Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

crispix posted:

prob just cooking chocolate bulked out with the fat disposed of by catering operations and quarry dust

Also the shipping process post production of american chocolate are not great either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

crispix posted:

some news on those mysterious "American candy" shops https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61810743

(i think we discussed them here before?)

so the actual product is fraudulent as well as the business model, hmm

Not to worry as food standards will be lowered so that there is no discernable difference. :tif:

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

crispix posted:

prob just cooking chocolate bulked out with the fat disposed of by catering operations and quarry dust

It seems like Wonka bars are a favourite of this particular scam, I'd guess it being a combination of the simple branding being both easy to print and recognisable to kids but not readily spotted as counterfeit by adults. Apparently the last time, they were buying asda smart price chocolate bars for 30p and selling them for £3.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-24806690

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.
I don't know where I was going with this...

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Biggus Dickus posted:

I don't know where I was going with this...

You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? The perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

the face hugger is actually trying to escape from patels gob

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I can't lie to you about your chances. But you have my sympathies

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

crispix posted:

some news on those mysterious "American candy" shops https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61810743

(i think we discussed them here before?)

so the actual product is fraudulent as well as the business model, hmm

The fact that this went down immediately after the new council got in suggests the previous (Tory) council was in on the scam.

In other news, looks like the focus groups shifted:

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1537094373544009730

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Comrade Fakename posted:

The fact that this went down immediately after the new council got in suggests the previous (Tory) council was in on the scam.

In other news, looks like the focus groups shifted:

They still don't get it. The plan is morally abhorrent and that's all you need to oppose it. There is absolutely no need to get into a discussion of whether it's technically feasible or how much it costs, that just suggests that somehow it would be more acceptable if only it were cheaper.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Scikar posted:

They still don't get it. The plan is morally abhorrent and that's all you need to oppose it. There is absolutely no need to get into a discussion of whether it's technically feasible or how much it costs, that just suggests that somehow it would be more acceptable if only it were cheaper.

Yeah it's worse if anything. If you ARE going to deport them, don't penny pinch on that, Starmer would probably save money by launching them to Rwanda on a big catapult if it focus grouped well (it would).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also if you have to focus group it first that just means I have no faith you would actually do it. Fundamentally it makes very little difference what they say because their overwhelming record is one of being utterly untrustworthy at every turn. Corbyn wouldn't have needed to wait before having an opinion on the matter.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Scikar posted:

No no it's only "wrong" in that it just costs too much. Labour stands for sensible racism, implemented with maximum fiscal responsibility

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I've held off on saying anything about this because I don't want to poo poo-talk people I know... but it's just too much.

The Toriest couple I know, who I was previously able to hold off on being too judgey about, have just had their first kid and called her "Maggie"... AND I've just found out that the fella who was previously working private security is now working in immigration enforcement for the home office.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

WhatEvil posted:

The Toriest couple I know, who I was previously able to hold off on being too judgey about, have just had their first kid and called her "Maggie"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

One of the best of them all, still waiting for the middle right or middle top one to end up in some Facebook/mumsnet boomer meme about trans terrorism

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Remember when epic meal time was a thing

I don't know either but youtube is giving me very nostalgic suggestions for some reason. drat those guys ate a lot of fast food! Wasn't muscles glasses the coolest? How did such a ubiquitous internet culture thing fall off the radar so precipitously???

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If it helps there are probably a lot more internet staples that you just don't remember. You are but an island of momentary recollection adrift in an endless void of things that happend but are now unknown to you.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Charlie the unicorn

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

If it helps there are probably a lot more internet staples that you just don't remember. You are but an island of momentary recollection adrift in an endless void of things that happend but are now unknown to you.

the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Remember that cheezburger cat hahaha wow he was so hungry XD

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Lass I went to uni with apparently went to a school that thought bonsai cats were real and they had a whole assembly on how cruel and unusual it was and she was earnestly horrified when we laughed about it because she genuinely believed it was a thing that was happening

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Make a YTMND about it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

yes... yesssss

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Make a YTMND about it.

:roflolmao:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

ThomasPaine posted:

Charlie the unicorn

This somehow passed me by until I met my partner, who introduced it to me early in our relationship.

I don't know how it passed me, a long term highly internet poisoned person, by, but not her, but I guess we're talking about mysteries today anyway huh

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Member Arfenhouse?

Member Salad Fingers?

Member Cat Splat?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Barry Foster posted:

This somehow passed me by until I met my partner, who introduced it to me early in our relationship.

I don't know how it passed me, a long term highly internet poisoned person, by, but not her, but I guess we're talking about mysteries today anyway huh

"when you're down and looking for some cheering up / then just come / right on down / to the candy mountain cave" is still stuck permanently in my mind

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If ever we live long enough to be put into nursing homes this is what it's going to be like.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

a bunch of us senilely blaming things on joromy crombly without remembering what it means

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

I have a strong suspicion jezza will outlive me unless some far right maniac gets a bit bold given the shape he's in for his age so I'm looking forward to him still being blamed for everything as I'm on my deathbed

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm looking forward to him still being blamed for everything as I'm on my deathbed
Cause of Death: Jeremy Corbyn entered into ward through ceiling vent with a length of lead pipe.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

If ever we live long enough to be put into nursing homes this is what it's going to be like.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Barry Foster posted:

Member Arfenhouse?

Member Salad Fingers?

Member Cat Splat?

Salad Fingers is still quite enjoyable

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

ThomasPaine posted:

Remember when epic meal time was a thing

I don't know either but youtube is giving me very nostalgic suggestions for some reason. drat those guys ate a lot of fast food! Wasn't muscles glasses the coolest? How did such a ubiquitous internet culture thing fall off the radar so precipitously???

They ran out of ideas and the views/cashflow dried up, kept it up a long time though

Muscles glasses was an actor and left because he wasn't getting paid enough

I watched a yootoob video about it

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Yeah I watched a few of the later ones and it was just the one main guy quietly cooking and eating normally and saying things were tasty with barely any editing or music, which seemed a bit :effort:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What on earth is/was Epic Meal Time?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What if burger but very large

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Manly beardy sweaty man and chums buy lots of extremely unhealthy ingredients and make big frankenstein meals with as many calories as possible with them because they laugh in the face of heart disease and believe caring about your own health is very unmanly and only for nerds.

It was the source of the whole 'isn't bacon the best thing in the whole world ever' thing from years back, pure distilled early 2010s internet and just as dumb as it sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Josef bugman posted:

What on earth is/was Epic Meal Time?

If you ever saw the cultural meme of "bacon is epic" and "what if you took this meal and added BACON STRIPS!" that was because of those culinary geniuses on a youtube channel.