Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Testekill posted:

No it was clearly Blue Apron taking offence at Robert revealing their child hunt island.

nashona posted:

I thought it was Hello Fresh.

and that's why you bleep the name

robert evans you magnificent bastard

I just finished listening to The War on Everyone episodes and the show is so much more fun to listen to when there's a 10 pack of perrier on the line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I was there for the live show in Feb and heard it unbleeped and I'm not saying who the child hunters are

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

thecluckmeme posted:

and that's why you bleep the name

robert evans you magnificent bastard

I just finished listening to The War on Everyone episodes and the show is so much more fun to listen to when there's a 10 pack of perrier on the line

I listened to this on soundcloud (was it ever released in the podcast itself?). Anyway, great listen, but at the end soundcloud started to play ‘similar content’:

I had to look up who this was:

James Wesley, Rawles, (sic) a former U.S. Army intelligence officer and self-described religious separatist who once called Islam a “religion of evil and death,” thinks a “war of world views” may come as early as 2020. And he’s urging his readers to strategically relocate inland to red states.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
yeah it's all in the podcast too

I relisten to it on occasion, it's really good

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

mrfart posted:

I listened to this on soundcloud (was it ever released in the podcast itself?). Anyway, great listen, but at the end soundcloud started to play ‘similar content’:

I had to look up who this was:

James Wesley, Rawles, (sic) a former U.S. Army intelligence officer and self-described religious separatist who once called Islam a “religion of evil and death,” thinks a “war of world views” may come as early as 2020. And he’s urging his readers to strategically relocate inland to red states.

He's also a huge name in the survivalist and nutjob Christian fascist side of the prepper movement.

His website survivalblog.com has some good resources for preppers but holy poo poo is he a loving nutjob.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Bored As gently caress posted:

He's also a huge name in the survivalist and nutjob Christian fascist side of the prepper movement.

His website survivalblog.com has some good resources for preppers but holy poo poo is he a loving nutjob.

The only good resources for preppers are directions to mental health services

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Kingo Ligma posted:

The only good resources for preppers are directions to mental health services

Apparently you don't watch the news or haven't heard of the coming climate apocalypse.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Apparently you don't watch the news or haven't heard of the coming climate apocalypse.

I know this is hard for Americans to understand but you can't actually shoot a tsunami to death

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
But you can nuke a hurricane. The US is just too cowardly to try

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Kingo Ligma posted:

I know this is hard for Americans to understand but you can't actually shoot a tsunami to death

Are you dense or do you think all preppers are insane right wing idiots with lots of ammo and no food?

Robert is a prepper. Jesus, are you really this dense or did you just feel like making a joke?

If you're serious, I hope you have a decent pantry if there's a hurricane or any other natural disaster in your area. Hope you can quickly grab everything you need in 2 minutes or less if there’s a wildfire on the way. Hope you don't run out of gas cause you left the tank close to E on your evacuation route. Hope you don't die of heat stroke if the power goes out in your area as is expected in much of the U.S. this summer. Hope you have some way of getting in touch with family if there's any natural disaster and there's no bandwidth left because everyone is calling their loved ones so even texts are barely getting through. Hope you have an old radio somewhere when your phone batteries and battery backups / UPSs die.

When even the goddamn U.S. government admits that they're not going to be able to help you, maybe you should listen. https://www.ready.gov

Maybe take your head out of your rear end and take a look at the GIP preparedness thread. You might learn a thing or two. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941131&pagenumber=10&perpage=40

Or you could continue to make jokes and remain unprepared and be poo poo out of luck if there's an emergency.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jun 19, 2022

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Please don't make jokes on the comedy forum, it's offensive

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I find myself willing to take advice from someone who calls me dense in their first 2 sentences.

Just for that next time there is an evacuation im going to purposefully block evacuation routes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Are you dense or do you think all preppers are insane right wing idiots with lots of ammo and no food?

Robert is a prepper. Jesus, are you really this dense or did you just feel like making a joke?

If you're serious, I hope you have a decent pantry if there's a hurricane or any other natural disaster in your area. Hope you can quickly grab everything you need in 2 minutes or less if there’s a wildfire on the way. Hope you don't run out of gas cause you left the tank close to E on your evacuation route. Hope you don't die of heat stroke if the power goes out in your area as is expected in much of the U.S. this summer. Hope you have some way of getting in touch with family if there's any natural disaster and there's no bandwidth left because everyone is calling their loved ones so even texts are barely getting through. Hope you have an old radio somewhere when your phone batteries and battery backups / UPSs die.

When even the goddamn U.S. government admits that they're not going to be able to help you, maybe you should listen. https://www.ready.gov

Maybe take your head out of your rear end and take a look at the GIP preparedness thread. You might learn a thing or two. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941131&pagenumber=10&perpage=40

Or you could continue to make jokes and remain unprepared and be poo poo out of luck if there's an emergency.

And people say this website doesn't have funny posts anymore

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
These Robert Moses episodes are the hardest to listen to as a long islander.

I am a lady of color and he is unfathomably awful, but as a lady of color who has driven on those hot wheels tracks of highways a zillion times, I’m going to do burnouts on the Robert Moses and there will be no authority to stop me.

That rear end in a top hat has no right having a goddamn urinal named after himself, let alone a highway.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
These episodes are a microcosm of how powerful, selfish, out-of-touch assholes can make things much worse for vast numbers of people.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zugzwang posted:

These episodes are a microcosm of how powerful, selfish, out-of-touch assholes can make things much worse for vast numbers of people.

I don’t see how you could be drawing any parallels to today with this idea

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I haven’t been able to listen to this show lately, as much as I adore it.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Same. Real life is too depressing

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I highly encourage anybody who can't listen to BtB currently to listen to Cool People Who Did Cool Stuff. It's the same format but so, so much more optimistic. There's obviously still not always happy endings but Margaret puts a heavy focus on the good things people did to help their communities and fight back against the bad poo poo.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

thecluckmeme posted:

I highly encourage anybody who can't listen to BtB currently to listen to Cool People Who Did Cool Stuff. It's the same format but so, so much more optimistic. There's obviously still not always happy endings but Margaret puts a heavy focus on the good things people did to help their communities and fight back against the bad poo poo.

Huh good idea. I like BtB and The Dollop, but its not the most positive of subject material.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Poldarn posted:

Huh good idea. I like BtB and The Dollop, but its not the most positive of subject material.

Ever since they started CPWDCS its been like the antimatter to BtB, even going as far as updating on Monday/Wednesday while BtB is Tuesday Thursday. You get a slight overview on Monday, a humorous biography of an rear end in a top hat on Tuesday, soul-lifting and bittersweet history on Wednesday, and despair-inducing fight-or-flight activating darkness on Thursday! :haw:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I have to say, “Clarence Thomas: Black Panther” was not a series of words I thought I would ever see in that order, considering… Well, everything about him nowadays.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Regalingualius posted:

I have to say, “Clarence Thomas: Black Panther” was not a series of words I thought I would ever see in that order, considering… Well, everything about him nowadays.

yeah some person wrote a book saying its why he rules the way he does, because he is like the ultimate accelerationist. which i find a funny thought

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I only listened to part of it but the bit that really stuck out to me was when Thomas said he preferred virulent racists to liberal subtle racism.
Reminds me of the saying: "I'd rather be told to 'have a nice day' by someone who didn't mean than to 'gently caress off' by someone who did."
Except in reverse.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I totally get the sentiment even if I would like to just not be shat on at all, but someone just outright calling me a slur and letting me write them off/exit the situation with no concern for norms is incredibly refreshing compared to the social minefield of "is this well-meaning or is this some 'well bless your heart' dogwhistle bullshit I have to humor so I don't look like the rear end in a top hat to the room"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

I only listened to part of it but the bit that really stuck out to me was when Thomas said he preferred virulent racists to liberal subtle racism.
Reminds me of the saying: "I'd rather be told to 'have a nice day' by someone who didn't mean than to 'gently caress off' by someone who did."
Except in reverse.

i mean as someone with obvious disibilities, i kinda get it. id rather get the dumb rear end rude person or "dumb" questions then the weird well meaning but also hosed up compliments. but i have been lucky and am not black in america.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean as someone with obvious disibilities, i kinda get it. id rather get the dumb rear end rude person or "dumb" questions then the weird well meaning but also hosed up compliments. but i have been lucky and am not black in america.

I had an absolutely miserable time in high school with being basically targeted as an object of abuse. I went to a failing public high school in rural Kentucky with only 120 students. poo poo was bad.

Looking back, for all poo poo I went through, I will be the first to admit that if I was not a cis straight white kid those loving hillbillies would have killed me.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I used to get the sentiment but then I had to spend a regular amount of time surrounded by openly hateful bigots. Now it's like. Man. What I wouldn't give for a coworker with the grace and tact to lie to me. Getting nostalgic for the days I could be mad about a microaggression.

But obviously personal sentiment is going to vary wildly based on lived experience as well as personality.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Marsupial Ape posted:

I had an absolutely miserable time in high school with being basically targeted as an object of abuse. I went to a failing public high school in rural Kentucky with only 120 students. poo poo was bad.

Looking back, for all poo poo I went through, I will be the first to admit that if I was not a cis straight white kid those loving hillbillies would have killed me.

I was lucky because i ended up being friends with the future class president since kidnergarten so while i never got dates(liked the weird nerd girl who was clearly not interested for way too long plus me being weird nerdy dickhead who wanted to be some edgelord troll or some dumb poo poo) but i was never made fun of and had friends that i still have today.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Is Sophie being on the run from the ATF a bit? Or is she legit in trouble?
I can't even tell anymore.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I was lucky because i ended up being friends with the future class president since kidnergarten so while i never got dates(liked the weird nerd girl who was clearly not interested for way too long plus me being weird nerdy dickhead who wanted to be some edgelord troll or some dumb poo poo) but i was never made fun of and had friends that i still have today.

Teenagers just need to be rounded up and forced to cut trail at National parks and read Emerson by camp fire until they’re 18.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Marsupial Ape posted:

Teenagers just need to be rounded up and forced to cut trail at National parks and read Emerson by camp fire until they’re 18.

Hello sir, Pretend to Fall is a great album.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

head58 posted:

Hello sir, Pretend to Fall is a great album.

Bean Dad did nothing wrong. If Merlin Mann is your friend then by definition you can’t be a bad person.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

mrfart posted:

Is Sophie being on the run from the ATF a bit? Or is she legit in trouble?
I can't even tell anymore.

To my knowledge, ICHH Daily hasn't put an episode yet today... :ohdear:

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

After The War posted:

To my knowledge, ICHH Daily hasn't put an episode yet today... :ohdear:

It's summer, she took the week off, y'all.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/randomdudespost/status/1554223368337068034?s=21&t=RhBDtI7yR6KlSYTCbZgBYg

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Holy poo poo this person who is the guest on the Phyllis Schafley episode is both incredibly unfunny and wildly uninformed. It sucks real bad.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
The worst guest IIRC was the one on the Reagan episodes. I stopped listening because I found the guest to be painfully unfunny and annoying, and I mean that literally. Which is a shame, because hoo boy, what a bastard to have to skip out on.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

For me nothing can beat those two ladies from the Reagan's astrologer eps who just kept yasqueening her and undermining Robert almost every step of the way. I can definitely understand cheering for someone screwing over Reagan but they seemed adamant in ignoring the other people she ended up hurting in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
I like Matt Lieb because he makes me laugh when he talks about loving a big mouth billy bass.