Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Did not think I was gonna hear a reference to the Deer Avenger games in 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I'm on a little breaky from Alex because god drat fuuuuuuck that guy. I am willing to make an immediate return if any of the following make guest appearances:

1) Steve Pieczenick
2) Mike Adams
3) Lionel

Thank you for your support during these trying times.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I'm on a little breaky from Alex because god drat fuuuuuuck that guy. I am willing to make an immediate return if any of the following make guest appearances:

1) Steve Pieczenick
2) Mike Adams
3) Lionel

Thank you for your support during these trying times.

What, you don't wanna meet the Nooge?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The bankruptcy case is closed officially now. Also the Texas plaintiffs have filed a motion to sanction Jones for his bullshit bankruptcy poo poo.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

What, you don't wanna meet the Nooge?

The moment I hear that he’s on, I have my own personal Jordan scream

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Has anyone said "It's time to prey" yet

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Wtf. Just saw this in my Starbucks app

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

So do they owe Knowledge fight or Alex a check?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

They've had this for a while and I kept forgetting to post about it. For shame!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
CNN ran a lengthy piece on Alex and Infowars

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2022/06/politics/alex-jones-infowars-fringe-to-frontline/

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I’m assuming this is them repurposing that stuff from the documentary they were going to air.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Someone posted a video of the Roger Stone depo on reddit, and holy loving poo poo, I don't recall Dan mentioning that he was bouncing around like someone tweaked out on meth.

Roger 😬 Stone

Also, I recently started to branch out into some different podcasts and was pleasantly surprised to find out Dan and Jordan guest hosted on God Awful Movies #330.

They review/mock an anime produced by Happy Science, a cult I haven't heard of, but that seems to heavily overlap with Project Camelot. It's got Grey's, Reptilians, Pleiadians, the works. It's a great listen if you like the KF PC episodes.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Someone posted a video of the Roger Stone depo on reddit, and holy loving poo poo, I don't recall Dan mentioning that he was bouncing around like someone tweaked out on meth.

Roger 😬 Stone

Holy poo poo that was something. I mean it looks like tweaker drugs but thought it could be hyper agitation until that last scene...

quote:

Also, I recently started to branch out into some different podcasts and was pleasantly surprised to find out Dan and Jordan guest hosted on God Awful Movies #330.

They review/mock an anime produced by Happy Science, a cult I haven't heard of, but that seems to heavily overlap with Project Camelot. It's got Grey's, Reptilians, Pleiadians, the works. It's a great listen if you like the KF PC episodes.

Episodes 293 and 305. Gonna have a listen.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

LionYeti posted:

I’m assuming this is them repurposing that stuff from the documentary they were going to air.

Yeah, I dunno. I thought it was a solid read in any case.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

If you want more roasting of that crazy cults animated output anime youtube person Mothers Basement did a great 2 parter on the early stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dobQ9_YS5MA

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Roger 😬 Stone

People were making fun of him back when it first got released, not sure if KF mentioned it though.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Pretty sure he was bankrolled by his father until he site started turning a profit, although I guess that’s part of the self made American myth

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Sir Tonk posted:

Pretty sure he was bankrolled by his father until he site started turning a profit, although I guess that’s part of the self made American myth
Dan and Jordan have talked a lot about how whenever the media covers Alex, they take a lot of his lies at face value. He says he's a self-made millionaire, so they call him a self-made millionaire (he's not). He says he's on thousands of radio stations, so they say he's on thousands of radio stations (he's not).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Froghammer posted:

Dan and Jordan have talked a lot about how whenever the media covers Alex, they take a lot of his lies at face value. He says he's a self-made millionaire, so they call him a self-made millionaire (he's not). He says he's on thousands of radio stations, so they say he's on thousands of radio stations (he's not).

Journalism has been hallowed out for quite some time, and the last decade has been even worse. In the early teens, facebook lied to everyone and said that video engagement was far above any text engagement. It wasn't. It actually lagged behind quite a bit, but facebook likes to lie about things like this. As a result, so many places dropped all of their actual journalists in a pivot to video. Then a few years later, facebook revealed their lie. Instead of rebuilding the text force that had been previously let go, media outlets collectively just fired their video people and became pr regurgitating machines because no one there is paid well enough or has the chops to actually give a give.

See, e.g. Adam Schefter.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Sir Tonk posted:

Alex’s dad basically bought his first radio show. He was the station manager/owner’s dentist and set up a deal to buy ad time during Alex’s show.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Journalism has been hallowed out for quite some time, and the last decade has been even worse. In the early teens, facebook lied to everyone and said that video engagement was far above any text engagement. It wasn't. It actually lagged behind quite a bit, but facebook likes to lie about things like this. As a result, so many places dropped all of their actual journalists in a pivot to video. Then a few years later, facebook revealed their lie. Instead of rebuilding the text force that had been previously let go, media outlets collectively just fired their video people and became pr regurgitating machines because no one there is paid well enough or has the chops to actually give a give.

See, e.g. Adam Schefter.

If I have my internet history right, the pivot to video gave us a legion of cool podcasters when all these journos were let off. So maybe there would have never been a behind the bastards, knowledge fight, and what not without that Facebook lie. In conclusion it's impossible to say whether mark Zuckerberg is good or bad

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Kind of funny that when Alex starts needing to rely on Bitcoin to fund his operations the bottom drops out of the market.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I usually pitch Knowledge Fight to friends as scratching the same itch reality television does. The boys are documenting a conman's life falling apart in real-time. Much like Tiger King, every time you think the story can't possibly get any crazier, it gets crazier.

Case in point, I'm going to listen to Alex Jones interview Mike Tyson TYOOL 2022 today

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Froghammer posted:

I usually pitch Knowledge Fight to friends as scratching the same itch reality television does. The boys are documenting a conman's life falling apart in real-time. Much like Tiger King, every time you think the story can't possibly get any crazier, it gets crazier.

Case in point, I'm going to listen to Alex Jones interview Mike Tyson TYOOL 2022 today

Please come back with a trip report, I need to know if this is funny or just sad like so many Mike Tyson related enterprises are in the 2020s.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's very sad. Mostly pointless; two dudes just trying to draft off of the other's reputation

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Yeah it's not very good unfortunately. Tyson is high as hell and barely coherent and Alex is a bumbling awkward jackass.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah, I listened to a bit and was "Yeah, I'm good". If Alex isn't turning up, and there's no interesting weirdness in the other usual suspects I'm suprised they didn't decide to skip today.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I'm finding Tyson hard to listen to, and if this is how he is on his podcast, I don't know how anyone listens to him at all

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
It is curious that Alex has been out of studio this entire time. I'm under the impression that the Jan 6 hearings haven't been terribly scandalous -- or at least any more scandalous than the event already was -- so what could be prompting Alex's uncharacteristic caution is a question.

Even Dan and Jordan are of the opinion that while Alex was providing support to many people who organized the insurrection in the leadup, Alex himself likely didn't do all that much the day of. I'm open to being wildly wrong on this count, but if there were anything obvious about Jan 6 that concerned Alex and the attempted sedition, then it would've been something that he didn't record on camera.

Though maybe he just doesn't have any good talking points yet...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
my guess is that Alex is tied up in a lot of stuff and Roger Stone & Co told him to shut the gently caress up and don't say anything stupid during the Jan 6 hearings and hopefully they can get out of it without going to jail.

And the only way to get him to shut the gently caress up about Jan 6 is to keep him away from the studio.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
There's a non-zero chance he's on legitimate vacation right now

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Was there any confirmation outside Jones’ own assertions that he had negotiated immunity with the committee? Actual media reported at least some cooperation between Jones and the committee which I don’t interpret to mean he actually ratted on anyone but if he wasn’t actually given immunity from perjury I could imagine him reacting live to the hearings would be a no-go for him.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Marsupial Ape posted:

Alex’s dad basically bought his first radio show. He was the station manager/owner’s dentist and set up a deal to buy ad time during Alex’s show.

Why does it feel like it's always dentists behind these things?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

Why does it feel like it's always dentists behind these things?

Because dentists make a shitload of money and you have to have some sort of brain virus to want to be inside peoples mouths all day every day for a living.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Also doctors think they're smart about everything since they're good at one thing, so they love getting scammed and promoting dumb bullshit.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMCoz-6_Zis

I am going to be incredibly generous and condense Loudermilk's version to "It was a slow day and I don't do poo poo, so when a large family white privileged their way into my office, I was like gently caress it, it's tour time"

I don't believe for a minute that he didn't know the Jan 6 committee sent him a letter, though.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Why the gently caress is every Republican politician named Loudermilk or Snorfelax or P. G. T. Huffballoon.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

0konner posted:

Was there any confirmation outside Jones’ own assertions that he had negotiated immunity with the committee? Actual media reported at least some cooperation between Jones and the committee which I don’t interpret to mean he actually ratted on anyone but if he wasn’t actually given immunity from perjury I could imagine him reacting live to the hearings would be a no-go for him.

I don't exactly recall where it was mentioned, but Jones sent a letter to the committee essentially offering cooperation in exchange for immunity, but was extremely unspecific about what he wanted immunity from. Somewhere in the thread is a Twitter source from a law-degree-haver saying that Jones' letter to the committee was legally worthless, because he was asking for immunity "in general," which isn't really how it works.

The only difference we have with regards to the Jan 6 committee and the Sandy Hook trials is that his is a criminal trial instead of a civil one. The civil courts could only levy monetary fines for misbehaviour, and Jones essentially has bottomless pockets given his position in the right wing media ecosystem. In other cases, he can simply choose to not pay them, as one settled-out-of-court defamation trial plaintiff showed up as a creditor to his bankruptcy trail having still not received payment despite having settled years ago. Conversely, this is a criminal matter where penalties for noncompliance have actual teeth, but we have no previous basis for how Alex would compose himself regarding a criminal court.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

LionYeti posted:

Please come back with a trip report, I need to know if this is funny or just sad like so many Mike Tyson related enterprises are in the 2020s.
It's bad! They're both zonked out of their minds and they have no chemistry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Oh god, this episode is purestrain cringe.