Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:hmmyes: reddit has been slow AF all morning. Millions of idiots screaming HODL into the void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Vampire Panties posted:

:hmmyes: reddit has been slow AF all morning. Millions of idiots screaming HODL into the void.

I wonder if anyone uses the scene from Braveheart to help rally the troops to hold

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Cyrano4747 posted:

Literally selling sinking land. Tipping my loving hat.

You didn't watch the video... it's clearly explained that this is easily solved by using green eco-friendly modular storage solutions similar to living in a shipping container. Each container comes with solar panels and waste management solutions. Once you starting pooping in your shipping container you'll realize just how green bitcoin can be.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

Your problem is that you just dip your toes in.

You need to just immerse yourself in it, drink from the firehose of coiner insanity, and laugh like a maniac while watching number go down on a second monitor.

I found a visual representation of how immersing yourself completely into the world of butts might go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3djVsLBBZ4

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
It is unbelievable to me how people could fall for this poo poo. My niece got into crypto a year ago and I could not even talk her and her boyfriend out of it. It is like they were new born christians or something.

Hryme fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 15, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I found a visual representation of how immersing yourself completely into the world of butts might go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3djVsLBBZ4

"Bring back the motherlode!!"

That movie owns

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

alnilam posted:

Come to think of it, do any of the crypto evangelists even talk about its use as a currency anymore? I feel like all I ever hear about is it being an investment.

I check out r/CryptoCurrency now and then for shits and giggles and one thing that strikes me is how little they talk about actual use cases. It's all just "will it go up/will it go down" talk. They only care about it as a speculative asset, using it as a medium of exchange is not really talked about much.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

bollig posted:

That person who insisted that making an NFT of a diamond was the same as having a diamond really sticks with me for whatever reason. I just chuckle about it sometimes. Wonder how she is doing now.

i assure you, Tascha Che is having a wild loving time. Her latest Twitter thread tells the story of how, back in her disenchanted graduate student days, she went on a journey of spiritual enlightenment to Peru, drank ayahuasca, and saw a hallucination of an anaconda that told her the secrets of reality:

Tascha posted:

if I wanted, I could create ‘time’, ‘space’, & define everything in it right there, in whatever way I wanted. The consciousness I embodied could make that all happen.

What did Tascha use her newfound nigh-godlike powers for?

To become a Web3 promoter, and tell you to sign up for her newsletter.

“The anaconda was right,” wrote Che. “I wasn’t ready for the truth.”

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

I once smoked so much salvia that I became a zookeeper very intent on making sure that Mr. and Mrs. Bighead from Rocko's Modern Life were enjoying the tiger exhibit

So, same

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

davecrazy posted:

When does the price of bitcoin crashing lead to a coup in El Salvador?

Realistically? Never. El Salvador was already seeing a ton of destabilizing problems, ranging from deforestation to de facto gang rule of territory to a corrupt political structure. Despite the whole "Bitcoin is an official currency" thing it was never widely adopted and the National ID-to-wallet system they had was so broken that you could use the fake sample of a national ID from Wikipedia and get a wallet registered and your automatic $30. The crazy part was that you could only draw down from that $30 in increments of $10, so if Bitcoin's value went down by even a fraction of a cent you automatically lost $10 of usable money. In a country where the MONTHLY salary is in the range of $300 this is a major problem. El Salvador recently had a whole rear end "crime" purge as well where thousands of people were arrested with no evidence while some of the most prominent gangs forced people to sign up for Cheevo wallets only to take their $30 of BTC.

Bukele is a dictator of a failed state and makes sure the military is paid no matter what. poo poo's bad.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

divabot posted:

i assure you, Tascha Che is having a wild loving time. Her latest Twitter thread tells the story of how, back in her disenchanted graduate student days, she went on a journey of spiritual enlightenment to Peru, drank ayahuasca, and saw a hallucination of an anaconda that told her the secrets of reality:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Do we know how many are still profitable?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

This is the Kraken CEO fyi
https://twitter.com/jespow/status/1536978826344792064

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

What is this supposed to mean? Like then number of new addresses where the price basis is now under water? shouldn't it be an integer?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

divabot posted:

lmao oh my god I am dying laughing over this. Holy poo poo are any of these fools not completely up their own asses

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The punchline is "oops, typo, that the decimal is actually another comma"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

the image of Einstein makes it so so good. also something I've noticed, these youtuber and twitter accounts promoting a lot of poo poo have hardly any views or likes, it really feels like they're just scamming the same few idiots over and over again.

whats the last/rightmost human figure on his evolution wife beater? like what does a bizmen and briefcase evolve into?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

A guitar player with David Gilmour-level posture?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9gOQgfPW4Y

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

has there ever been a trans-race person that wasnt a white person whatif thought experiment or that one case from a few years ago where that crazy white lady said she was black?

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Why do these people always conflate sex and gender? It’s like they can’t separate the two concepts.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

These crypto exchanges must be filled with chuds working there.

LOL at a bunch of chuds not only losing their life savings this week but their job simultaneously.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

So basically this

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

spunkshui posted:

These crypto exchanges must be filled with chuds working there.

LOL at a bunch of chuds not only losing their life savings this week but their job simultaneously.

Yeah it's gonna be some good reading
https://twitter.com/jespow/status/1536978831831052288

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

In the same tweet he told us that someone shared their internal chat but not to believe the news when it shows us that internal chat. Got it.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

MokBa posted:

In the same tweet he told us that someone shared their internal chat but not to believe the news when it shows us that internal chat. Got it.

When you hear the context for all the slurs, you'll find he comes out looking quite good and smart actually

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sorry, I have to drop off the call, boss just scheduled an emergency meeting. He wants to discuss who can and cannot use the "N" word.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Ugh this meeting could've just been an email that said "Me."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1537146979989463042

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I just wanted to see how today's volume measured up historically and

Does trading volume usually go down as a market matures? Are coiners losing interest for some reason?

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

divabot posted:

her 'incredible drug-induced god quest' is quite literally just another dream to me.
i'm creating the universe and un-creating it while talking to the personification of truth every night and you don't see me shilling crypto.

lol, some people have no imagination and it utterly ruins them.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I want to believe.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

lotta questions about who the ceo thinks can use the nword answered by the ceo using the nword all the time

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

greazeball posted:

I just wanted to see how today's volume measured up historically and

Does trading volume usually go down as a market matures? Are coiners losing interest for some reason?

Bitcoin was invented in 2009, coiners often lose interest in things once they are in their teens

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://www.polygon.com/23167962/gloomhaven-backerkit-crowdfunding-launch-blockchain

quote:

For many years now, Backerkit has been the trusted back-end for crowdfunding projects, handling shipping and organization logistics for Kickstarter campaigns. Now the San Francisco-based company is building its own crowdfunding platform, directly competing with Brooklyn-based crowdfunding giant Kickstarter. Crowdfunding by Backerkit emerged from stealth mode on Tuesday, and one of its first live campaigns will be run by one of its competitor’s biggest success stories: Cephalofair Games, creator of the critically-acclaimed board game Gloomhaven.

quote:

“Kickstarter has made clear to us that they want to be at the forefront of a transition to Web3,” Childres wrote, “and Cephalofair Games just isn’t about that. Kickstarter has yet to supply, in the 7 months since they made their announcement, any concrete example of how moving to a blockchain will make crowdfunding better for creators or backers, and pretty much all we have seen in that time from the crypto space is rampant fraud, theft, and financial ruin. We are quite hesitant to move in any way that would associate ourselves with or enable any of that.”

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Strumpie posted:

her 'incredible drug-induced god quest' is quite literally just another dream to me.
i'm creating the universe and un-creating it while talking to the personification of truth every night and you don't see me shilling crypto.

I have no doubt that comrade Hallucinatory Anaconda is most disappointed in Tascha right now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Somehow Bitcoinis actually rebounding a bit. Baffling until the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I liked their game and I like them even more now!