Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Somehow Bitcoinis actually rebounding a bit. Baffling until the end

Whales gonna whale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

ultrafilter posted:

Whales gonna whale.

So what we need right now is some whalers on the moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8V2U7vTys0&t=6s

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

greazeball posted:

I just wanted to see how today's volume measured up historically and

Does trading volume usually go down as a market matures? Are coiners losing interest for some reason?

If not outright inaccurate it's almost certainly measured in the number of trades and not in dollar value. As the dollar value of a single Bitcoin increases, you'd expect to see downward pressure on the raw number of Bitcoins being traded, all other things being equal.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

ryde posted:

If not outright inaccurate it's almost certainly measured in the number of trades and not in dollar value. As the dollar value of a single Bitcoin increases, you'd expect to see downward pressure on the raw number of Bitcoins being traded, all other things being equal.

But isn’t the chart the number of trades, not the number of bitcoins being traded? You can trade tiny pieces of a bitcoin.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

The Pirate Captain posted:

But isn’t the chart the number of trades, not the number of bitcoins being traded? You can trade tiny pieces of a bitcoin.

Volume is usually expressed in terms of total shares (or coins in this case I guess) moved. A single big swinging dick coming in to buy a quarter of all the shares in a company needs to pop like mad on a volume chart as opposed to being lost in the noise of random retail traders buying one and two shares.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

greazeball posted:

Does trading volume usually go down as a market matures? Are coiners losing interest for some reason?

It's probably the quantity of bitcoin, not dollars, that was traded.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

did number go up today?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Call Your Grandma posted:

did number go up today?

Number isn't coming home anymore.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

LifeSunDeath posted:

Number went out for cigarettes yesterday and will be back any time now.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Lazyfire posted:

Number went out for cigarettes yesterday and will be back any time now.

he was last seen with Terry, so yeah, don't stay up.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

did number go up today?
Why even ask, number can only go up even when it goes down

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

greazeball posted:

the tether printer jammed

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

did number go up today?

Yes. It went down too

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Heath posted:

Yes. It went down too

And then up. Then down. Then up. Then down. And repeat that cycle every second for three hours.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

"Great talent, bad fit."

When you see anybody in a hiring position, but especially a hwaet dude at a tech company, talk about "fit", just punch them. What it means is "I'm concerned I won't feel as comfortable doing the slurs and sexism/racism I find so fun if this person is around".

I had a friend who briefly ran a tiny startup of like 2-3 people. Even as a decent guy he still vaguely talked about culture/fit when considering hiring a woman. poo poo got awkward fast when I asked any followup question. He was a decent guy though and listened and got past some of his unconscious poo poo and hired her. She did excellent work and did not make sexist jokes at the bar with him after work, and nothing of value was lost.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

And then up. Then down. Then up. Then down. And repeat that cycle every second for three hours.

Pictured: Number: :fap:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

especially a hwaet dude

What like Beowulf?

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Scratch Monkey posted:

What like Beowulf?

hwaet like beowulf. mayo rear end beowulf

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Scratch Monkey posted:

What like Beowulf?

Hwæt. We Gardena in geardagum, þeodcyninga, þrym gefrunon, hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.

Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum, monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah, egsode eorlas. Syððan ærest wearð feasceaft funden, he þæs frofre gebad, weox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þah, oðþæt him æghwylc þara ymbsittendra ofer hronrade hyran scolde, gomban gyldan. þæt wæs god cyning. ðæm eafera wæs æfter cenned, geong in geardum, þone god sende folce to frofre; fyrenðearfe ongeat þe hie ær drugon aldorlease lange hwile.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

Number went out in the boat with Al Neri, on a fishing trip way out in the middle of the lake.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Number went out in the boat with Al Neri, on a fishing trip way out in the middle of the lake.

Lake City Quiet Shills.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

"whether someone can identify as a different race and be allowed to use the n word"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

A question for the ages there.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the more pressing question for me is why somebody who presumably feels as if they cannot freely use the n-word so desperately want to

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Papa John of Crypto.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Mozi posted:

the more pressing question for me is why somebody who presumably feels as if they cannot freely use the n-word so desperately want to

Crippling insecurities, it's always crippling insecurities

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I can tell when the price is recovering because this thread gets no replies

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

God drat, Issac Childres is the loving man.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Interesting thread where someone who claims to market make "9 figures" of crypto a day says their partner basically took their money and went full degen with it

https://twitter.com/Danny8BC/status/1537224378554806272

h/t amyc

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Mozi posted:

have you ever noticed sometimes when you tell a toddler "no", especially for something they're used to hearing "yes" for, they melt down?

well it turns out that an enormous part of western culture is always saying yes to white people, especially rich ones, and they never matured past that thinking. One of them was president!

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

drk posted:

Interesting thread where someone who claims to market make "9 figures" of crypto a day says their partner basically took their money and went full degen with it

h/t amyc

This is a lol, and I think the counter-party risks webbed through crypto will make this extra funny. If this is true it seems 3AC is dead man walking.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
I actually dont think I heard of 3AC until this month - who are they? One of those background players who no one hears about until they go bust?

Also, lol at this "up only" avatar, aged reaaaal well (and actually appears to describe their leveraged long trading strategy p. well)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Heath posted:

I can tell when the price is recovering because this thread gets no replies

Other way around. When this thread gets no traffic the crypto price has the opportunity to recover.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
wait, that was their whole thing wasnt it

video james says three up arrows is extra good, therefore we lever the gently caress out of your our bets

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Serious_Cyclone posted:

We're going to throw a Koosh ball around the room, and whoever catches it has to give the team an example of a good thing that Hitler did

Well, I hear he did kill Hitler

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

drk posted:

h/t amyc

Ok this is getting fun:
https://twitter.com/Danny8BC/status/1537224401690980352

I guess we now know what this

https://twitter.com/zhusu/status/1536876343815983104

is about

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

The price have settled around 22500 and will flutter around that price for a few months.

Doesn't help that the exchange are slowing down the sell of crypto and only let people buy.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
This crash has a different feel to it. It seems like this time around the defi craze has resulted in the buildup of a huge number of leveraged positions, and we're seeing margin calls and liquidations on the way down, with domino effects.

Also tether seems to be feeling the heat and isn't printing to prop the price up.

HappyHippo fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 16, 2022

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Bleusilences posted:

The price have settled around 22500 and will flutter around that price for a few months.

Doesn't help that the exchange are slowing down the sell of crypto and only let people buy.

How does that work? The other half of every buy is a sell. Like, someone has to be selling for someone else to be able to buy. It's a 1:1 thing.

I absolutely believe they're doing some shady poo poo to prevent people exiting the market tho. Just maybe not specifically that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

How does that work? The other half of every buy is a sell. Like, someone has to be selling for someone else to be able to buy. It's a 1:1 thing.

I absolutely believe they're doing some shady poo poo to prevent people exiting the market tho. Just maybe not specifically that?

Celsius doesn't allow anyone to withdraw, and a million people use that if you believe their numbers. Tether has printed billions in past situations like this, but you can't really be sure there aren't other stable coins doing the same right now.

At the end of the day there are also many rubes who think this is a great moment to average down, so I believe that there may be people buying at this price.