just wanted to offer a note of caution because I bought it for PC expecting something mindblowing, given the press it received at the time back in 2017.

Zelda lego when nintendo

This, but the opposite.

The 2nd game has the best facial animation of any game at this time. The story in the first game is quite good and it just continues in the 2nd, thought it gets a little far fetched. But whatever, it's science fiction.

It's a much better game than BotW. Both of them are.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Butterfly Valley posted:

They're making avatar sets and the figures have long legs and I don't like it
]

I got unreasonably excited (and also a little confused) until the images loaded because I thought you were talking about the other Avatar. :(

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Waltzing Along posted:

It's a much better game than BotW. Both of them are.

Before anyone else chooses to engage with this opinion, please remember that we have a whole forum dedicated to videogames.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Sorry for the accidental derail.

The Tallneck Lego model looks awesome, though. With it being sold out most of the time, I think most people agree, and hopefully we will see more cool vidyagaem adaptions. :toot:

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

The more I look at it the more I love it. My biggest worry was that it wouldn't get the scale right. Ingame those things are huge and literally tower over everything so I was worried that with a minifig Aloy next to it it would feel off, but it absolutely doesn't. I'm sure it's smaller than it 'should' be but it feels right.

Man, I really hope they do some more Horizon sets.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I was a little bothered with my Tallneck at the end because it seems like the disc should be perfectly aligned with the ground but instead it's tilted down at a 15 degree angle or something.

Mine looks like this video but the picture on the LEGO website looks a lot straighter. Perhaps it's just all tomfoolery with the camera angles though.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Went and found the premier picture I took at Brickfair 2011 in Chantilly, VA

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Boco_T posted:

Went and found the premier picture I took at Brickfair 2011 in Chantilly, VA

No microfigs suspended mid fall? C'mon son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Sivart13 posted:

I was a little bothered with my Tallneck at the end because it seems like the disc should be perfectly aligned with the ground but instead it's tilted down at a 15 degree angle or something.

Mine looks like this video but the picture on the LEGO website looks a lot straighter. Perhaps it's just all tomfoolery with the camera angles though.

That's weird, because my looks fine?