Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

External Organs posted:

When we did a refinance in February the mortgage place just went off the Zillow estimate and didn't even do a new appraisal. Uh, okay.

yeah same here lmao. the Zillow estimate also knocked off the PMI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

synapse posted:

look its an algorithm it cant be wrong

regardless grats lol

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

synapse posted:

:same:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

from a site about leaving the bay area

wtf at all but the NM one

Only registered members can see post attachments!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

actionjackson posted:

x

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

if you click on the homes nothing happens lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

lol nobody is getting a 3000sq ft house with 5br/4ba in Seattle for $500k

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

yes it would be like 1.5m, that's why it's hilarious

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Demon Of The Fall posted:

me and my sister just put our dads house on the market today. come on baby, sell sell sell!

it was on the market a day before we got an offer over asking price that I think we're taking. Nashville market is definitely not slowing down, thank god. bad news is that even with this my family probably still can't buy a house in middle Tennessee lol

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

actionjackson posted:

Even an hour+ outside Portland a house that size starts at 1.5m. Within Portland proper they're almost exclusively 5m mansions in the hills. Like 5 minutes on Redfin shows that much.

I'd like to live in that clickbait's bizzaro Portland.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Demon Of The Fall posted:

it was on the market a day before we got an offer over asking price that I think we're taking. Nashville market is definitely not slowing down, thank god. bad news is that even with this my family probably still can't buy a house in middle Tennessee lol

sounds like he listed it too low

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If you're willing to live out north of town or in the older neighborhoods, thats actually not terribly wrong for ABQ though even then its probably closer to listing at like 550 or 600

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

projecthalaxy posted:

If you're willing to live out north of town or in the older neighborhoods, thats actually not terribly wrong for ABQ though even then its probably closer to listing at like 550 or 600

it's way off for SF imo

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Spergin Morlock posted:

sounds like he listed it too low

possible, but I think the price we got is loving insane for a teardown and housing is loving bonkers and makes no sense

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
So individuals are getting priced out of the market with high rates, leaving institutional investors to gobble up the surplus. Lovely.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

actionjackson posted:

if you click on the homes nothing happens lol

lol

Apr 7, 2003

Woodsy Owl posted:

So individuals are getting priced out of the market with high rates, leaving institutional investors to gobble up the surplus. Lovely.

Institutional investors were going to do this whether rates were high or not

A buyer who needs a mortgage and thus contingencies was never going to be a competitive buyer compared to cash offers with all contingencies waived.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

How the gently caress is that still happening with the market the way it is rn

Will these vultures never cease

Apr 7, 2003

The Oldest Man posted:

How the gently caress is that still happening with the market the way it is rn

Will these vultures never cease

I get six+ texts like this every week

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Our current utilities contract just ended. The rates on the new one just jumped about 40% (10¢/kWh to ~14¢). Really they jumped by about 80% (~18¢/kWh) but you got the lower rate for a 4 year contract. I suppose in the future rates could drop down lower than the rate I’m locked in at, but doing the math it seems like I could just cancel the plan and desiscribe for the cheaper rate and the cancellation fee would be cheaper than continuing on at the locked in rate as long as I was on the new, cheaper plan for about a year (depending on what the exact, cheaper rate was).

This is Texas. The power company was pushing big time to get us to switch to a flexible rate plan, but the fine print is that there is basically no limit to how high it can go and there is no way in hell I’m paying flex rates during a Texas summer (and a Texas winter now. gently caress this state).

And yeah we also still get insane levels of junk mail asking if we want to sell our house plus people going door-to-door taping business cards to our front door for realities asking if we are selling.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lol awesome

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Ooh, I’m gonna use this one.

Apr 7, 2003

I just send back pictures of guillotines. No one has ever responded

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Does anyone reply with goatse?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Does anyone reply with goatse?

That’s illegal, sadly. I’ve looked into it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Booo. This country loving sucks.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

yeah, yeah, we've all looked into it. But how do you know its illegal!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Booo. This country loving sucks.

Lol seriously, if you’re gonna intrude on someone’s peace & quiet by texting their phone I don’t see why they can’t respond with whatever they want—up to and including Goatse

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I get six+ texts like this every week

lol I used to get texts asking to buy my parents house, the mortgage is in my step dad's name

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

so much for that 1st amendment everyone has a boner for

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

are you sure because i feel like replying with goatse is a form of
protected free speech

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

i am harry posted:

are you sure because i feel like replying with goatse is a form of
protected free speech

:goatsecx:

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Cross posting from the economic thread

Schmeichy posted:

Fingers crossed, but I may have gotten out of the renting game. My landlady decided to raise the rent to almost $2000, which we agreed to on the condition she fix the AC, which wasn't working in the heatwave we had last summer. After having a repair guy come out, she said it was too expensive and she wasn't fixing it, but we could back out of the lease in a month if we wanted. This was late May.

We had already been looking at buying some rural property within a year, so we scrambled and actually found something we liked with fiber and wells and a mobile home on the 8 acre property in eastern WA. We got a mortgage approval letter that would do tiny homes and started getting ready to move.

Wrench in the plan when the bank said oops actually we won't give you a mortgage because of the property type! After looking at our options, the only thing to do was empty a retirement account from a previous job that just about covered it with our savings, and my MIL helped with the couple extra thousand we needed to make up the total property price.

Moving this weekend, and excited to have lost a lot of money but will own a ~400sqft "home" and 8 acres of land outright for ~$160k!

Schmeichy has issued a correction as of 19:42 on Jun 16, 2022

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

congrats on the rural fiber

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

congrats on the peace and serenity of extricating yourself from the landlord yoke!

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I pray to the old gods and the new that all goons who wish to be free of landlords, become free of landlords.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
At this point I'm waiting on the RV market to crash out so I can get a used 27 foot class C for $10k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Get a minivan and trick it out, rvs are for suckers