Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Kneecaps posted:

I want to say they half-heartedly said they'd do DS9? But I may be making that up. I don't think they ever thought it would get this far. I think they're almost halfway done with TNG, which is just insane.

Andrew's become a fan of DS9 so he might be up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
City Slickers and Despicable Me are real "We Like Movies" territory to me, but they are also very roastable films.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Yeah, I'm honestly glad the show has expanded to cover movies that are pretty good but still fun to joke around with. Maybe that's me being selfish as someone who likes to watch along with the show, but it's nice to not be watching the absolute worst crap every week!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it's great to rip into stuff but it's also good to just hear them talk about a movie that's fine but still have some stupid poo poo to have fun with. Like, yea, city slickers is a great hangover movie but there's plenty to point and laugh at

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
What was their take on Vibes again? Saw it on a whim, honestly Lauper and Goldblum had decent chemistry. Definitely mediocre and less than the sum of its parts but not a terrible hangover movie, actually a few funny moments even if Peter Falk has to carry most of it.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Can't believe we finally got a Jurassic Park episode and there's no Eric.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

clown shoes posted:

Can't believe we finally got a Jurassic Park episode and there's no Eric.

:same:

Although the gang probably just tied him up in the closet

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Iron Crowned posted:

:same:

Although the gang probably just tied him up in the closet

smh, can't believe y'all are forgetting that Eric is attending Top Pod, for elite podcasters now, as revealed in the Top Gun episode.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Do you think Eric is the Maverick of Top Pod?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I just can’t believe that eric wasn’t on an episode of the nexus with a connection to the JFK assassination

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

If the reviews I have read of Jurassic World: Dominion are any indication, I have the feeling the Jurassic Park WHM saga will in fact be concluded next January.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Holy poo poo the Schindler's list jokes in the city slickers episode. Did not expect that twist

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Arson Daily posted:

Holy poo poo the Schindler's list jokes in the city slickers episode. Did not expect that twist

Pretty sure there was a Red Coat joke from Cabin on their Jurassic Park episode, too. He really had it on his mind the week they were taping.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

thrawn527 posted:

Pretty sure there was a Red Coat joke from Cabin on their Jurassic Park episode, too. He really had it on his mind the week they were taping.

That one at least came up naturally as Spielberg was doing post on JP while filming Schindler's List.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Huh, I guess I have seen The Expendables 2, I guess I suppressed that memory until today

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Iron Crowned posted:

Huh, I guess I have seen The Expendables 2, I guess I suppressed that memory until today

The first one is a fun if dumb action movie that hits the exact notes Stallone was trying for (our heroes raid a mansion owned by Eric god drat Roberts at the end, for Christ's sake). Part 2 is when the wheels starting coming off the train and started to take itself a little too seriously because they got bigger stars in it, but I'll always love how Stallone supposedly lied to Chuck Norris to get him in the movie. (The story goes that Norris refused to be in the movie if it was R, so Stallone assured him it was being scripted and cut to be PG-13, and he even did public interviews justifying the rating. Then, after Norris was done filming, he said, "Nah, the movie's gonna be R, c'mon." and Norris was apparently pissed, but whatever.) Could be urban legend, but I do remember the Stallone interviews about the PG-13 rating, and then it suddenly being rated R anyway. In the end, though, it's not as good as the first one, which already wasn't great.

That third one, though, holy poo poo is that a bad movie. Almost no one is trying in the third one. The only people who are trying at all in part 3 are Wesley Snipes for his scene at the beginning, Antonio Banderas (who, admittedly, is. having the time of his life), and, unfortunately, Mel Gibson, who is trying his best, but is still Mel Gibson.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They’re all so mediocre. Should have been an easy layup to make a dumb action movie but they couldn’t even make them memorable bad. Only thing I remember of the third was Kelsey Grammer being in it and confused why he was supposed to be in an action movie star movie.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Speaking of Kelsey Grammer, is Boss any good? I've never seen anyone talk about it so my guess is no.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

the show Boss? yeah its real good cold political drama/thriller. Better than House of Cards imo, but still starring a scum bag. Maybe not as a big of a scum bag as Spacey but a scum bag nonetheless.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Andrew, Eric, and Chris doing the VHS trailer game without Steve is loving great.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Invalid Validation posted:

Only thing I remember of the third was Kelsey Grammer being in it and confused why he was supposed to be in an action movie star movie.

he's the only one that remembered it's called a Money Plane.

also

clown shoes posted:

Andrew, Eric, and Chris doing the VHS trailer game without Steve is loving great.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol'd at "Even if he's old, I dunno put him in a van, make him give some guy a gun"

re: mr t in expendables

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I can't believe I actually enjoyed the Expendables movies when they first came out :cripes: Rewatched #2 last night before the episode and it was just so soulless.

clown shoes posted:

Yeah, that got a good laugh out of me

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1537128723035602944?t=yh5ogfYXV7tV9rIsvaiknQ&s=19

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I enjoyed the chaotic nature of the episode without Steve there to do the required "ANYWAY...back to the movie" thing and wrangle everyone back. Good to have the parents out of the house from time to time.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I think my favorite Steve-ism is when he tries to get the gang back on topic with a "So anyway, that guy's dead...".

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

New Once in a Lifetime on Babynapped a.k.a. Born and Missing really peaked with the discussion of Mountain Dew wines only to be topped a little while later by Crabin's idea for belly jelly, scraped off the stomachs of pregnant women :barf:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Mountain Dew Wine discussion was hilarious.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I'll be honest, I didn't expect to hear a comparison between the movies The Expendables 2 and Amelie

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

explosivo posted:

The Mountain Dew Wine discussion was hilarious.

thank god I was in my car when this came up; I was howling. Top tier episode for the top tier subscribers holy poo poo. fukkin code red wine is gonna be running through my head for ages

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Was not expecting them to go from Cats & Dogs to the live-action Tom & Jerry movie and Colin Jost, which led to slams on Colin and some incredible Scarlett Johansson impressions.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Can confirm this movie is blatant dogaganda. I hated this movie when I watched it as a kid because I'd had numerous bad encounters with dogs and loved my pet cat.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I think secretly dog lovers love it when dogs hump their legs and kiss them on the mouth.

Cats > dogs

Ignore me all you want cat. At least you aren’t rubbing your red rocket on my legs and licking my mouth.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

dorium posted:

I think secretly dog lovers love it when dogs hump their legs and kiss them on the mouth.

Cats > dogs

Ignore me all you want cat. At least you aren’t rubbing your red rocket on my legs and licking my mouth.

90% of dog lovers openly love it, and will actively deride you if you don't kiss dogs on the mouth.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The only people I have met that prefer one over the other and who openly say "I would never own a cat/dog!" are uncaring war criminals. Just, like.....have the cool pet.

This doe snot count people allergic.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
There are hypoallergenic breeds of both. There are no excuses.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I don't have a dog because I barely have enough energy for myself and I know I won't give that poor pup enough attention.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
When the CIA or whoever leaked that list of all the anime and stuff Bin Laden supposedly had, they made sure the Cats and Dogs DVD was redacted.

They don't want the world to know the truth

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

SkeletonHero posted:

There are hypoallergenic breeds of both. There are no excuses.

But are there hyperallergenic breeds? I want to weed out those histamine-infested chumps from my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SilentChaz posted:

Was not expecting them to go from Cats & Dogs to the live-action Tom & Jerry movie and Colin Jost, which led to slams on Colin and some incredible Scarlett Johansson impressions.

The funniest thing is that impression was both somehow kinda good but also sounds a lot like the impression of the kid from Cyber Seduction.