Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

https://imgur.com/4HcRa25.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:gritty:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mustached5thGrader posted:

It kills me that this is the only thing of mine that ever went viral and I’m not credited for it in any way because my name was taken out of the screenshot from my next door when someone posted it on Twitter

Stolen soup valor.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

sensei means teacher, but thats more of an occupation or a role. a teacher would be a senpai to their students, but also a senior teacher would be senpai to other teachers, the oldest student in the class would be senpai to other students, and so on. japan has a fuckload of really detailed honorifics and terms indicating social position & status in a group, to the point that your grammar will change depending on the social position discrepancy between you and the person you are talking to/about. senpai basically means "person who is supposed to act like a mentor to me and outranks me even if not by very much", the opposite is kouhai. even if we're talking about two grizzled dudes who work in a garage, whoever got hired first is the senpai and the other is the kouhai

What is Japanese for Comrade

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Does anime have a :chloe; emote yet

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

quote:

It kills me that this is the only thing of mine that ever went viral and I’m not credited for it in any way because my name was taken out of the screenshot from my next door when someone posted it on Twitter

drat, that sucks!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

lol

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Oh nice, where'd you get that?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ColumboScreens/status/1536740244577366017

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Plastik posted:

Oh nice, where'd you get that?

ebaumsworld, I think

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

lol

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Nose posted:

My daughter and her friend decided to make a Sonic the Hedgehog cake; they took some artistic license:

i'm a day late on sonic cake but

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

Milo and POTUS posted:

What is Japanese for Comrade

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Mustached5thGrader posted:

there's still time to add your SA Grenade watermark and recirculate

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Kenning posted:

I made it like 4 or 5 days before I realized that what he meant is that eating a liquid diet without regular timed meals makes you feel deeply and abstractly lonely. It's completely intolerable, even if you don't mind the flavor and your guts tolerate it. I still used it for breakfasts for a couple years because mornings suck, but goddamn I'd never try it as a true meal replacement again.

Hello, yes, I would like to know more about the dreaded Liquid Lonelies

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tree Bucket posted:

Turn off your monitor... and wait an hour.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

LifeSunDeath posted:

"Go into Autozone and ask for more 'Bukkake Fluid.'"

Brakeke Fluid

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

TopHatGenius posted:

Brakeke Fluid

yes this exactly

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Tree Bucket posted:

It's very strange, the first day you don't really notice it cause it's just some weird thing you're doing, but by the end of the second day it feels like there's a pane of glass between you and everyone else. I was still chatting with my coworkers and friends and people online, but something about reaching in the fridge and pouring out a pint of fluid and then sitting back at the computer or whatever just makes you feel like no one else is there. It's an amazingly strong feeling that made the process almost immediately unbearable. Sometimes when I'm very busy I don't have time for proper meals, but even just grabbing a random snack of lunch meat and pickles makes you feel so much more alive than liquid food.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Kenning posted:

It's very strange, the first day you don't really notice it cause it's just some weird thing you're doing, but by the end of the second day it feels like there's a pane of glass between you and everyone else. I was still chatting with my coworkers and friends and people online, but something about reaching in the fridge and pouring out a pint of fluid and then sitting back at the computer or whatever just makes you feel like no one else is there. It's an amazingly strong feeling that made the process almost immediately unbearable. Sometimes when I'm very busy I don't have time for proper meals, but even just grabbing a random snack of lunch meat and pickles makes you feel so much more alive than liquid food.

I have some coworkers who drink huel or something, but they still do it at lunchtime and sit at the table during the lunch break. I feel the "take my lunch at the computer" part may be a bigger contributor than "my lunch is a liquid"?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

It's more about it being your primary food source. I work in a greenhouse and am pretty social, and had Soylent for breakfast for years without issue. But something changed when it became almost all of my calories, and it sucked.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The important thing to remember with Soylent is that it's a scam.

There's a zillion nutrients your body needs that aren't in "meal replacements". There's so many amino acids and oddball poo poo like lycopene where it's not immediately noticable if it's missing from your diet, the way vitamin C or whatever is, but on a short timeline you're going to have fatigue and confusion and lethargy, and on a long enough timeline you're going to have massive muscle loss, organ failure, and death.

We are so extremely not meant to live on sugar water and the 40 or so things you find in a multivitamin. That's fine if you have 1 a day with normal food, but only consuming that poo poo is denying yourself hundreds of essential things you need to be healthy and also alive.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

MyronMulch posted:

It's not the outfit that gets me, it's the smug rakishness combined with putting his dirty shoe up on a wooden bench inside an aquarium where people pay to see pretty fishies and maybe sit down and not get poo poo all over their pants because some smug dork doesn't know how to behave in public.

This take is genuinely weirder than the outfit in the photo.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
They called it Soylent

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Heath posted:

They called it Soylent

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Whybird posted:

This take is genuinely weirder than the outfit in the photo.

I wanted to say something but I didn't want people to think I was defending that guy per se

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Kenning posted:

It's more about it being your primary food source. I work in a greenhouse and am pretty social, and had Soylent for breakfast for years without issue. But something changed when it became almost all of my calories, and it sucked.

Chewing releases chemicals in your brain.

Hirano Y, Onozuka M. [Chewing and cognitive function. Brain Nerve. 2014 Jan;66(1):25-32. Japanese. PMID: 24371128. posted:

Chewing does not only crush food to aid swallowing and digestion; it also helps to relieve stress and regulate cognitive functions, including alertness and executive function.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Beachcomber posted:

Chewing releases chemicals in your brain.

Wait is that why stress eating happens?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

kirbysuperstar posted:

One reason, but that's mostly about the dopamine you get from tasting food and becoming fuller.

I've been stress chewing since I was a baby. Blankets, fronts of shirts. Kicked it for awhile, but picked up chewing paper towels for a bit after college. Fine now.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

kirbysuperstar posted:

Theoretically.

There's a whole thing about baseball guys chewing gum/tobacco because it improves focus and then science nerds studied it a hundred years later and were like "wait maybe they're onto something"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Beachcomber posted:

One reason, but that's mostly about the dopamine you get from tasting food and becoming fuller.

Also this. Snacking, like eating popcorn during a movie, actually holds your attention and pumps you up.

We didn't understand the science a hundred years ago, but we instinctively understood lazily grazing while taking in information does something for us to help us focus and remember. And now popcorn is synonymous with movies.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Huh. That's neat. Thank you funny picture thread, we all learned something today.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://i.imgur.com/UhirQDK.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/54t8Dkc.mp4

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The Anime Liker posted:

Theoretically.

There's a whole thing about baseball guys chewing gum/tobacco because it improves focus and then science nerds studied it a hundred years later and were like "wait maybe they're onto something"

Tobacco, of course, is also a stimulant.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

I wanted to say something but I didn't want people to think I was defending that guy per se

I will absolutely go to bat for peoples' right to dress like a tit in public. Ain't my jam, but it's about as harmless a hobby as you can have. You go hog wild, my weird-dressing friend.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Heath posted:

They called it Soylent

Nerds think repeating things from sci-fi movies make them smart.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The Anime Liker posted:

Also this. Snacking, like eating popcorn during a movie, actually holds your attention and pumps you up.

We didn't understand the science a hundred years ago, but we instinctively understood lazily grazing while taking in information does something for us to help us focus and remember. And now popcorn is synonymous with movies.

weird. i stopped getting popcorn/snacks for movies, cause i while i do eat a bit during the trailers i always end up forgetting about them when the movie starts so its a complete waste of money

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Carthag Tuek posted:

weird. i stopped getting popcorn/snacks for movies, cause i while i do eat a bit during the trailers i always end up forgetting about them when the movie starts so its a complete waste of money

Not going to say you're weird because I'm far from a psychologist and am just doing a dumb guy translation, but all the memes/tweets about "finding the perfect show on Netflix/YouTube before I eat" is all related.

There's a natural connection to taking in information and grazing.

Sports being tied to gum/tobacco, TV being tied to eating dinner, popcorn tied to movies, snacking and studying, it's all connected. Chewing and focusing/retaining information is linked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Carthag Tuek posted:

You still have popcorn left when the movie starts?