Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

That's my quarterback, throwing two footballs at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I don’t know what this means, or what any of those huge machines are, but the Lions halftime show is apparently going to be amazing this year.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Booger McFarland achieves his final form

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’m okay with this turn of events.

Edit:

Also, Dan Campbell has forsaken the Formula 1 helmet this season and will be coaching training camp in a full on NASA astronaut suit.

Edit 2:

Bad news, Vikings fans. Kirk Cousins has been put on the IR. Cause? “Too Much Spaghetti”.

However, Aaron Rodgers and his new QB coach, The Grimace, are working on new plays this offseason.

And…..uhhh….

Mike Ditka on the Muppet Show?

Gonz fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 16, 2022

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DALL-E has already been run into the ground.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Timby posted:

Nah, it's neat.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Timby posted:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Welp I completely missed how Robert Quinn went from a random JAG to a 32 year old unblockable sack monster? huh? How the hell did this dude pull an 18.5 sack season out of his rear end

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Amy Pole Her posted:

Welp I completely missed how Robert Quinn went from a random JAG to a 32 year old unblockable sack monster? huh? How the hell did this dude pull an 18.5 sack season out of his rear end

He’s always been pretty good. He had a 19 sack season with the Rams and a couple of other double digit seasons for them before getting injured two years in a row and then bouncing around a few teams.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Timby posted:

DALL-E has already established the run.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kirk Cousins would never betray Pizza Ranch like that

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Amy Pole Her posted:

The problem with Quinn's career is that it is so erratic. He's had multiple brilliant seasons. They're just never in a row.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Timby posted:

DALL-E has already established the run.

:hmmyes:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

DALL-EZ Nuts

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Timby posted:

I'd agree but Muppet Ditka is good

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Kirk Cousins would never betray Pizza Ranch like that

Like Hy-Vee doesn't have jars of Ragu...

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dall-E knows what we all already know

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s always been pretty good. He had a 19 sack season with the Rams and a couple of other double digit seasons for them before getting injured two years in a row and then bouncing around a few teams.

He was pretty decent in Miami, which is what I based that off of. Getting a season like that at 32 my god

Looking at this stat history man y’all nailed it. He seems to be a stud every other season / every third season

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

And on the other end we get an amalgamation of every other team lmao

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Dall-E knows what we all already know

12 12 12 1 2. 1212 12

12 12 1. 2

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Oron Roojurs

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sataere posted:

Is this actually a thing or just an old guy avoiding excess wear and tear?

I don't mind if they trade him if they can get some value, but I'm not sure plus 30 guys skipping minicamp means anything. Unless there's news I'm missing.

I don't think anyone's at fault. He's an older player who probably doesn't want to play on a tanking team. He didn't sign up for this and the Bears would be happy to get him off the books in the coming years.

His contract is still pretty bad despite the surprise year he is coming off of. So I don't think the Bears would get much, if anything for him. Although I guess if you designate him for a June 1 cut next offseason the hit isn't too bad.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Niwrad posted:

I don't think anyone's at fault. He's an older player who probably doesn't want to play on a tanking team. He didn't sign up for this and the Bears would be happy to get him off the books in the coming years.

His contract is still pretty bad despite the surprise year he is coming off of. So I don't think the Bears would get much, if anything for him. Although I guess if you designate him for a June 1 cut next offseason the hit isn't too bad.

I think you missed on what I was asking. Old guys skip minicamp all the time. Is there any tangible evidence that Quinn is actually disgruntled outside of skipping minicamp?

I'm not saying he is or isn't. Just curious if there's more than media freaking out about him not showing up? He already knows the defense, so it's not like he needs the reps. It seems just as likely to me it's a business decision without him actually pushing to be traded.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sataere posted:

I think you missed on what I was asking. Old guys skip minicamp all the time. Is there any tangible evidence that Quinn is actually disgruntled outside of skipping minicamp?

I'm not saying he is or isn't. Just curious if there's more than media freaking out about him not showing up? He already knows the defense, so it's not like he needs the reps. It seems just as likely to me it's a business decision without him actually pushing to be traded.

It's a mandatory minicamp and it doesn't sound like the Bears approved of him sitting out. It's not really a good sign.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

In positive Bears news, there seem to be a lot of people extremely high on the tackle the Bears took in the 5th round this year, Braxton Jones. Like that he could start at LT this year and should have gone a few rounds higher in the draft.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Niwrad posted:

In positive Bears news, there seem to be a lot of people extremely high on the tackle the Bears took in the 5th round this year, Braxton Jones. Like that he could start at LT this year and should have gone a few rounds higher in the draft.

That's good. Are they slotting Jenkins in at G or is he a rotational tackle rn?

If Chicago comes out of this season with 3 adequate linemen and progress from Fields, are fans calling it a win?

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Forrest on Fire posted:

If Chicago comes out of this season with 3 adequate linemen and progress from Fields, are fans calling it a win?

The reports I've heard says he's just been at RT with the 2nd team so , um, yeah...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Talk to me about the offensive line when they are putting on pads and allowed to hit each other.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

Talk to me about the offensive line when they are putting on pads and allowed to hit each other.

This. Line play means nothing in mini camp

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

Lol none of that is going to happen they are going 0-17 and fields is going to retire.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Sataere posted:

Old guys skip minicamp all the time.

Even with a new coach / system?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A win is a season where Fields doesn't get hurt.
I think he showed last season that given opportunity he can be firmly mediocre and as a Bears fan, that is a strict upgrade from our history: Bad, and much higher than the arithmetic mean: dog poo poo.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

R.D. Mangles posted:

Lol none of that is going to happen they are going 0-17 and fields is going to retire.

If he's lucky he'll get traded at the end of the season after going on Twitter and just tweeting his sack-count and the words "Please god" and then next year he's Mitching it in Buffalo.
If he's incredibly lucky he'll also go Mitching it in his own Pittsburgh

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Chicago will win at least four games. They're probably the 3rd worst roster in football but they'll certainly blow a shot at the #1 pick.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

This team is going to be horrendous and I will talk myself into this 5th rounder being the next Tony Boselli to cope.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
He will be the Packers next HoF QB

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

Bears fans gonna be talking about pockets like women do about their dresses

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

HootTheOwl posted:

A win is a season where Fields doesn't get hurt.

This is my mantra going into the season.

Which means Fields will get injured week 1.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Fields will do enough that they skip on a qb with their top 5 pick next year then the year after it’s fully apparent he’s not the answer, but the team improves enough to pick at number 12 for eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Shout out to the guy wandering around Big Tesco outside Nottingham in a Penei Sewell jersey. True committment to the bit