Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Potato Salad posted:

Is your decriminalized substance paraphernalia an unregistered destructive device?

IT'S MORE LIKELY THAN YOU THINK!

It’s an empty plastic tube. It’s not regulated in any way, especially not under the NFA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You would think that, but…

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Does anyone ITT remember an European artist/architect that spent decades making the interior of their garden shed into that sort of thing l but then they/the Nazis/someone else/just fire lol burnt it down? I saw a documentary on TV about the guy once but that was like 20 years ago :(

Kurt Schwitters' Merzbau?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think that must be it. Thank you!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Emulating H.H.Holmes' murder hotel on the cheap?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

With a free bouldering mini-gym!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

And that's probably the sanest bit in the whole house.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hey if you want both a garage and to build on a hill on a budget, you can’t take your options for granite. :colbert:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I kind of love it when houses are built around naturally occurring rocks.

I do not love this.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I do not love this.

oh dude that looks rad, id try it on

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Nice.

I turned mine into a bong, but whatever.

Just smdh if you're not ripping fat ones and screaming "I AM THE LAW" every time.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

I do not love this.

I feel like if you're going to have rocks in the house they should be in the bathroom, but this also feels like slightly too much rock. I think I like it overall, though. Maybe the dual showerheads are unfairly influencing me here.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Also sharp rocky edges next to those steps which are slipping hazards. For when you want to make completely sure that any accidents in the bathroom are fatal.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I do not love this.

This looks like a potential crime scene from a Colombo episode.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

PurpleXVI posted:

Also sharp rocky edges next to those steps which are slipping hazards. For when you want to make completely sure that any accidents in the bathroom are fatal.

Need the life insurance to pay for the remodel.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo

I do not love this.

Would it be better if they drilled and attached hand rails to the rocks? You know, for safety?

Also how the gently caress do you clean soap scum off rock? Just impossible to clean that shower properly, but that's the housekeeper's problem right?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Check it out Beavis the two rocks in the mirror are having it doggie style.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Slayerjerman posted:

Would it be better if they drilled and attached hand rails to the rocks? You know, for safety?

Also how the gently caress do you clean soap scum off rock? Just impossible to clean that shower properly, but that's the housekeeper's problem right?

A bristled brush will do it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
BRB, designing a tub for a beach house that is a tide pool and supports marine life.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
that wouldn't be too bad if it was outside and had some high-traction flooring. like a pool shower.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Wonder how long these have left.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Javid posted:

Wonder how long these have left.

One more winter at that rate. Or one really fat person. Or washing machine install.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Reminds me of breaking several of the boards on a friend's front stairs as we tried to grunt a gun safe up them and into his house. :allears:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Arrath posted:

Reminds me of breaking several of the boards on a friend's front stairs as we tried to grunt a gun safe up them and into his house. :allears:

Reminds me of when my cousin threw a party and, aside from all the other ways they trashed the house, they dropped the keg and broke one of the basement stairs. Knowing there was no way to clean up in time, my cousin fled the scene so his mom (basically if Lois from Malcolm In The Middle was single) would have time to calm down after she got home. This ended up being counter-productive.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdTpxey6/?k=1

She made a chia toilet.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

A worthy experiment. Easy enough to undo, at least - it was already trying on first use.
Best part is if you miss, you're just watering the chia.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Darchangel posted:

A worthy experiment. Easy enough to undo, at least - it was already trying on first use.
Best part is if you miss, you're just watering the chia.

I can smell the video

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

You would think that, but…

For those that don't get the reference:

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/01/25/shoestring-machine-gun/

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Oh sure when I spackle my toilet I'm called gross but when she does it it's art.

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

I do not love this.

I bet the radon levels in this room are out of control

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://i.imgur.com/HNSVFnr.mp4

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Oh man you can see it giving in while he's still gearing up.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's baffling. The floor is stout enough to support a pool table but not a bouncy dude. From the cheap florescent lighting it looks like they are in a garage or a basement, but then he falls into a 5 foot deep hole. Looking out the window it could be an upper floor, but who puts their rec room upstairs?

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
I'd guess a second floor in a garage or a garage loft space. Possible rotten plywood subfloor? All the poo poo on the lower shelf has garage vibes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I know extremely little about construction and I'm afraid.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

By popular demand posted:

I know extremely little about construction and I'm afraid.

I know even less than you and I'm wincing at the visible deflection between the angle of the piece of wood on the left and the one on the right.

If my idiot eyes can see how much poo poo is giving with that cut I imagine someone who knows anything is probably just screaming into a pillow.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cyrano4747 posted:

I know even less than you and I'm wincing at the visible deflection between the angle of the piece of wood on the left and the one on the right.

If my idiot eyes can see how much poo poo is giving with that cut I imagine someone who knows anything is probably just screaming into a pillow.

I stole it from /r/electricians.

It’s not actually bearing much load. People in the comments debated whether to offer to fix it for the client, moonlighting as a carpenter, or just tell them they need to hire a carpenter.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jun 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr.belowaverage
Aug 16, 2004

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen
Hahaha the drop ceiling frame is secured to those newly cantilevered pieces on the left. Probably also on the right.
Really well done :bravo: