Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
He's really upset somebody said the constitution can be inartfully written

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Thank you John Wood for reading this guys written words for him, Jesus Christ. It would have taken the judge at least ten times as long.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

That’s a fake name

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
"It was not inartfully written, it was pristine clear that the Vice President of the United States had little constitutional authority if any at all."

I think Judge Luttig is currently constituted, primarily, of gravitas.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 16, 2022

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

TulliusCicero posted:

He seems genuinely upset

Dude is a Constitutional Lawyer and scholar, so it probably hits harder than most people

That's my read too. Also he may not be great at parties.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
at least the stenographer gets a break today.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Just for fun I had a google doc open to see if I could type it up verbatim, with punctuation.

I was still opening up solitaire between clauses.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Stenographer?

They could use a calligrapher.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Jacob looks like Luttig worked him over for all time and he is aware of it.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
You could chisel out hieroglyphics.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dr. Faustus posted:

"It was not inartfully written, it was pristine clear that the Vice President of the United States had little constitutional authority if any at all."

I think Judge Luttig is currently constituted, primarily, of gravitas.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I dieded.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Almost Smart posted:

You could chisel out hieroglyphics.

You could write it in binary code and still only be like a word or two behind.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

:perfect:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I get these are Republicans speaking, but jesus christ this circlejerk of OUR SACRED CONSTITUTION is getting loving old quick

It was a second draft when the articles were a total loving failure, jesus christ

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Jacob's took further offense to the rebuttal of his assertion that the sentence was inartfully written.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I MEANT GRAVY!

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
IMHO Al Gore should have declared himself the winner of that election.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

JASON MILLER YEAAAAH BOIII

He's a traitor now

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just loving distill this and inject it straight into my loving veins. This is goddamned cathartic.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

mdemone posted:

He has every reason in the world to keep any deposition absolutely quiet.

Right, HE DOES, but I just meant it would probably have leaked by now. I don't see what sort of blowback or fear he'd have from testifying though, for the reasons I outlined. MAGA's already hate him. Doesn't seem like he did anything wrong or illegal (which is why they hate him). Trump cant hurt him I don't think. Unless he got up to some poo poo unrelated and Donald can out him somehow.

What would he really have to worry about directly related to 1/6?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Kushner lmao

This lawyer that talked to Eastman is damning

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

TulliusCicero posted:

Kushner lmao

This lawyer that talked to Eastman is damning

Herschmann is my favorite slimeball in this entire thing. Just immediately making GBS threads all over Eastman at length.

Also the extended video of everyone saying "Eastman was a stupid idiot" was perfect.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Just lmao that even Eastman said his theory was grabage in writing

Just did it anyway

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Richard

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

BiggerBoat posted:

Right, HE DOES, but I just meant it would probably have leaked by now. I don't see what sort of blowback or fear he'd have from testifying though, for the reasons I outlined. MAGA's already hate him. Doesn't seem like he did anything wrong or illegal (which is why they hate him). Trump cant hurt him I don't think. Unless he got up to some poo poo unrelated and Donald can out him somehow.

Much more likely they have everything they need from Jacob and Short

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

...................................Nixon

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Just did it anyway

“I have the worst loving attorneys” - John Eastman regarding his lawyer, John Eastman

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

He's probably well aware of various facets of illegal plotting to overthrow the election. Remember he didn't become persona non grata to the maga crowd until he refused to not count the votes on Jan 6. I'm sure he was plenty involved in nefarious poo poo before then. So I wouldn't be surprised if he was very wary of testifying.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oooh a metaphor and he is settling in for the final point

Rooting for Luttig now against all likelihood

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I think this guy might be just trying to run out the clock.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Charliegrs posted:

He's probably well aware of various facets of illegal plotting to overthrow the election. Remember he didn't become persona non grata to the maga crowd until he refused to not count the votes on Jan 6. I'm sure he was plenty involved in nefarious poo poo before then. So I wouldn't be surprised if he was very wary of testifying.

Pence would have become a loving national hero if he had 25thed Trump instead of being a loving coward

Now he lives on a couch

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

That's what al gore looks like now wow

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

JASON MILLER loving LMAO

What a scumbag

"Yeah there is no basis for Pence to do this"

Fox News: "PENCE NEEDS TO DO THE RIGHT THING!"

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Eastman just shouting the quiet part at the top of his lungs ; laws are supposed to harm and limit the Left while being a tool of the Right.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

Just did it anyway

Always a good idea to write down proof of your corrupt intent

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Xiahou Dun posted:

Eastman just shouting the quiet part at the top of his lungs ; laws are supposed to harm and limit the Left while being a tool of the Right.

If anyone had a basis for trying something it was Al Gore. What a loving boondoggle this entire thing was. I'm still trying to picture what would have happened if Pence did send the votes back and it's just not even something I can put in my head.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LegionAreI posted:

If anyone had a basis for trying something it was Al Gore. What a loving boondoggle this entire thing was. I'm still trying to picture what would have happened if Pence did send the votes back and it's just not even something I can put in my head.

Hell, just show the opening minutes of Fahrenheit 9/11. It's an extended sequence of Al Gore presiding over the electoral count vote certification in January of 2001 and an entire procession of Democrat congresspeople just coming up to the podium and begging him to do something to stop Bush from becoming president, and Gore calmly, one by one, telling them all to gently caress off because he was bound by the law to certify the election.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
If Pence kicked things back, the Trump firehose of scandals would have been turned on full blast so nobody would be able to focus on any one thing for too long before the next scandal distracted them. And this would go on and on until 2024 with Trump settling into a second term through inertia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

LegionAreI posted:

As Gregg Jacob said, it might have been decided in the streets.