Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Unponderable posted:

Grinding exploring has been by far the worst part of this game experience for me so far, and I'm considerably less close to 99 than you are. It feels mechanically incomplete, based on the sheer number of clicks demanded of players. Never mind trying to manage inventory limits in the midst of clicking off several thousand stamina at a time.

Bro I’m new here and I ask for apple cider and gently caress off on all those clicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Should be able to put apple juice in the cellar and in 30 days it comes out as hard cider that uses up 10x as much stam as a juice.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Putting Apple Cider as a daily quest seems pretty bad for the new players like me that don't have anywhere near 1,000 stamina.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Putting Apple Cider as a daily quest seems pretty bad for the new players like me that don't have anywhere near 1,000 stamina.

Using Apples and Orange Juice allows you to bank Stamina above your natural limit. You can drink 10 Orange Juice and end up at 1000/50 or whatever.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Klungar posted:

Using Apples and Orange Juice allows you to bank Stamina above your natural limit. You can drink 10 Orange Juice and end up at 1000/50 or whatever.

Apple Ciders say you have to have 1,000 stamina to use them, is that incorrect?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Apple Ciders say you have to have 1,000 stamina to use them, is that incorrect?

1000 Stamina, not 1000 Maximum Stamina. My Maximum Stamina is 227, but my on-hand Stamina is currently 142,437. All your Maximum Stamina dictates is the level to which your natural stamina regen will refill you. Apples and Orange Juice completely ignore Maximum Stamina limitations.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Uhhh any tips on getting 400 cogwheels quickly? It's all I have left before unlocking the tower (i've got everything else ready to go) but I have no treasure keys and husky is dropping them very, very slowly

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Quackles posted:

Heads up - there's a new mailbox password, "Millions". It gives you 3 Peaches.

I know SA skews older because so many of us have been here forever and don’t know how to leave; so this probably isn’t an obscure reference but it’s given me an opportunity to revisit some great old music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvAnQqVJ3XQ

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Klungar posted:

1000 Stamina, not 1000 Maximum Stamina. My Maximum Stamina is 227, but my on-hand Stamina is currently 142,437. All your Maximum Stamina dictates is the level to which your natural stamina regen will refill you. Apples and Orange Juice completely ignore Maximum Stamina limitations.

this, I havent had natural stamina regen in like six months because my banked stamina is invariably higher than my max stamina (which is like 650 or something)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Aerox posted:

Uhhh any tips on getting 400 cogwheels quickly? It's all I have left before unlocking the tower (i've got everything else ready to go) but I have no treasure keys and husky is dropping them very, very slowly

There's the wishing well - Ancient Coins at an 8% chance, or Pocket Watches at a 33% chance.
There's also fishing in the Small Pond, at a ~1/1000 drop rate.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Quackles posted:

There's the wishing well - Ancient Coins at an 8% chance, or Pocket Watches at a 33% chance.
There's also fishing in the Small Pond, at a ~1/1000 drop rate.

You can also get treasure keys at minerva if you have a backlog of large chest 02, ~1/2300 drop (about 1 per 5/6 large nets, which gives you 2 cogwheels per LC02) but at least you get decent silver from fish sales in the process unlike small pond. 400 cogwheels is a bitch no matter which way you look at it though

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Steak at 66k- very good time to sell I think?

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I made this mistake when I first started too, though it was because Apple Cider didn't even appear as an option unless you already had 1000 stamina available to burn when you went into an exploration zone. Now it's always listed at least.

But yeah just use 10 OJs, then use an apple cider.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

tildes posted:

Steak at 66k- very good time to sell I think?

yep, sell esp if you bought yesterday at 27k since tomorrow the market should go back to risky which caps at 60k max

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Go figure right after I blow all my AC on Borgen I get a quest that requires a couple hundred of them.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I tend to forget the locksmith exists until I need something that comes in bulk from chests or bags, so I’ve got hundreds of chests and bags and keys. I took Borgen up on his cheap OJ offer and opened all of my Medium Chest 01s - 50 AC, 100 Apples, 1 Grape Juice.

Not sure what I’m going to do with all the banked stamina yet but I guess I won’t have worry about running out ever again.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Whoa that’s crazy — how big is your inventory to support all that? I feel like that’s where I’m getting bottlenecks often

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DRINK ME posted:

I tend to forget the locksmith exists until I need something that comes in bulk from chests or bags, so I’ve got hundreds of chests and bags and keys. I took Borgen up on his cheap OJ offer and opened all of my Medium Chest 01s - 50 AC, 100 Apples, 1 Grape Juice.

Not sure what I’m going to do with all the banked stamina yet but I guess I won’t have worry about running out ever again.

tremendous post + username combo

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Kaboobi posted:

Your Exploring Skill Level is 98 and you have 1,775,341,000 XP. You need 224,659,000 more XP to reach Level 99.

Your Exploring Skill Level is 98 and you have 1,876,346,819 XP. You need 123,653,181 more XP to reach Level 99.

going way slower now that I’m waiting for paste so I don’t void any garnets

oak and slimestone can gently caress off, though

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Kaboobi posted:

Your Exploring Skill Level is 98 and you have 1,876,346,819 XP. You need 123,653,181 more XP to reach Level 99.

going way slower now that I’m waiting for paste so I don’t void any garnets

oak and slimestone can gently caress off, though

counterpoint, voiding garnets isn't a huge deal besides the silver loss because you will get another trillion garnets eventually doing oak based masteries and GMs, and if you can afford the steel the paste is better spent on sturdy bows as far as silver return is concerned. also selling garnets is something like half the income from making them into rings so thats not too bad either. ignore slimestone you can GM it alongside the harder WC stuff down the line no problem

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

tildes posted:

Whoa that’s crazy — how big is your inventory to support all that? I feel like that’s where I’m getting bottlenecks often

Only 1800 inventory, growing at 14 per day. I’ve been tight with gold spending so most of it is growth from the storehouse.

I was just opening 18 chests at a time and eating apples, every two lots of chests I’d buy OJ and drink juice, repeat. At home sick instead of working so I had time.

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

I RAN "COMEDY" THROUGH GOOGLE AND THIS IS ALL I GOT! ZULUZULUZULU!

Just started a couple of days ago and never thought to look for an SA thread, so I missed the referral code - is it worth starting over to use? I'm at farming 8, fishing 8, exploring 18, and crafting 3 if that matters. The OP says farming 30 is a couple of days, but it's dragging for me, so I assume I'm doing something wrong.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Reindeer Flotilla posted:

Just started a couple of days ago and never thought to look for an SA thread, so I missed the referral code - is it worth starting over to use? I'm at farming 8, fishing 8, exploring 18, and crafting 3 if that matters. The OP says farming 30 is a couple of days, but it's dragging for me, so I assume I'm doing something wrong.

not really, hitting farming 30 as a referee gives you a present with 100 of each fruit and AC which is a nice little boost but nothing you couldn't get in giveaways chat begging for half an hour as a new player for the most part so probably not worth restarting over. early game, buying farm buildings gives you farm xp (1xp per silver spent, so it vastly outweighs the xp you get from actually farming), so that might be what you're missing. what you should be doing right now is working to buy sawmill and then crafting iron cups or something until you get crafting to 20 and craft sturdy shields for early game silver profits which you should then reinvest into boards/wood production until you have enough to get orchard

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I decided it would be funny to work on my exploring 97 and get it up a bit while getting some other stuff out of the way, so I went and got Energizer Bunny (have 1m stamina not in items).
It took me over 5 hours to work through that 1m stamina, trying to not void anything.

I know with a bit better planning and more voiding I might have hit exploring 99, as it is I made it to like 98.15 or so.

On the plus side I got several GMs and got fat progress for others. Also got around 400 LNs banked now and got 4 or 5 bil silver out of it, that has now been invested into Sawmill, Steelworks, Quarry, Hayfield and a lvl5 penguin.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Fhqwhgads posted:

Go figure right after I blow all my AC on Borgen I get a quest that requires a couple hundred of them.

Hah, I did the exact same thing and probably got the same quest for 250 AC.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
What causes them to run the special request quests like the blue drink one that ran from May 12-30 and gave 100 AP at the end?

I was expecting one to pop up this week if they're monthly.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Koryk posted:

What causes them to run the special request quests like the blue drink one that ran from May 12-30 and gave 100 AP at the end?

I was expecting one to pop up this week if they're monthly.

That was a may the fourth be with you thing, the answer is whenever firestream whims it

Grogquock
May 2, 2009
Time to whine for luck.. 5300 corn and no rune. Wife has 5600 corn and 5 runes (without the crop doubler)....

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Quackles posted:

Heads up - there's a new mailbox password, "Millions". It gives you 3 Peaches.

Peaches for free!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

finally, 99 exploring, I am free (to wait for more honey to drop from the bear I just got)

At least I got to respec out of the XP skills and the +4 stamina per minute skill and put it all into crafting discounts

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

DRINK ME posted:

Only 1800 inventory, growing at 14 per day. I’ve been tight with gold spending so most of it is growth from the storehouse.

I was just opening 18 chests at a time and eating apples, every two lots of chests I’d buy OJ and drink juice, repeat. At home sick instead of working so I had time.

👍🏻👍🏻 farm rpg is really an ideal at home game.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Day 4: Doing pretty good so far. Got sawmill, storehouse and quarry up and running.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Okay, so I'm at the point where I need golden crops. What am I supposed to do to get more seed beyond asking in Giveaways? Or am I stuck waiting on them from pets.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

koshmar posted:

Okay, so I'm at the point where I need golden crops. What am I supposed to do to get more seed beyond asking in Giveaways? Or am I stuck waiting on them from pets.

You get gold crops from growing regular crops.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

obi_ant posted:

You get gold crops from growing regular crops.

They're rare drops crops.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Quackles posted:

They're rare drops crops.

Realistically the drop rate on them from crops is so low that you’re mostly going to get them from pets, unfortunately.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

koshmar posted:

Giveaways is a good bet, I give away gold crops in there when my inventory fills.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Unlocked the last fishing spot this morning. I have >2000 large nets saved so RIP my clicking finger today.

Anyway, that zone drops large chest 3 and that has honey in it!!!

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Been playing this non stop recently as Bubbapook. Game is good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
How are you getting shark teeth? Exchange center? I have yet to see it come up but maybe am not checking enough.