Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Brendan Rodgers posted:

If you ever saw the cultural meme of "bacon is epic" and "what if you took this meal and added BACON STRIPS!" that was because of those culinary geniuses on a youtube channel.

Oh jaysus. I did, to my lasting shame, watch the Nostalgia Critic but this does not sound fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

Gotta be honest, I just want A Gang again.

I seem to be enjoying/enduring some sort of second adolescence, since the first one (in hindsight) never felt like it really belonged to me. And also I'm not sure there's much point in taking part in modern 'adult' culture, here, in the foothills of societal collapse.

I just want a bunch of other knuckleheads who're on my wavelength and around to pal around with on the weekends. But almost everyone my age has kids and careers and everyone else is young and kinda annoying (and I wouldn't know how to properly relate with them anyway)

Ah well

:smith: that sucks, man. Solidarity.

Sorry for the old rear end reply but this resonated with me, I only came out as gay last year when I was 30 and it feels like the last 10 years weren't at all mine.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brendan Rodgers posted:

If you ever saw the cultural meme of "bacon is epic" and "what if you took this meal and added BACON STRIPS!" that was because of those culinary geniuses on a youtube channel.
Wasn't that also because there was a bunch of pork cuts that the markets had trouble shifting or something?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

ijyt posted:

Sorry for the old rear end reply but this resonated with me, I only came out as gay last year when I was 30 and it feels like the last 10 years weren't at all mine.

I'm sorry to hear that but I'm really glad you've reclaimed your life; never too late to be yourself :unsmith: It can be really really tough but it's always worth it in the end

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

a bunch of us senilely blaming things on joromy crombly without remembering what it means

So just like a current audience of Newsnight Question Time then.

E: whatever that crap is called, you know the one

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i do wonder how many well-meaning but not terribly bright people have been put off ever voting labour again because they believed the anti-semitism concerns were genuine lol

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

Wasn't that also because there was a bunch of pork cuts that the markets had trouble shifting or something?

I reckon you're thinking of the McRib.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

"An informal study from 2011 entitled "A Conspiracy of Hogs: The McRib as Arbitrage" illustrates a correlation between the price of pork and the timing of McDonald's offering the sandwich; all five of the US McRib offerings between 2005 and 2011 occurred during low points in the price of bulk pork.[31]"

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
the anti-semitism concerns that featured daily in the media and suddenly magicked away when JC was finally sent packing

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brendan Rodgers posted:

"An informal study from 2011 entitled "A Conspiracy of Hogs: The McRib as Arbitrage" illustrates a correlation between the price of pork and the timing of McDonald's offering the sandwich; all five of the US McRib offerings between 2005 and 2011 occurred during low points in the price of bulk pork.[31]"
Le epic bacon was apparently a pork belly futures market thing too, a result of the 80s lean diet trend cratering pork belly futures and a marketing response linking bacon to anti-diet machismo that the internet literally ate up.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

Le epic bacon was apparently a pork belly futures market thing too, a result of the 80s lean diet trend cratering pork belly futures and a marketing response linking bacon to anti-diet machismo that the internet literally ate up.

drat, there's no culture any more, just some weird arbitrage poo poo. One day the free market will decide we eat bugs and it'll be advertised to us and we will love it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I already like sea bugs, so if they make land bugs taste good I will eat them.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

I really need to try some sea bugs, I've barely eaten any seafood in my life. Never even tried Sushi.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

crispix posted:

the anti-semitism concerns that featured daily in the media and suddenly magicked away when JC was finally sent packing

Which just goes to show....

Does anyone have a link to the person on twitter who does Nadine dorries takeoffs? Want to share with my brother.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Brendan Rodgers posted:

drat, there's no culture any more, just some weird arbitrage poo poo. One day the free market will decide we eat bugs and it'll be advertised to us and we will love it.

Bugs are the eco-conscious choice if you want to save the environment!

(please ignore plants)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I really need to try some sea bugs, I've barely eaten any seafood in my life. Never even tried Sushi.

Oh it's great you can get the little trays of it from asda or lidl (they're cheapest) and they're real nice, just ate one for dinner and it was fab. Put the soy sauce on the rice and it's a really nice savoury snack. The little mini trays of it are the price of a choccy bar too and really good if you're sick of eating sweet things.

Not a fan of the wasabi or the weird lemon onion or whatever you get with it in the little packet but the rest is nice.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Which just goes to show....

Does anyone have a link to the person on twitter who does Nadine dorries takeoffs? Want to share with my brother.

https://twitter.com/SoozUK

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1537132453843849221

:toot:

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Just getting up and getting ready to go to work; I'm Boris Johnson's ethics adviser

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
boris's ethics advisor

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

laying in the gutter, but looking at the stars xoxo

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Who is advising Boris Johnson's ethics adviser on ethics

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

OwlFancier posted:

I thought you meant Moreton Bay Bugs or similar, which are the best seafood on the planet, but you won't be getting them in UK supermarkets unfortunately.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ah! Well, nevertheless

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptfmAY6M6aA

Just appeared on my YT feed.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brendan Rodgers posted:

That's one of the most amusing things about the current crop of libertarian to alt-right pipeliners, they're convinced that the WEF/Klaus Schwab is going to force them to eat bugs because of something something great resets, and this is terrible for some reason.

Like they made bacon part of their identity because of a bunch of pork bellies slowly thawing in a warehouse in Virginia, if the WEF wanted them to be eating bugs they'd be eating Trump Bugs (feminists hate them) and loving loving it. How do they even know they're not delicious anyway? Almost every culture on earth eats insects of some kind, some grasshoppers are even kosher (even lobster doesn't get that), fried crickets are cool. Rhetoric of Reaction at it again.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Who is advising Boris Johnson's ethics adviser on ethics
Boris Johnson. He studied classics.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

crispix posted:

excuse me I think you'll find it disappeared when Keith kicked all the ni- undesirable tinges out of the party

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like the idea of an "ethics advisor" because I would not advertise the fact that I am incapable of ethics.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1537135620950306816

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Not a fan of the wasabi or the weird lemon onion or whatever you get with it in the little packet but the rest is nice.

Are you talking about ginger? Because it's banging with sushi.

The fake green horseradish wasabi is muck tho

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

Are you talking about ginger?

I was wondering what Owlfancier meant until I read your post haha, it's true though actually, ginger is a lemon onion.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

Are you talking about ginger? Because it's banging with sushi.

Possibly, I have no idea what it is it comes in a little unlabeled packet and I ate some because I assumed I was supposed to and it has a sort of oniony texture but tasted like lemons.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Got the 'rona lmao.

Who knew spending four days in a packed conference hall was risky?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Possibly, I have no idea what it is it comes in a little unlabeled packet and I ate some because I assumed I was supposed to and it has a sort of oniony texture but tasted like lemons.

For future reference, it's good if you just put a sliver on top of your but of sushi and then dip it in some soy sauce and guzzle it all down

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Failed Imagineer posted:

For future reference, it's good if you just put a sliver on top of your but of sushi and then dip it in some soy sauce and guzzle it all down

Don't believe his lies. The ginger is straight up Not Nice.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Miftan posted:

Don't believe his lies. The ginger is straight up Not Nice.

Thank you for proving my point

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I will try it, mostly it just had a kind of eh texture and taste.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

You need to embed the video otherwise everyone just scrolls past it

The embed preview shows what the video is about

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Kind of incredible (though entirety expected) that the government attempts to deport asylum seekers to an internment camp in Rwanda and then the next day the PM’s ethics advisor quits - but because of some parties. And it seems that none of the media thinks that’s weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I was wondering what Owlfancier meant until I read your post haha, it's true though actually, ginger is a lemon onion.
I assumed it was something to do with the monster from Friday Night Funkin