Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

can you not post untagged spoilers such as the fact that zenos didn't even die in stormblood

this is why people have now resorted to talking about story in the new players thread, because people love making this one a minefield

The dude literally appears in the opening video for the last two expansions. He was all over the advertising. I looked at a review of Endwalker and it is literally a picture of him. I think that particular spoiler is well and truly out of the bag.

Like I absolutely understand wanting to avoid spoilers but asking people to avoid spoilers that there are multiple ways to see by things like "booting up the game" "looking at the art that was on the launcher until 6.1" and "literally on the shop page to purchase the game" is excessive. By that logic nobody can discuss any of the Scions because they all have death fakeouts at some point.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

The man called M posted:

Is there some emotional payoff to doing the weeklies after the NieR Raids?

:yokotaro:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

He's also fake-dead for all of like one patch iirc

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Some people don't watch trailers for expansions they're not up to for exactly that reason. It's no effort whatsoever to use tags.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I had the Crystal Exarch's identity spoiled to me by this thread and it sucked poo poo, just be better safe than sorry.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Understand the beauty of a story is in the telling of it and what you take from it, not from the hard facts of what happens in it.

Free yourselves from the mind prison of Spoiler Culture, friends.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
goons comprehending that other people might be more sensitive to spoilers than they are challenge [impossible]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't even loving open the thread when there's new story stuff out until well after i finish all of it

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Understand the beauty of a story is in the telling of it and what you take from it, not from the hard facts of what happens in it.

Free yourselves from the mind prison of Spoiler Culture, friends.

Yeah I already tried this, it doesn't work. The next few pages are going to be tedious. Come back Monday.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If you want to talk about another tedious subject, there are a grand total of nine non-FC houses for sale on my server, all smalls, none in particularly good locations, none in Empyreum, and after a day of bidding all of them have triple-digit bidders.

There's a small in a great location (beachfront) and one medium also vacant but unavailable, so they'll be auctioned in the next cycle, and I can only imagine how many people will fight over those. How's the housing situation where you are?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

FuturePastNow posted:

If you want to talk about another tedious subject, there are a grand total of nine non-FC houses for sale on my server, all smalls, none in particularly good locations, none in Empyreum, and after a day of bidding all of them have triple-digit bidders.

There's a small in a great location (beachfront) and one medium also vacant but unavailable, so they'll be auctioned in the next cycle, and I can only imagine how many people will fight over those. How's the housing situation where you are?

Any idea how many open FC plots there are?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Warmachine posted:

Any idea how many open FC plots there are?

I didn't look very thoroughly, but not many, except for smalls in Empyreum. Those are almost all vacant outside of ward #1.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I feel like the FC ward/player ward split isn't really the best solution but I also don't know what a better one is. FCs should absolutely have easier access to houses than players should. But we already have a situation where so many of the "FC wards" are 90% players. So I hate when people say "there are only 6 player wards" because while not completely untrue, it misrepresents the situation to a degree.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

But again, that's just the housing situation on my server, which is not where the goon FCs are located so most of you are probably playing elsewhere.

I wonder if they realized that letting us see the number of bidders on each property would also let us see just how many people want houses they can't get :v:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

I feel like the FC ward/player ward split isn't really the best solution but I also don't know what a better one is. FCs should absolutely have easier access to houses than players should. But we already have a situation where so many of the "FC wards" are 90% players. So I hate when people say "there are only 6 player wards" because while not completely untrue, it misrepresents the situation to a degree.

The first thing that comes to mind is making FC houses have a 'minimum player count' attached to them, based on house size, to prevent single-player FCs from buying and holding an FC property. And if you go below that count, it ticks down a destruction timer while going back above adds a day on for each day you remain above the minimum (to prevent cheesing timer resets).

If you want a 1-player FC for a meme tag, that's fine, but you shouldn't be able to squat on something intended for groups.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Warmachine posted:

The first thing that comes to mind is making FC houses have a 'minimum player count' attached to them, based on house size, to prevent single-player FCs from buying and holding an FC property. And if you go below that count, it ticks down a destruction timer while going back above adds a day on for each day you remain above the minimum (to prevent cheesing timer resets).

If you want a 1-player FC for a meme tag, that's fine, but you shouldn't be able to squat on something intended for groups.

I've thought about that but I feel like there's already a natural selection aspect to it. FCs have multiple bids on a plot. So an FC with 100 members can, technically, have all 100 members on the plot.

I was able to upgrade my FC house during the 2nd round. Found this lovely medium in Lavender Beds. By the end, there were 6 votes on it, three were from my FC. We were lucky enough to win it. Any FC with a ton of members will already have an advantage when obtaining a new house.

If, on the other hand, you're referring to large "joke" FCs that have already scooped up larges and mediums years ago, that's a different conversation.

The real problem isn't joke FCs, it's players with multiple accounts & FCs. I'm in an airship/sub discord and people will often have conversations about how many shell FCs they have. One person talked about having somewhere around 8 shell FCs across too accounts. Another guy has 80+ across 4 accounts across the entire datacenter.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

jalapeno_dude posted:

goons comprehending that other people might be more sensitive to spoilers than they are challenge [impossible]

You were the person in Sanguinia’s Stormblood LP thread arguing that telling them the expansion was called “Crimson Liberators” in Japanese was a spoiler

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

SirSamVimes posted:

can you not post untagged spoilers such as the fact that zenos didn't even die in stormblood

this is why people have now resorted to talking about story in the new players thread, because people love making this one a minefield

On the one hand, I feel like somebody hell-bent on avoiding even the login screen trailer is probably not going to be hanging out anywhere near forum threads, where there is a significant chance of being inadvertently spoiled. On the other hand, I feel like someone diligent enough to successfully avoid the login screen trailer should be supported whole-heartedly in their ambitions. Who are we to deny them the fruits of that extreme labor? :shrug:

In any case, if you're going to poke anyone about openly spoiling (post-StB spoilers I guess but if you're following this conversation you surely already know what's in here)Zenos' resurrection it should be Kwyndig rather than Madmarker (who quoted them), seeing as said quote originally contained the phrase (EW spoiler if you don't watch login screen trailers)"Zenos in EW" without any spoiler bar at all, let alone a note on which expansion the spoiler is for. It's entirely fair to say that the link should be tagged with the expansion name to prevent post-StB-pre-EW folks from accidentally spoiling themselves on EW content, IMO, but that's an issue with a somewhat different focus than your complaint.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Chillgamesh posted:

You were the person in Sanguinia’s Stormblood LP thread arguing that telling them the expansion was called “Crimson Liberators” in Japanese was a spoiler

lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Must suck to be Japanese and buy an expansion and be spoiled just looking at the box...

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Can't believe that Shadowbringers was named "Tataru Was An Ascian All Along" for its japanese release.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Chillgamesh posted:

Yep, and Sanguinia thanked the person who wrote the post for editing it to hide the color information for the expansions they hadn't gotten to!

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jun 16, 2022

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

jalapeno_dude posted:

Yep, and Sanguinia thanked the person who wrote the post for editing it to hide the color information for the expansions they hadn't gotten to!

Which was in fact the discussion, not Crimson Liberators but the names for Shadowbringers and Endwalker.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

jalapeno_dude posted:

Making a grand false equivalence between determining what is/what is not a spoiler and a blanket thread policy of not discussing future expansions for any reason

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ImpAtom posted:

The dude literally appears in the opening video for the last two expansions. He was all over the advertising. I looked at a review of Endwalker and it is literally a picture of him. I think that particular spoiler is well and truly out of the bag.

Like I absolutely understand wanting to avoid spoilers but asking people to avoid spoilers that there are multiple ways to see by things like "booting up the game" "looking at the art that was on the launcher until 6.1" and "literally on the shop page to purchase the game" is excessive. By that logic nobody can discuss any of the Scions because they all have death fakeouts at some point.

Just use spoiler tags it really isn't that hard. Then again I don't have a horse in this race because I don't check the thread or leave fc chat on when new content is out until I've done it because ya'll suck so much at them.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Which was in fact the discussion, not Crimson Liberators but the names for Shadowbringers and Endwalker.

TBH I don't really see what the Japanese titles of those two expacs imply that isn't already implied in the English titles.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Ibblebibble posted:

TBH I don't really see what the Japanese titles of those two expacs imply that isn't already implied in the English titles.

Pitch Black Villains has a hugely different intention than Shadowbringers. But also the issue at hand wasn't whether they were actually spoilers, but that talking about those things before they're things Sanguinia would encounter if they were playing at the time the game came out.

Talking about future stuff outside spoilers in that thread is against the thread rules, it's just that simple.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Pitch Black Villains has a hugely different intention than Shadowbringers. But also the issue at hand wasn't whether they were actually spoilers, but that talking about those things before they're things Sanguinia would encounter if they were playing at the time the game came out.

Talking about future stuff outside spoilers in that thread is against the thread rules, it's just that simple.

Not really, you can read Shadowbringers the same way. Shadowbringer sure sounds like a villainous title.

Also Sanguinia has already said that she knows what the English titles of the expacs are, so there's really 0 point in hiding the Japanese titles either.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jun 16, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

As someone who posted about the JP titles, I ended up editing less because "omg JP titles are spoiler!!!" and more because the threads had a history of people ending up slipping into endgame spoiler stuff and talking about anything from the future could lead to piggybacking more spoilers.

Spoiler culture is a complicated business: obviously if a twist is ruined by spoilers it's a bad twist but for mr it can drop my motivation wo watch/read/play the media.

Edit: of course it's not like my post was needed since mods had to edit the post after the very first SB update for spoilers.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jun 16, 2022

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Almost every player ward is full but I saw a small in Kugane and tossed my bid in as lucky number 117. lol.

Time to start watching apartments I guess or bite the bullet on a FC room, better never leave my FC.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I didn't think housing situation is this dire, I remember seeing plenty of empty plots years ago, I even managed to buy house twice (I lost the first one). I suppose this might be an effect of booming game population and suspension of reclamations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ibblebibble posted:

I'd say that knowing both can lead to speculation over what the differences can mean, etc.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
That reminds me, didn't the devs say during a live letter or an interview or something a few years back that "Stormblood" wasn't actually their first choice (or even in their top ten choices) for the English title of that expansion, but it's the one they eventually had to settle for because all of the other choices they'd picked were already copyrighted by other IPs?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Chillgamesh posted:

Every time with the spoiler criers.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Pitch Black Villains has a hugely different intention than Shadowbringers.

Not really. Shadow/Darkness has had a connection to the bad guys for 8 years at the point ShB came out so "The Person Bringing Darkness to the world" is pretty obvious villain coding. About 10% less obvious that "PITCH BLACK VILLAINS" but it is clearly the same intention.

Argas posted:

I'd say that knowing both can lead to speculation over what the differences can mean, etc.

Okay but that's not....a spoiler.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Getting the vapours over marginally different implications of the openly advertised names of the expansions does seem like a good illustration of how stupid spoilerphobia is in itself

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im just going to start posting like this forever. Get owned newbies. Thou shalt never know my thoughts again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Control Volume posted:

Im just going to start posting like this forever. Get owned newbies. Thou shalt never know my thoughts again

post/username combo