Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

My Model 3 comes in this week but I can’t pick it up until 7/1 or I give up a $4k Illinois rebate :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

They ain’t gonna let you wait that long from what I’ve read.

Sonic Dude
May 6, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

They ain’t gonna let you wait that long from what I’ve read.

Especially not into a new fiscal quarter.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

I haven’t paid yet so the worst they can do is sell it from under me and make me wait for the next one.

Eyes Only
May 20, 2008

Do not attempt to adjust your set.
My model Y doesn't have a drain in the frunk, I take everything good I said about it back. If I can't fill it with ice and shrimp what is the point.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Eyes Only posted:

My model Y doesn't have a drain in the frunk, I take everything good I said about it back. If I can't fill it with ice and shrimp what is the point.

You can definitely fill your frunk with ice and shrimp, don't let anyone tell you that you can't

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Eyes Only, fill your frunk with iced shrimp.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just came across this clarification regarding the Mach-E recall:

quote:

On affected vehicles, Direct Current (“DC”) fast charging and repeated wide open pedal events can cause the high voltage battery main contactors to overheat. Overheating may lead to arcing and deformation of the electrical contact surfaces, which can result in a contactor that remains open or a contactor that welds closed. An overheated contactor that opens while driving can result in a loss of motive power, which can increase the risk of an accident.

The remedy for this program is a Secondary On-Board Diagnostic Control Module (SOBDMC) and Battery Energy Control Module (BECM) software update. Ford is anticipated to begin Over-The-Air (OTA) deployment to update the SOBDMC an BECM software for affected vehicles next month. Alternatively, owners will have the option to take their vehicle to a Ford or Lincoln dealer to complete the software update.
So yeah you can imagine the software fix for this condition :)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Didn't the Mach-E already have notoriously poor acceleration at freeway speeds? Maybe they already saw this problem during testing but didn't get the throttling quite right

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

LeafHouse posted:

My Model 3 comes in this week but I can’t pick it up until 7/1 or I give up a $4k Illinois rebate :negative:

Once your car arrives they'll only let you delay it 3 days, so, back of the line you go!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sounds like you’re dodging a bullet, friend. Have you heard about the KIA EV6? I hear it’s pretty good.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

QuarkJets posted:

Didn't the Mach-E already have notoriously poor acceleration at freeway speeds? Maybe they already saw this problem during testing but didn't get the throttling quite right

Pretty much. 1/4 mile trap speed is a pretty good indicator of highway acceleration and both the regular AWD Mach and the GT are at best about the same as the single motor RWD Tesla 3 (~101 mph). The AWD 3 is around 111 mph and the Performance is 115.

EVs generally don't excel at highway acceleration but the Mach GTs are equivalent to a 4 cylinder turbo honda or an F-150 Limited while the Tesla 3P is more like Mustang GT territory.

GT owners have been hoping for a "fix" to improve this so if they get a fix that makes it even worse, even temporarily, I will laugh until my testicles fall off.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

QuarkJets posted:

Just the GT.

Hopefully Ford fixed the issues for the Lightning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH1NpjxhkdQ

Zero One fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 16, 2022

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zero One posted:

Just the GT.

The regular AWD isn't really much better, as the nearly identical trap speed indicates, it's just less incongruous because it's also not that fast below highway speeds.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jun 16, 2022

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

For the ambitious professional who pushes the limits of ultra connected oppression towards the techno-totalitarian future, but also dreams of the glorious past of marbled, autocratic imperialism... this is the grille for you.

It's even more enslaving in person. Zeitgeisty by the legions. Locals will nod knowingly to the plates, where the owner has gone out of his (or she? No) way to get non-EV ones.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It looks like a Lincoln.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

It's the new electric Zil

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

QuarkJets posted:

I have the slowest version of the car and it’s perfectly fine. It’s not a sports car but it still pulls plenty well enough to pass people up into the 80s. It’s certainly not worse than the CX-5 that it replaced.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

mattfl posted:

Once your car arrives they'll only let you delay it 3 days, so, back of the line you go!

I only just placed my order on Tuesday so at this rate I’ll be taking a few more laps through the line.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ford should use “Certainly not slower than a Mazda CX-5” in their next Mustang Mach-e ad campaign.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Ford should use “Certainly not slower than a Mazda CX-5” in their next Mustang Mach-e ad campaign.

Maybe use "Zastava Koral" to make it sound foreign and important.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

LeafHouse posted:

I only just placed my order on Tuesday so at this rate I’ll be taking a few more laps through the line.

How did you just place your order this week and it’s already about to be delivered?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zero One posted:

Just the GT.

Hopefully Ford fixed the issues for the Lightning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH1NpjxhkdQ

Their first run was only 2 tenths slower than Motortrends best run with the Mach-E GT Performance.

ffs Ford.

I really think Ford's early GT prototyping showed they had an 11.99 second car that was going to wow everyone and then the next 12 months of testing told them that if they released it like that they'd have to pay 12 billion dollars in battery warranties and the contactors would weld themselves to the driver's feet after the third full throttle run. But it was too late to do any re-engineering or re-branding (the performance would be fine if they hadn't called it a Mustang GT Performance Edition) so they just said gently caress it and released it as is.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

LeafHouse posted:

Do you have a VIN already? If so I'd say it seems like you got someone elses that backed out.

Deliveries have been getting quicker it seems like lately though, I think the pricing increases are chilling demand. Mine was over 3 months from OD to my first delivery day window but seems like quite a few are getting delivered in around 4-6 weeks. It's basically a crap shoot though, they don't operate first in first out, it's entirely up to what your configuration is and whether they've got transportation heading your direction at the right time. Bunch of people on the east coast got theirs well before mine I think just because of extra room in their transportation chain.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
If the Lightning has the tow package it has a second AC compressor just for the battery. Something I guess the Mach E GT needs.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

If the Lightning has the tow package it has a second AC compressor just for the battery. Something I guess the Mach E GT needs.

If the Mach E had a second AC loop there wouldn't be enough space for ice and shrimp! Obviously Ford made the right choice.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Those F150 lighting drag races were legit good. More people need to see "giant electric brick outruns sports car in the ¼ mile" to convince them that EVs actually have something here and it isn't just Tesla pushing unreasonable performance.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Y’all acting like you’re all too good to buy shrimp from the guy on the side of the road with a seafood sign.

Now he can go electric!!!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

If the Mach E had a second AC loop there wouldn't be enough space for ice and shrimp! Obviously Ford made the right choice.

Icy Shrimp can keep the battery cool!

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Loading dry ice and frozen tuna steak into the frunk before my quarter mile. After I get back to the staging area, I serve it perfectly grilled with a little salt and lemon wedge.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Do you have a VIN already? If so I'd say it seems like you got someone elses that backed out.

Deliveries have been getting quicker it seems like lately though, I think the pricing increases are chilling demand. Mine was over 3 months from OD to my first delivery day window but seems like quite a few are getting delivered in around 4-6 weeks. It's basically a crap shoot though, they don't operate first in first out, it's entirely up to what your configuration is and whether they've got transportation heading your direction at the right time. Bunch of people on the east coast got theirs well before mine I think just because of extra room in their transportation chain.

Yeah, I just got the VIN yesterday. That makes sense, I assume there must be a lot of people in the same situation I am. I hope I can take delivery before my daughter’s dance competition in July :heysexy:

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I home GM refreshes the Spark EV, that name is too good to let go.

Buick Electra

It's the right thing to do.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

VideoGameVet posted:

Buick Electra

It's the right thing to do.

The Carmen Electra EV Unrated version will get the aging gen X’ers hot and bothered

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

LeafHouse posted:

Yeah, I just got the VIN yesterday. That makes sense, I assume there must be a lot of people in the same situation I am. I hope I can take delivery before my daughter’s dance competition in July :heysexy:

lmao at illinois residents all backing out en masse and the same car getting passed around over and over

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
When I was checking out the EV6 at the dealer we were looking at the frunk and the dealer commented how it would be useful for storing meat...I was thinking more like charging cables but sure, i guess meat works too

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The “frunk” in the EV6 sucks lol. Yeah just keep your travel charger there and maybe another small thing. I’ve yet to use it for anything.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Things that are nice to have in the frunk: Can of wiper fluid, spray bottle of window wash or other cleaning stuff, roll of paper towels. Warning triangle, hig viz vest, other stuff you might be legally required to carry and which is a pain to get hold of if something happens with full vacation load. (also a pain if the front end is crumpled, so don't be the one that crashes)

Ola fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 17, 2022

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

EV6 frunk is useless I bet you can't even get a pork shoulder in there let alone a brisket.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Ola posted:

Things that are nice to have in the frunk: Can of wiper fluid, spray bottle of window wash or other cleaning stuff, roll of paper towels. Warning triangle, hig viz vest, other stuff you might be legally required to carry and which is a pain to get hold of if something happens with full vacation load. (also a pain if the front end is crumpled, so don't be the one that crashes)

Hig viz should be in the cabin so you can go out of the car to put the triangle or whatever with the vest on and not get spattered. I remember some countries code being very pedantic on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

SlowBloke posted:

Hig viz should be in the cabin so you can go out of the car to put the triangle or whatever with the vest on and not get spattered. I remember some countries code being very pedantic on this.

Ok fair enough, that's where I have mine.