Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

not that it matters for anyone but me and the default keyboard controls aren't even that awful (i switched precisely one key) but it does look like the tmnt game forgets your keybindings between times firing it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Jack Trades posted:

I tried the Selaco demo. It's pretty good boomer shooting but man, the enemies are incredibly good at blending into the environment killing you while you can't even see them.
If they want to make a fast paced game, they really should make enemies stand out from the environment.

Sloppy posted:

Game made me feel dumb because I couldn't figure out where to find a weapon or how to get past the first enemies so I quit.

Rusty posted:

Selaco certainly looks amazing, but I also had issues seeing the enemies. I really liked a lot about it though, but probably not enough to buy it but the atmosphere, level design, and art style are amazing.

I initially had the same issue of finding a weapon, but they want you to run by the first set of enemies and go in to another crawl space and when you drop out they give you your first gun.

I got a similar impression. The game seems like is has promise but the entire visual design threw me off.

The general aesthetic and level design makes figuring out what you're supposed to do next extremely dodgy. Everything seems to blend in with everything else. New pathways are quite hard to find.

It feels like they want to do the Half Life thing where they design the main path forward to be comprised of all these seemingly "secondary" or non-intuitive paths, like for example a long series of air ducts being the path to where you're supposed to go to progress to the next area, and the opening to the ducts is in an adjacent room to the big official looking doors that don't actually work, but the game does an insufficient job of telegraphing "hey, you really, really should check out these ducts over here, hint hint" so you could easily just end up stuck wandering around aimlessly with no clue what to do next. The general angular and maze-like design of the ship's rooms and hallways doesn't help guide the player along very much either.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 16, 2022

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

juicefest posted:

I feel like I'm being taunted as I wait for Neon White to unlock.

Woah I'd heard the name pop up before but wasn't really clear on what type of game this was, I'm looking it up right now and it sounds loving cool. Positive impressions too, saw one Eurogamer reviewer say it's their favorite game they've played all year

edit: like this is basically weird demonic anime Lovely Planet? sick

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

w.r.t. enemies being hard to pick out in selaco, the devs are aware

https://twitter.com/SelacoGame/status/1537028318205181953

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I had the same issues with the demo but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm finally almost finished with child of light

Game is fun but the combat is tedious

Have to be level 80+ to unlock all the skill tree slots lol

And you get way too few oscai gem things to make much decent equipment

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It definitely has some issues but on balance I think it works.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

For better or worse, each battle feels challenging and does not last Too long, but I don't feel like I'm actually getting any stronger and I'm lvl40+ in chapter 9/10 chapters

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Gaining one level doesn't make much of a difference but if you're underleveled going into the last few boss fights you will notice results from grinding.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Does Shredder's revenge not support crossplay between Steam and Game pass versions? Friend has on Steam, I have on Game pass, we cannot group together.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

Gaining one level doesn't make much of a difference but if you're underleveled going into the last few boss fights you will notice results from grinding.

I wish I could use three members in the active party like the mobs can...

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

TeaJay posted:

Does Shredder's revenge not support crossplay between Steam and Game pass versions? Friend has on Steam, I have on Game pass, we cannot group together.
the only information i've read says that Steam and Gamepass people *should* be able to group together, but either cannot with Epic Games Store. Might be something unexpected on release that they have to hotfix?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

the only information i've read says that Steam and Gamepass people *should* be able to group together, but either cannot with Epic Games Store. Might be something unexpected on release that they have to hotfix?

https://www.theouterhaven.net/2022/06/tmnt-shredders-revenge-supports-crossplay-on-xbox-and-pc/

well this article says

quote:

As it stands right now, TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge supports crossplay on the PC (Windows Store and Steam) and the Xbox platforms. This means that anyone on the PC can play with those on the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, as long as they are using Steam or the Windows Store. This does not count the Epic Game Store version.
followed immediately by

quote:

It’s also worth mentioning that the Steam and Windows Store versions of the game can also play with the Epic Game Store version.
so i don't know what the gently caress

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well, when he tried to invite via Steam, it sorta tried to open the games store page and when I did, it directed him on Microsoft store... so obviously the crossplay does not work at this point, if both only work with the same platform.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah the public lobbies are full of players with the Epic store icon, and if that works I gotta assume Gamepass is supposed to as well. Maybe a bug

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Huh, I didn't have any readability issues with Selaco's enemies, them being sprites againt a 3D background inherently made them pop for me, I guess.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

steamdb lists the steam version as using epic online services so it would be pretty weird if it didn't interop with the epic store version

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

lets split the difference and say steam can play with xbox and gamepass people can play with epic games, but every other week it swaps

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://youtu.be/WJ7F0Hr0G9E

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

repiv posted:

w.r.t. enemies being hard to pick out in selaco, the devs are aware

https://twitter.com/SelacoGame/status/1537028318205181953

It's honestly a bit odd to me that it took this long to address. Literally the very first preview they put out on Twitter I thought the enemies were too indistinct. Glad it's being fixed tho.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That Slitherine Starship Troopers RTS is out today. I actually quite enjoyed the demo, with its emphasis on positioning and sitelines. Probably gonna pick it up since SP-focused RTS aren't exactly a dime a dozen these days.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1202130/Starship_Troopers_Terran_Command/

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

slithering starship troopers! sounds like something sam would yell when him and max discover a lizardman military outpost on mars

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Mordja posted:

That Slitherine Starship Troopers RTS is out today. I actually quite enjoyed the demo, with its emphasis on positioning and sitelines. Probably gonna pick it up since SP-focused RTS aren't exactly a dime a dozen these days.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1202130/Starship_Troopers_Terran_Command/

They let me in the closed beta, it's a decent jam if you really like starship troopers IP like I do. Kinda rough around the edges but it's fun

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Does anybody know if the Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga game ever patched in the ability to adjust the FoV?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

FF7 Remake: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1462040/FINAL_FANTASY_VII_REMAKE_INTERGRADE/

Currently scheduled to launch in 9 hours.

edit: Steam Deck verified! Nice.

Anno fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 16, 2022

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

GUYS REMEMBER DRAGONS DOGMA?
https://youtu.be/ndLqGPqeQqM

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I really want to like Potion Permit, but after playing the demo, I sadly don't.

The tutorial is long and it's not clear if there's even a non-tutorial part of the game or if everything is on rails. Been a week now and it's still drip feeding new mechanics every day and locking me out of progressing in any way but towards the next mechanic. It gives a very thin illusion of freedom by allowing me to go do other things, but I can't progress in any fashion except by following the next story quest. The first several days, you can't even build relationship points with the villagers.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Anno posted:

FF7 Remake: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1462040/FINAL_FANTASY_VII_REMAKE_INTERGRADE/

Currently scheduled to launch in 9 hours.

edit: Steam Deck verified! Nice.

Hell yes!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

DRAGONS DOGMA 2 Is coming who the hell knows when or on what but at least they said it

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
drat. That last second reveal.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I thought we already knew that, where's the goddamn details, capcom? :mad:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

dogma balls

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

FF7R was confirmed to be a trilogy and part 2 is launching as a PS5 exclusive next winter

at this rate the full trilogy will be on pc somewhere around 2030 lmao

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
So this Starship Troopers RTS, I notice it says it's "set in the Starship Troopers movies universe". Movies

Now, I'm sure they're mostly drawing from the original Verhoeven film because frankly, it's the only good one. However, I'm wondering if the devs took anything from ST3:Marauder?
...No, not the mech suits. I'm asking if there's any musical numbers.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

more like dragons dongma

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
...so if Epic only paid for six months of EGS exclusivity for FFVIIR, why is Kingdom Hearts still not on Steam after over 14 months

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Barry Convex posted:

...so if Epic only paid for six months of EGS exclusivity for FFVIIR, why is Kingdom Hearts still not on Steam after over 14 months

Epic paid the real big bucks for KH.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Cartoon Man posted:

Hello thread, what’s the Verdict on V Rising? I love Subnautica, I love Stardew Valley, I love Diablo. Is this the game I’ve been waiting for? I’m always hesitant with early access games…

There is plenty to do in it already. It's not very Stardew imo but it is a bit Subnautica. If you're playing solo, tweak settings in your game so the grind is a bit less onerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Only the Epic Game Launcher can contain that madness