Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

DRINK ME posted:

Personal Help Requests:
2 were real easy, a couple of rings, common fish, some slime stone,some emberstone, just basic stuff.

1 is a real bitch with 250 strange letters required, not sure if I will finish that any time soon.

Buddy.farm for strange letter

I'm working on green cloak mastery so I'm (almost) overflowing with letters. Green cloaks are a good long-term project while I'm waiting for pets to bring herbs because the exploration zones (mostly highland hills and misty forest, with a bit of farm forest for leather) give tons of materials for other relatively easy masteries (amethyst necklaces, purple diaries, etc.), and any extra twine just goes to more nets.

Also currently grinding out any other masteries that seem within reach to get more gold so I can expand orchard / cellar. My inventory started outpacing my orchard about 3 weeks ago and I'm still not even close to being able to buy the next orchard expansion perk.

I'm also currently sitting on about 900 large nets, but not really in any rush to use them; I want to get the baboon and hedgehog to level 6 (for the golden crops) but after that all I'll have left at level 5 is the dog, pig, armadillo, and pet rock, none of which seem too useful right now (although I bet I'll need some of their drops for later quests). Even then that's only 6B more to finish pets and after that it's 10B upgrades or saving up for the 4x99 pets? I understand the new fishing zone isn't a very large increase in gold per net, but it's still an increase. So I'm wondering if it's worth burning the nets now and starting to stockpile those pet items, or wait until I get the new fishing zone unlocked? Burning all the nets on large island would also give me probably 3-4 grand masteries (and maybe another 1-2, or at least getting there) so that's also another billionish gold to factor in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Okay, wait a minute. I used a corn rune to finish a questline to access Lake Minerva and now I need two more???

Nooooooooo

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

I just hit my second billion….should I upgrade storehouse or get level 6 Macaw? I have all zones except the newest fishing zone unlocked.

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Vasler posted:

Okay, wait a minute. I used a corn rune to finish a questline to access Lake Minerva and now I need two more???

Nooooooooo

The corn hell quest gives you one and there is another quest line that needs 1 and gives you 2 right back.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Manual fishing on phone is sooooo much faster, even with mealworms. Just furiously tapping at the shadows and getting like 10 golden fish a minute.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

HelloNewman posted:

I just hit my second billion….should I upgrade storehouse or get level 6 Macaw? I have all zones except the newest fishing zone unlocked.

I just hit my second billion as well and I'm saving it for the $1B crop row hoping for a July 4th event. I'm super short on pets right now but i don't mind just large net fishing in LI while questing for a couple of weeks. Then I really need to up my pet game.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Tower Unlocked... I'm free :unsmith:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Xerol posted:

Manual fishing on phone is sooooo much faster, even with mealworms. Just furiously tapping at the shadows and getting like 10 golden fish a minute.

I refuse to fish on anything but my phone. gently caress all that clicking business on my computer.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I have for the first time since they were introduced used up my entire inventory of mealworms (1400+all bait saver perks). This got me 20 gold fliers. So I decided to blow my nets now so I could upgrade my bait farm to 250 mealworms per hour.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'm at like 250M & have no idea how y'all are hitting the billions. 79/80/83/73, only unlocked Ember Lagoon & Lake Minerva

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Large nets on large island are like 4 million each. Also once you get your farm buildings really going, you'll be grandmastering something every few days for a while which gives 250m gold for each one.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Klungar posted:

Tower Unlocked... I'm free :unsmith:

Great work, I unlocked it today as well. Now I’m not sure how high to go…

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The more I look at my personal help requests, the more I agree that I just don't know who they are for. Only one of mine is easily doable but the value just isn't there. There's one I'd like to do but 80 old boots is just not feasible at all. It's sort of like the 50 old boot trade in the exchange center. I don't know who is going to do that more than once because even if someone is trying to minmax but only fishing glass bottles from the Crystal River, you'll get 1 boot every 30-50 bottles.

Also, I submitted this improvement request related to Gold Fish:

https://improveloop.com/discussion/5367

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

Great work, I unlocked it today as well. Now I’m not sure how high to go…

I've only managed to get it to Level 14, as I forgoed Silver opportunities for a couple days to grind out the last Moonstones and Spiked Shells I needed, but I think Level 20 is the bare minimum you want to shoot for, for the +10% Sell Price Artifact. Level 30 is also good for the -10% Crafting Cost reduction, but less important since it doesn't impact Fishing. Level 30 is the max I can get to with my current Ascension Knowledge anyway, so a pretty good goal for myself.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Lawlicaust posted:

The more I look at my personal help requests, the more I agree that I just don't know who they are for. Only one of mine is easily doable but the value just isn't there. There's one I'd like to do but 80 old boots is just not feasible at all. It's sort of like the 50 old boot trade in the exchange center. I don't know who is going to do that more than once because even if someone is trying to minmax but only fishing glass bottles from the Crystal River, you'll get 1 boot every 30-50 bottles.

If they create that new pet and it dropped geckos as well as gold fish I would pay :10bux: without hesitation.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Maybe it's just because of where I am in the game but I don't get the boot complaint. Only takes about 10 large nets to get 50 of them and I'm always short on bottles so fishing there doesn't feel like a complete waste of nets (plus it's progress towards GMing those fish too).

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

monkeytennis posted:

If they create that new pet and it dropped geckos as well as gold fish I would pay :10bux: without hesitation.

Essence of Slime, Gecko, Tea Leaves, Striped Feather, Strange Letter, Spectacles, Sea Weed, Sea Dragon, Yarn, Pocket Watch, Old Boot, Aquamarine would round out a pet nicely.

Xerol posted:

Maybe it's just because of where I am in the game but I don't get the boot complaint. Only takes about 10 large nets to get 50 of them and I'm always short on bottles so fishing there doesn't feel like a complete waste of nets (plus it's progress towards GMing those fish too).

The Help Request I have is worth 10M + another 10M or so from the items I get.

50 Large nets is worth 200M+.

GMing those fish is really the only reason I'd use nets there.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sitting on 23 magna quartz. Please be kind to me, Mt banon...

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Xerol posted:

I'm working on green cloak mastery so I'm (almost) overflowing with letters. Green cloaks are a good long-term project while I'm waiting for pets to bring herbs because the exploration zones (mostly highland hills and misty forest, with a bit of farm forest for leather) give tons of materials for other relatively easy masteries (amethyst necklaces, purple diaries, etc.), and any extra twine just goes to more nets.
That’s a solid idea to get the letters I need, I need more masteries for more ascension knowledge so I might focus on that at the weekend.
I knocked off A Way Back 27-29 yesterday and now need 700 Skull Coins for part 30, so that’s on the back burner for a while.

I’m sitting on 11.5b silver at the moment and I can either climb a few more steps of the tower (currently on level 30) or get a level 6 Strange Onion. Really not sure which I’m going to go with, I’ve already got the 10b crop row and 10b storehouse upgrade. Probably leaning towards the onion so I can complete the pets and then get back to the tower.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Agh I’m stuck with a ton of quests that need green ferns and green dyes. What a terrible thing to need hundreds of. It drops rarely, the zones don’t give me lantern or net materials, and they don’t give glass bottle components either.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Looks like he added peach juice to skip the new personal help requests. I have one I’d like to skip but already completed the other two. Sigh. Luckily they’re tradeable

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Time to unload all the steaks you bought the other day.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My vineyard and orchard are quite pleased with the steak money

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

i'm an endgame (probably top 20) player, never occurred to me to look on SA for a thread tho

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
The thread spawned from the iOS games thread, when we were making GBS threads that up with farm talk.

Peaches are talk of the town but in-game notes for alpha players really interests me,
says it might stay alpha but I hope it gets pushed to all as I’ve been wanting something like that for a while. I tried using messages to write myself notes because you can send them to yourself+reply to yourself but once they get long enough the buttons disappear under the quest tracker and it’s just stupid to have to turn that off and on to make notes. Now I just have a page in Notion for my farm notes - which I use for all my note taking anyway.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

campfire posted:

i'm an endgame (probably top 20) player, never occurred to me to look on SA for a thread tho

Now I wonder, are you just someone who started really early or are you one of the whales, which is apparently like a unicorn in this game.
Really curious about your progress in tower and the like.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Tahirovic posted:

Now I wonder, are you just someone who started really early or are you one of the whales, which is apparently like a unicorn in this game.
Really curious about your progress in tower and the like.

i've been playing pretty much nonstop for almost a year, starting i think about 3 months after the game came out and i'm minmaxy in these kinds of games by nature lol, iirc i hit 99/99/99/99 around halloween last year. i've bought a decent amount of gold for inventory and to sell for stamina though, feels worth it given the amount of time i put into this game, but nowhere close to the real whales (some people spend an absolutely exorbitant amount of money on this game). you can also generate a pretty good profit if you're willing to keep an eye on trade chat and sell off stuff like rope/paste and whatever exploring materials you're otherwise voiding

i'm tower 100 and have enough AK to get to T148 if it dropped today (tho not nearly enough silver). pretty much all I do is grind grandmasteries and large nets at this point, either for silver from pirate cove or to weep as i throw thousands upon thousands of large nets into trash fishing zones chasing the last few fish GMs

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

My net worth is 13.5m, I just made 10m off of steak investment and am still new.

currently 32 boards hour / 16 wood

I have 3 options I think I can spend it on right now.
Storehouse for max inventory increases + more boards / wood
All board/woods
Half board/woods and half apple trees.

Any thoughts? I'm working on the math to try to figure out ROI on more boards right now but thought I'd put the question to the SA hivemind.

E: I forgot to add in the 1m crop row buy I think I should probably do.

Virigoth fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 15, 2022

Happysafer
Feb 12, 2007

"You idiots!"
I debated the 1m crop row, but decided to dump into boards/wood production instead. I think I'll make the money back quicker that way.

I need so many fruit for my chores today:
Drink 25 Orange Juice
Eat 15 Apples
Eat 25 Apples
Drink 25 Lemonade

That cannot be a healthy diet.

Happysafer fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 15, 2022

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Virigoth posted:

My net worth is 13.5m, I just made 10m off of steak investment and am still new.

All board/woods

Any thoughts? I'm working on the math to try to figure out ROI on more boards right now but thought I'd put the question to the SA hivemind.

I’d try and get your boards production up a bit I think but storehouse is a must purchase really. Once you get an extra 12 slots per day it soon starts to make things easier

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

rafikki posted:

Looks like he added peach juice to skip the new personal help requests. I have one I’d like to skip but already completed the other two. Sigh. Luckily they’re tradeable

Free peaches today, and mega beets!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Lawlicaust posted:

Good writeup.
In general i agree though a pet that gives nothing but rare items seems a bit powerful. Then again, the dragons do that already.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
It took me just shy of six months, but I finally have the capybara pet :)

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I finally uninstalled this game from my phone. I continue my life as a free man.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

buglord posted:

I finally uninstalled this game from my phone. I continue my life as a free man.

Ah, just going to play on desktop now?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Klungar posted:

Ah, just going to play on desktop now?

Heh. Its a fun game but my biggest pain points were all the jails and me having to subsequently rely on RNG for my escape keys. I used all my remaining gold on bank/interest rate upgrades and it my measly 140M in the bank in case I come back to this like next year.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Virigoth posted:

All board/woods

it's been a long time since i was in early game and the meta has changed probably somewhat but i'd say get storehouse as soon as it's feasibly affordable, the extra storage is a huge help early game and the earlier you start getting daily extra inventory the better. after that it's pretty much invest in boards/wood and use that to craft sturdy shields (or whatever other cheap juicy silver crafts your crafting level allows) for profit every hour and reinvest until you can start to afford orchard, at which point you should focus on getting fruit trees maxed to your inventory every day (after bonus fruit perks) as top priority pretty much forever

the in game library has pages called "sawmill silver" and "crafting advice" that are pretty applicable to your stage in the game in terms of how to generate silver and progress quickly

mega beet seeds are cool, i hope that happens to all seeds eventually (tho it would gently caress the paste market to hell) because GMing even the fastest crops is an absolutely excruciating process

campfire fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 15, 2022

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Your Exploring Skill Level is 98 and you have 1,775,341,000 XP. You need 224,659,000 more XP to reach Level 99.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Kaboobi posted:

Your Exploring Skill Level is 98 and you have 1,775,341,000 XP. You need 224,659,000 more XP to reach Level 99.

Grinding exploring has been by far the worst part of this game experience for me so far, and I'm considerably less close to 99 than you are. It feels mechanically incomplete, based on the sheer number of clicks demanded of players. Never mind trying to manage inventory limits in the midst of clicking off several thousand stamina at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Heads up - there's a new mailbox password, "Millions". It gives you 3 Peaches.