Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

Fine, if that's what we're gonna argue about.

Surely you mean mint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

um excuse me posted:

Surely you mean mint

This I can get behind.

Mint chocolate chip ice cream with peanut butter sauce on top is the poo poo.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Fine, if that's what we're gonna argue about.

I'm not sure about every pizza, but off the top of my head I can't think of one that wouldn't be improved by a generous portion of cilantro, yeah.

Also goes well on burgers!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I like to use lemons instead of limes for guacamole.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

christmas boots posted:

I like to use potatoes instead of avocados for guacamole.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I like to balance on my shoulder blades and piss into my own face.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
You know what? Pineapple is only good on pizza.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Pineapple, cilantro and mushrooms is the best possible pizza.

Throw some olives on it if you wanna mix it up.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

christmas boots posted:

I like to use lemons instead of limes for guacamole.

Well this is the Idiots on Social Media thread, please continue.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Kuros posted:

Well this is the Idiots on Social Media thread, please continue.

Chili is only good if it has beans.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah most people just don’t want to make their own food and it’s fine, it’s just food

It's not fine

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There's no difference between limes and lemons but people are too afraid to say so

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh god, what have I unleashed?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

There's no difference between limes and lemons but people are too afraid to say so

fight me

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

steinrokkan posted:

oranges are included in this continuum

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

steinrokkan posted:

You must have Covid.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

BaronVonVaderham posted:

First time looking inside a tech company?
Ugh I want to say "never again" but it's where all my experience lies.

My last one started with 50% of leadership being women.

Then they hired a new CTO and turfed the original one, with the justification that the old one wasn't experienced enough to launch the company for 1.0. (The new one was a former Microsoft/Amazon exec and they were using his name to raise more funds.)

Well the new one immediately got handsy with the female employees, the company paid out several years of salaries in hush money, and mysteriously all the women leaders quit. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. And yet the owners stood by this god damned fucker whose face I wanted to punch every time I saw it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

steinrokkan posted:

Good luck preventing scurvy using limes instead of lemons

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
We'll surely avoid scurvy if we all eat an orange.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Kevin DuBrow posted:

This is nuts. All this talk of YGG being a "non productive seed investor" as if that is any basis to refund the initial investment once the agreement is made when there was absolutely nothing indicating that this is a requirement. It's just so blatant that the voting members just wanted to basically steal everything and divvy the profits. They voted 106 for, 16 against.

I'm surprised YGG agreed to the compromise to be paid $.32 per token when it's trading for $1. Also lol at Merit Circle, LTD saying that since authority of the tokens was given to this "decentralized autonomous organization" they can't do anything. Would that even hold up in court?
Oh not a chance, this is wildly illegal in the real business world, but now we're talking crypto baybee!

Also big brain play to get some actual dollars out of this soon-to-be-disaster/scam.

Pththya-lyi posted:

It's surprisingly good in curry.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
All foods is the same.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

christmas boots posted:

We'll surely avoid scurvy if we all eat an orange.
Okay, thread, back to work.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

steinrokkan posted:

Lemon - limon
Lime - limon verde

Checks out.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And don't even get me started about mice and rats

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Data Graham posted:

They add the exact same amount of zest when you squeeze them over cold drink?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

steinrokkan posted:

Spoken like someone who doesn't drink cocktails.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Data Graham posted:

Hey now, getting into dangerous waters here

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Skwirl posted:

Oh god, what have I unleashed?

😡

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

This was trending again today, and I'm absolutely dying in the Squid Games at this exchange in the comments.
https://twitter.com/JohnTudor1/status/1537194153989349376
https://twitter.com/embracemonke_/status/1537216002429448193

(I get what JohnTudor1 there is saying, but some dude genuinely and openly wishing for bloodshed fits the dystopian setting of the show, ha.)

Oh! Huh, the more you know. I've definitely come across this when trying to source facts, but I assumed it was due to the authors being ESL/EFL and weirdness with web translators.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Scratch Monkey posted:

oranges are included in this continuum

I've got bad news for you about literally all citrus.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

BaronVonVaderham posted:

First time looking inside a tech company?

Here's a transcript snippet, the CEO of the place I left back in April speaking in an all-hands meeting AMA. Someone asked about what the company was doing to increase diversity in leadership roles (after they refused to disclose DEI stats, saying they were "not available", but someone had manually compiled from the org chart that we were down to ~9% women):

Was this a company ending in "y"? I'm wondering whether we work/ed for the same company

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Nope, ended in an 'e' (or an 's', it depends).

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

teethgrinder posted:

My last one started with 50% of leadership being women.
the company I work for has become much more man-heavy since I started, but it's still 90+% and it's the best job I've ever had

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1537109678102044672

I haven't even looked at the replies yet but I'm sure they belong here.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

All the chuds left nascar a year or two ago for being too woke so the comments should be free of anyone saying they’re mad, because they’re not a bunch of hypocrites at all.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I have a collection of cheesy shirts I wear to bed, thus that Yasscar shirt is perfect. :colbert:

Yeah, the mega (MAGA?) chuds bailed when Nascar banned the rebel flags a few years ago. I did find this:
https://twitter.com/Drewthedude11/status/1537109994751016962
https://twitter.com/ChrisOverland47/status/1537110882265845761
https://twitter.com/Drewthedude11/status/1537203367734394887

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Oh absolutely...if they were hiring diverse candidates at any level who they could eventually promote. When you put it in the context of the other reprehensible poo poo this guy spews, though, you see that giving the benefit of the doubt is impossible. It's a depressingly common cliche excuse.

But yeah I never got the whole executive hiring thing. Our CFO had quit, and they were like, "Well, it'll take forever to find someone qualified...." because you can apparently only hire people who have been a CFO already? It's funny how the chicken and egg experience issue comes around to get you again when you get to the top.

It all makes sense when you realise executive level positions are meant to be the assigned fiefs for the sons of the noble class. They don't promote from within. There's been a lot of successful effort to obfuscate this, and this is why the glass ceiling exists- middle management is meant to be a dead end where you do all the real work so the executive can enjoy cocaine and Epstein Island.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Read After Burning posted:

This was trending again today, and I'm absolutely dying in the Squid Games at this exchange in the comments.
https://twitter.com/JohnTudor1/status/1537194153989349376

Gonna put out a preemptive "big cash prize? no! deadly consequences"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Read After Burning posted:

I have a collection of cheesy shirts I wear to bed, thus that Yasscar shirt is perfect. :colbert:

Yeah, the mega (MAGA?) chuds bailed when Nascar banned the rebel flags a few years ago. I did find this:
https://twitter.com/Drewthedude11/status/1537109994751016962
https://twitter.com/ChrisOverland47/status/1537110882265845761
https://twitter.com/Drewthedude11/status/1537203367734394887

Does he even own that monkey? I thought Twitter put official ones in a hexagon or something now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

Does he even own that monkey? I thought Twitter put official ones in a hexagon or something now

No, avantara has them 100% pegged