Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
is it time to buy yet

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

greazeball posted:

LMAO just found this on my new favourite website:

its like reading tea leaves but less helpful

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Cat Hatter posted:

"He killed Hitler" *throws ball to scowling manager*

golf-clap

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

istewart posted:

I was with my friend at Denny’s the other night, and as the guy in line behind us stepped up to pay, the waitress asked him, “cash or card?” He loudly exclaimed, “CRYPTO!” and whipped out a Coinbase debit card, looking around to see if anyone was impressed.

No one was impressed.

The technology just isn't there yet, it's the potential that counts.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

istewart posted:

I was with my friend at Denny’s the other night, and as the guy in line behind us stepped up to pay, the waitress asked him, “cash or card?” He loudly exclaimed, “CRYPTO!” and whipped out a Coinbase debit card, looking around to see if anyone was impressed.

No one was impressed.

This sounds like STDH, but I'm sure it did happen based on what I've seen.

Also some dumbnut is at this point on r/buttcoin trying to defend the concept of crypto like " oh its too bad there are sooo many scammers but do you really want your money to be centralized and have the banks and government have control over it?" And every answer was fucj yes and yes.

I swear every cryptobro thinks they're Johnny Silverhand. No dude, you are nowhere near Keanu

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
This may have already happened and I missed it but doesn’t tether print billions of funny dollars or something right about now to prevent the price from falling further? Or is that for another coin? I don’t really understand any of this other than tether creating imaginary money to stop things like this from happening.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

buglord posted:

This may have already happened and I missed it but doesn’t tether print billions of funny dollars or something right about now to prevent the price from falling further? Or is that for another coin? I don’t really understand any of this other than tether creating imaginary money to stop things like this from happening.

i think they're under investigation rn so the tether printer is unplugged for the moment

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Hearing people saying "craptocurrency"

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Thundercracker posted:

I swear every cryptobro thinks they're Johnny Silverhand. No dude, you are nowhere near Keanu

Yeah dude gently caress the corporations!!!!

*corporations like Xfinity, Cox, and Verizon shut off your internet with the click of a button disabling your access to cryptocurrency*

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I'm just gonna jack-in to the Metaverse and check on my Apes....OH gently caress NO!!!

selec
Sep 6, 2003

There’s a dude my friends call Mr. Creepto because he’s into crypto AND evolutionary psychology

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Looking forward to fundy churches/colleges shutting down after it turns out the bright young guy who is good with excel in their finance office has been making investment decisions with their treasury over the last year

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Protocol7 posted:

Yeah dude gently caress the corporations!!!!

*corporations like Xfinity, Cox, and Verizon shut off your internet with the click of a button disabling your access to cryptocurrency*

thats why they will set up a ham radio network.

*doesnt actual know how ham radioing works, also pirated e books on ham radio are on cloud storage*

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm just gonna jack-in to the Metaverse and check on my Apes....OH gently caress NO!!!

slurped?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Vampire Panties posted:

What do crypto brainiacs see as the next level of support for BTC? 18k? IIRC coins tumble pretty far when they break through lower levels of resistance?

How would you even calculate this? For a business or something they have like profits, revenue, margins, customers, products. and so on, but BTC it's just literally based on how gullible people continue being. So actually now that I think about it it should rebound.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

bro, not once, but 3 times! I'm RUINED!

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Paladinus posted:

Your mistake is thinking that a lot of people working for crypto companies are cryptobros. Outside of management, real cryptobros, who have actual marketable skills, know their coder job is more secure at a regular company. Only people who are incompetent or couldn't find a better job work in crypto.

The moment I was certain it was all a sham was when someone told me they wanted me on their side chain project as a programmer.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/coinerstakingls/status/1536810587975393281?s=21&t=kF8dcrODXWt8wT230UfjlA

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1536984155577270273

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You weren’t saying that when Bitcion was doing well bill.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Imagine Bill Gates watching "Line Go Up" and being like "YEAH that's right!" lol

I might have a stroke thinking about it

lmao

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

CharlestheHammer posted:

You weren’t saying that when Bitcion was doing well bill.

I like how desperate he is to rebuild his image after his wife dumped him because he wouldn’t stop hanging out with Epstein. There was a big PR push last month as he wants everyone to care what his book picks are again.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I would like to say there has been some great posting in this thread the past few hours. High fives all around.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I like how desperate he is to rebuild his image after his wife dumped him because he wouldn’t stop hanging out with Epstein. There was a big PR push last month as he wants everyone to care what his book picks are again.

To be fair. I completely forgot how chummy he was with Epstein until now so he should really give that PR firm a bonus because holy poo poo he definitely was a regular at pedo island.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Oof, well that it. Bill Gates is a clone, cause he would never go against 20 percent returns guaranteed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

WAIT A MIN GUYS, HODL ON:

RESUME BUYING THE DIP!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

How would you even calculate this? For a business or something they have like profits, revenue, margins, customers, products. and so on, but BTC it's just literally based on how gullible people continue being. So actually now that I think about it it should rebound.

Well I’m convinced.

I’m buying.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
It is currently swinging by hundreds of dollars every second. Totally normal!

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010
The 1m candles are absolutely wild at the moment. $1000 swing in a minute? Sounds like a stable store of value to me!

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

some pretty big up downs happening right now, big swings into the high 21xxx terroritory and going right back down to 20.5

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

WTF is going on, the volume suddenly went through the roof and the price is swinging wildly up and down.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Three Olives posted:

WTF is going on, the volume suddenly went through the roof and the price is swinging wildly up and down.

Bitcoin!

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

I assume shitheads selling themselves entire wallets to arbitrarily keep the price over the burn-it-all-down 20k limit?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Squiggle posted:

I assume shitheads selling themselves entire wallets to arbitrarily keep the price over the burn-it-all-down 20k limit?

Is that a thing? They can price-wash the coins just swapping them back and forth with themselves?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

No, this is super weird even by Bitcoin standards, something is happening.

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010
The market is so thin that when someone actually tries to sell instead of just wash trading it absolutely tanks the price.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Squinky v2.0 posted:

The Patriots play at Gillette stadium, but before it was Gillette it was named CMGI Field, after a local tech investment firm.

CMGI went under before the football season even started, the patriots never played a game there under the original name

And the Dolphins renamed their stadium 4 times in 10 years, though Hard Rock stadium has stuck for a while now

I think the Dolphins stadium naming rights you are thinking of was back when it was Pro Player Park/Stadium before Fruit of the Loom's bankruptcy killed that brand. The crazy part of that was that despite being a zombie brand after like 2001 the stadium kept the Pro Player name until 2005. The Ravens had a stadium naming deal with PSINet Inc. back in 1999 that lasted until that company went under in 2002. Sports Authority had the naming rights to the Broncos stadium for years and there was concern over if they would not be able to keep up with payments for years before they finally gave up on it. Similar to Pro Player, Sports Authority went under in 2016 but had the name on the stadium until 2018.

The National Car Rental Center was the name of the Florida Panthers arena for two years before NCR went under. Adelphia paid for the naming rights to the Titans stadium in Nashville from 1999 to 2002 before they went under due to massive fraud and corruption in the company. TWA had the naming rights to the current Edwards Jones Dome in St. Louis for a few years before they sold to American Airlines. This is only funny because the city built the dome in order to bring an NFL team to the city, got the Rams, and then lost them to LA. Because of this stadium the Rams are the only NFL franchise to win NFL Championships (not Super Bowls) in three cities (Cleveland, St. Louis, LA).

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Is that a thing? They can price-wash the coins just swapping them back and forth with themselves?

Didn't they do that last year? I know that one dude did it to pump his bullshit transactions lol, and got found out readily lmfao

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1537132975485329412

Pretty sure this is why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Yeah I saw someone else reference that earlier, and I was wondering if and how that worked as well.