Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

digging getting more of Ruby's perspective recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

also new chapter up as mentioned on last page

Annointed posted:

https://guya.cubari.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/84/1/

Oh gods Aqua is getting carted and controlled by ruby. Ruby going full Yabe

(also on md)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ruby has becometh the danger

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I decided I would read this as I'd caught up kaguya and saw it was getting an anime. And holy poo poo Aka is a loving madman in the best way. Also I really dig the art.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

New chapter, more Ruby

https://guya.cubari.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/85/1/

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ruby with weapons grade moe

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Annointed posted:

Ruby with weapons grade moe

Having that scene with the black star eyes of murder gives it a very different tone.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

chiasaur11 posted:

Having that scene with the black star eyes of murder gives it a very different tone.

That's intended, yeah. She's scanning every male anywhere close to the correct age and thinking "is the motherfucker I have to ice this one?"

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Omobono posted:

That's intended, yeah. She's scanning every male anywhere close to the correct age and thinking "do I have to ice this motherfucker?"

I meant that as a compliment, to be clear. Having a goofy scene with the visuals simultaneously conveying "This is all to get in position for murderous revenge" makes for a very fun, if bleak, contrast.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Heh, she actually is looking for a motherfucker.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://guya.cubari.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/86/1/

We dress up darling now

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I did not know there was a subplot in that about Marin plotting revenge on her mother's killer.

Must have not paid enough attention back when it was airing.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm kinda curious why Ruby is orbiting around this sadsack AD given his sub-dogshit position in the industry. Does she intend on literally making him into her long-term project to get an inside man in the mid-tiers of production?

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
It was the tip she got from her mother's old manager. Befriend Assistant Directors because they evolve into full Directors.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

no idea how this will work from the awful app but the literal last page of the previous chapter lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm kinda curious why Ruby is orbiting around this sadsack AD given his sub-dogshit position in the industry. Does she intend on literally making him into her long-term project to get an inside man in the mid-tiers of production?

Forming bonds, friendships and networking with people to around your same level is incredibly important in show business

It's the concept of networking across.

Rather than just hoping for a come up off of networking with some famous person who wasn't in the trenches with you and only a loose tie.

You form bonds and build real relationships where they call on you and you can call on them for favors. As everyone is on a equal level, and then they can pull you up or you can pull them up as you get higher in the industry. Raising all of you together.

Like being genuine friends and helping out a director will get you gigs for the rest of your life.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

Reading comprehension is hard, I understand.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Erg posted:

no idea how this will work from the awful app but the literal last page of the previous chapter lol

Some people really have a short memory it seems

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Why is Ruby-chan spending time with that loser instead of me?!?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm curious to see how this will shake out. Because while we've seen Aqua come up with clever schemes to help someone in trouble that he sympathizes with, we've never really seen Ruby put in a similar position.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Shes got the black stars so it's going to work out in her favor

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I meant more that it seems like a very long-term play and Ruby has kind of been laser focused ever since learning the truth, so I'm surprised that she's got the patience for slow-burn tactics

If anything, though, that makes her a scarier prospect

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I'm picturing her doing some misstep in her plotting and Aqua saves her 8 dimensional chess style.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I would love it if Ruby can basically bullshit her way out of messes with sheer charisma.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Annointed posted:

I would love it if Ruby can basically bullshit her way out of messes with sheer charisma.

Charisma and murder.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

doomisland posted:

I'm picturing her doing some misstep in her plotting and Aqua saves her 8 dimensional chess style.

Just caught up with the entire series, but I feel like Aqua doesn't have it in him do that anymore, now that he's lost his drive (and the star in his eye). He's content coasting along at his current skill level, but I can't see him doing a big-brained play out of nowhere.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Clarste posted:

Just caught up with the entire series, but I feel like Aqua doesn't have it in him do that anymore, now that he's lost his drive (and the star in his eye). He's content coasting along at his current skill level, but I can't see him doing a big-brained play out of nowhere.
Nay, some sort of catalyst would have to occur to get him back in the game

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

It's because he loves his sister.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://guya.cubari.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/87/1/

VTUBERS LETS loving GOOOOOOOOOO

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I guess we have to ban everyone in the thread now. Sorry, but those are the rules.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Well, can't blame Akane for trying to make the most of things when she knows she's doomed

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
is that Akasaka's art as the vtuber model :lmao:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

theGrooseofLegend posted:

is that Akasaka's art as the vtuber model :lmao:

lol I didn't pick up on that, that's genius.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Clarste posted:

I guess we have to ban everyone in the thread now. Sorry, but those are the rules.

brb gonna get raided by cqs

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 88

Welp guess we gotta :gas: this thread.

Incompetent bosses really are the worst :argh:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I hear the sounds of CQS in the distance.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

Annointed posted:

I hear the sounds of CQS in the distance.

Just read the first post and jumped to the current page of the thread to get an idea of how the series is going. Did it do a bad? Or am I missing ironic post context since I haven't read the spoiler posts?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jomo posted:

Just read the first post and jumped to the current page of the thread to get an idea of how the series is going. Did it do a bad? Or am I missing ironic post context since I haven't read the spoiler posts?

There's a Vtuber in Oshi No Ko, so that lead to jokes about forum drama. That's pretty much it for now. Series is going well. We're finally getting more Ruby after she was backgrounded for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm not sure what I'm more afraid of in this arc: Either Ruby's going to be blindsided by the lovely director's decisions and they'll have to deal with people assuming they're doing OnlyFans stuff on the side, or this is going all according to Ruby's plan and she's fine with her friend risking her career here, even if Ruby does have a plan to turn things around.