Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

itskage posted:

Behold the perfect marriage

That does seem pretty neato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

itskage posted:

Behold the perfect marriage

Clearly not, he divorces his first arm as soon as a new hot dragon head is available.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Clearly not, he divorces his first arm as soon as a new hot dragon head is available.

You gotta hand it to him, he doesn't hesitate when he finds a new flame to be close to.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Why did someone transphobic choose a username based on Bon Clay? People are weird.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mystic Mongol posted:

Why did someone transphobic choose a username based on Bon Clay? People are weird.

Literally best role Jim Carrey never played.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/TheRightCant/status/1530295226119639042?t=HF8zodsZI6IT0FE3TgmMTg&s=19

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Put that on a big dog shirt and I’ll buy it.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

Just so you know at least one these images are just some random trans lady who posted on Reddit and I don't think it's fair to post stuff like this without pointing that out even in the context of this thread

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

My brother in law posted this. I am guessing that:
-a third of these are just conspiracies that are not real.
- a third are things that he has no idea what they even mean.
- a third are things he actually supported or still supports.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

My brother in law posted this. I am guessing that:
-a third of these are just conspiracies that are not real.
- a third are things that he has no idea what they even mean.
- a third are things he actually supported or still supports.

Most of this is real and are honestly good reasons to remember that our government is heavily militarized and unaccountable, and vigorously resistant to ever being held accountable. And a lot, if one is to be honest about them, are indicative of very callous, frequently very right-wing bullshit that considers only some people to count as meriting human and civil rights, both in the US and abroad.

However, you know your brother-in-law way better than I do, obviously, so you'll know far better how honestly he's actually presenting this and upon whom he's laying the blame.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I saw a tweet recently that said that the best way to sound crazy is to know about 4 things that the CIA fully admits to having done and your list made me think a lot about that

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
MK Ultra is the CIA effort to figure out brainwashing. It hosed some people up I think but amounted to no actual results. Up there with their experiments in remote viewing and telepathy as reminders that the CIA is actually pretty loving stupid.
Northwoods was a proposed false flag to justify war against Cuba, aka horrible godless communists. JFK ultimately rejected it.
Paperclip is when the US scooped up nazi scientists after WW2.
Fast & Furious was when the ATF under Dubya and Obama let guns from straw purchases walk to track them as they moved up the metaphorical chain in drug cartels. Some of those guns ended up being used to murder people.
Mockingbird is an alleged CIA op to manipulate the news for propaganda purposes in the 60s and 70s. Which like sort of true but this specific operation is bullshit.
Tuskegee was when a bunch of doctors working for the CDC back in the 70s decided to infect a bunch of black people with syphilis to see how untreated syphilis kills a person. It was pretty loving awful.
I don't think I need to go into Waco, Ruby Ridge, or JFK.
NSA spying is legit but like, absolutely something this dude supports when it's against leftists if he's conservative.
Building 7 is 9/11 truther poo poo.
Gulf of Tonkin is the incident that gave LBJ an excuse to jump into the Vietnam war, y'know supporting western imperialism, and involved a US destroyer attacking the Vietnamese navy based either on a mistaken belief they were under attack or possibly just to create a justification for war. Probably a mistake, but definitely used to justify a horrible imperialist war.
I assume the chicago black sites is about police detention poo poo that is very real, but if this dude is back the blue I guarantee you they support it.
Flint is probably about how Snyder pretty blatantly lied about his knowledge and involvement in that crisis, which was the result of austerity bullshit.
Iran Contra is very real, and is when the Reagan administration illegally sold arms to Iran in exchange for hostages, then used the illicit money to fund right wing anti-communist terrorists in Nicaragua.
Gary Webb goes back to allegations that the CIA is responsible for the sale of crack cocaine in the US. Which is like, yeah the CIA definitely supported the drug trade for the sake of their budget but they're not solely responsible for it. Also you're talking about something that primarily affected black people again, so up to you if you think they really give a poo poo about that. edit: There's also the fact he allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in the head twice. Conspiracy theorists would say it was retribution for exposing the CIA involvement in the drug trade, but eight years late? Probably not. Probably just a messy suicide.
NDAA is just the national defense authorization act.
Patriot Act is very real and if this person's conservative even odds they supported it when it was first implemented. But it also ties back into the NSA spying poo poo so kind of some list bloating.
Bliderberg Group and Bohemian Grove is just rich people poo poo. Bilderberg Group at least paints itself as a place where the rich and political powerful and get together and discuss global affairs confidentially, Bohemian Grove is just pure "rich people are bored and weird"
Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay are real, and if they support torture then they support both of those.

Also like no mention of Pat Tillman getting murdered by US soldiers and the US army covering up to protect the image of the War on Terror and the US military, so like c'mon incomplete rear end list of bullshit this person just got spoonfed.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 13, 2022

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

who wants to be homer in this ?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Yeah, I know that a lot of this is based in reality besides the weird Building 7, Bohemian Grove (I got a smile because Alex Jones still carries on) and Bilderberg Group.

He does not care about most of it. He would not care about any of the issues that are directed at black people (flint, cocaine trafficking, Chicago black site) except for maybe the Tuskegee Experiments since they happed before he was born). He also would not care about any of the post 9/11 stuff because “put a boot in their rear end” was his jam.

All the cia/fbi/ poo poo falls into the “probably has no clue what it actually was” but he has heard the names and has a vague idea at best (Waco and Ruby ridge only).

Like someone said, no Pat Tillman because that goes against the military state. No Cops turning on themselves because that goes against the police state. No Native tribes atrocities. No real America is bad, just the government is bad.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱
That whole "He was shot in the head twice and they claim it is a suicide thing" is definitely the result of videogames, where a shot anywhere in the head with any sort of bullet is instantly fatal. There's a multitude of guys who have survived rifle rounds to the head, and at least one (Famous Finnish sniper Simo Häyhä) survived an exploding bullet. The human skull is pretty hardy. If I were aiming to kill myself with a gun I'd be aiming to pull the trigger until I lost the capability to do so.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm confused as to what you are saying the video games have to do with this?

Usually its because they are shot in the back of the head or while handcuffed in the back of a police car, not just two trigger pulls

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

Harold Fjord posted:

I'm confused as to what you are saying the video games have to do with this?

Usually its because they are shot in the back of the head or while handcuffed in the back of a police car, not just two trigger pulls

Gary Webb (who we're talking about specifically) wasn't in the back of the head or anything like that. One bullet exited through his face and the other hit an artery. It being a suicide is highly probable.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

DiabloStarCraft posted:

That whole "He was shot in the head twice and they claim it is a suicide thing" is definitely the result of videogames, where a shot anywhere in the head with any sort of bullet is instantly fatal. There's a multitude of guys who have survived rifle rounds to the head, and at least one (Famous Finnish sniper Simo Häyhä) survived an exploding bullet. The human skull is pretty hardy. If I were aiming to kill myself with a gun I'd be aiming to pull the trigger until I lost the capability to do so.

That has been around for a lot longer than modern shooter games. The issue isn't that people think that headshots are always instantly fatal, it's that your ability to hold a gun and pull the trigger, as well as the intention and will to do so, tends to drop sharply after you put a hole in your brain.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Oh yes I forgot the webv example. Agree that exiting through the face is not really sufficient evidence the bigger question would be where the entry wound was.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

TGLT posted:

Tuskegee was when a bunch of doctors working for the CDC back in the 70s decided to infect a bunch of black people with syphilis to see how untreated syphilis kills a person. It was pretty loving awful.

Minor correction, they already had latent syphilis. The CDC never told them their diagnoses, and instead treated them with placebos for "bad blood" while documenting the progression of the disease. For 40 years. 100 of the original 400 died of syphilis, despite us having effective treatments for it long before the experiment ended.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I thought the right loved abu gharib

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I thought the right loved abu gharib

Only when a republican is in office. When a Dem is in charge, it becomes a bad thing again.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Also now that they're terrorists who could get the terrorist treatment they suddenly have thoughts about the ethical treatment of terrorists.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dameius posted:

Also now that they're terrorists who could get the terrorist treatment they suddenly have thoughts about the ethical treatment of terrorists.

Waterboarding in diesel sounds pretty good when the person getting boarded is a fascist

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Devorum posted:

Minor correction, they already had latent syphilis. The CDC never told them their diagnoses, and instead treated them with placebos for "bad blood" while documenting the progression of the disease. For 40 years. 100 of the original 400 died of syphilis, despite us having effective treatments for it long before the experiment ended.

You're right, I got it slightly confused with a different syphilis experiment the US conducted in Guatemala where they did in fact infect people.

Although in the Tuskegee experiment they never told them they had syphilis which likely led to them infecting their wives, and ensuring children were born with it.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 14, 2022

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

TGLT posted:

You're right, I got it slightly confused with a different syphilis experiment the US conducted in Guatemala where they did in fact infect people.

Although in the Tuskegee experiment they never told them they had syphilis which likely led to them infecting their wives, and ensuring children were born with it.

There's truly no bottom to the awful poo poo we've done to people.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
At the bottom of the barrel there's another smaller barrel marked "radioactive oatmeal for developmentally disabled children, feed without informed consent, regards Quaker Oats Company"

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

J.A.B.C. posted:

I mean, they also did an episode about AIDS, and one about a terrible hyper-capitalist future where the Planeteers are all jaded old folks and the corporations won.

Captain Planet gave 0 fucks, I miss it.

OK KO: Let's Be Heroes did a Captain Planet crossover episode a couple of years back. It ended with Captain Planet informing the main characters that even though he and the Planeteers tried to save the earth back in the 90s, no one listened and the planet is still screwed. :negative:

No fucks given at all.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Vandar posted:

OK KO: Let's Be Heroes did a Captain Planet crossover episode a couple of years back. It ended with Captain Planet informing the main characters that even though he and the Planeteers tried to save the earth back in the 90s, no one listened and the planet is still screwed. :negative:

No fucks given at all.

I need to look up that episode.

"The Power...is no longer yours, you selfish fucks."

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Guavanaut posted:

At the bottom of the barrel there's another smaller barrel marked "radioactive oatmeal for developmentally disabled children, feed without informed consent, regards Quaker Oats Company"

Yeah, the amusing conceit of that list is this isn't exactly the sort of thing unfiltered libertarianism wouldn't do. "Hey. We need to test a new drug." "Eh, grab a bunch of poor southern blacks as a control. Nobody'll care. What're they going to do, sue us? They think we're treating 'bad blood' for Rand's sake."

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vandar posted:

No fucks given at all.

Is that the one with Don Cheadle as Captain Planet?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

No, that was a live action thing. OK KO is a cartoon that ran for a couple of years on Cartoon Network.

(It also had a really loving good Sonic crossover and it ALSO crossed over with the old webcomic RPG World and serves as its ending!)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vandar posted:

No, that was a live action thing. OK KO is a cartoon that ran for a couple of years on Cartoon Network.

(It also had a really loving good Sonic crossover and it ALSO crossed over with the old webcomic RPG World and serves as its ending!)

loving WHAT? Now I need to know more.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

the_steve posted:

loving WHAT? Now I need to know more.

One of the creators of OK KO is the guy who did RPG World. Episode 34 was a crossover episode with the comic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBZyHXrn0ec

He even did one final strip for the comic to tie things up for it.

It was honestly a sweet bit of closure to something that younger me never thought would see any kind of finale. :3:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Silly Burrito posted:

That one is a crossover with funnyordie iirc

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
They got David Coburn and Levar Burton, the voices of Captain Planet and Kwame, for the Captain Planet episode. Dr Blight was there too, but they didn't get Meg Ryan.

The surprisingly downer ending used to be on YouTube, but I can't find it now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wow, where were all the good guys with a guns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

Wow, where were all the good guys with a guns?

I mean really we should be happy that all the crimes were solved and they were able to do the research and determine they were all illegal guns.